HTC One Battery Drain since update to Android 4.4.2 Telus

Search This thread

colemac

Jul 15, 2011
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with batterydrain on my HTC One Telus? I have Betterbatterystats and wakelock detector but I not rooted. Is there an alternative I can use without root?

Thanks in advance,

jjmorgan79

May 2, 2014
****this totally solved my battery issues****

****THIS TOTALLY SOLVED MY BATTERY ISSUES****

Hi All

Dont know if youve sorted out your battery issues. I had them too. Phone always lasted a full day (c.16hrs) with about 10-15% spare. Suddenly found it totally dying by about 3pm every day. Tried a few things that didnt work but then came across the post below on a Verizon forum and it totally soved my problem - battery now even better than before, without changing any other sync, wifi, etc settings. Hope it works for you too....

"got an email from HTC support, which I will copy. so far, my battery is back to normal.

I totally understand your concern on this matter with the battery drainage of the phone, and I will be more than glad to assist you.

I ask you to please go to All apps > Settings > Battery or Power, and disable Fast boot. Then, please go to All apps > Settings > Developer options, and enable USB debugging. After doing this, please perform a Cache reset. This process will delete unwanted and temporary files from your phone. It will not mess up your personal files. Just follow the instructions on the attached file.

COPY OF ATTACHED FILE:

Power the phone off.
Press and hold the Volume Down button and then while still holding the Volume down, press the Power button as well.
You will get a menu giving you options such as: Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, and SIMlock
Navigate to “Recovery” using volume buttons, then press power to select.

The screen will change to display a phone on its back, with the update symbol above it. Momentarily it will change to an image of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

Press and hold volume up then press the power button for about 3seconds. You will see something very similar to the example shown below.

e:can’t open /cache/recovery/command
e:/ failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory exists)
A new screen will give you options like Reboot system now, Wipe Cache partition, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Navigate to “Wipe Cache” the volume down button and select with Power.

Navigate to “Reboot Phone” with the volume buttons and select with power.

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL Y'ALL (as we say in SC)"

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with batterydrain on my HTC One Telus? I have Betterbatterystats and wakelock detector but I not rooted. Is there an alternative I can use without root?

Thanks in advance,

levman

Jul 30, 2008
Wow, good find, I'll be trying this tomorrow! I had the battery drain problem after upgrading, along with other issues, I resolved it with a hard reset - which is a pain. Now, several months later, the battery drain issue is back again. Hoping that this will be an easier fix (and that Sprint hasn't done something to prevent me from entering recovery mode). Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

levman

Jul 30, 2008
Wow, good find, I'll be trying this tomorrow! I had the battery drain problem after upgrading, along with other issues, I resolved it with a hard reset - which is a pain. Now, several months later, the battery drain issue is back again. Hoping that this will be an easier fix (and that Sprint hasn't done something to prevent me from entering recovery mode). Thanks for the tip!

Of course, first one has to figure out how to enable Developer Options, which has been hidden.

Go to Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More and tap "Build Number" 7 times

levman

Jul 30, 2008
A good guide with pictures here ... But it skips the USB debugging step, which I assume is still necessary?

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526

Thanks again for the tip jjmorgan79, my phone is definitely snappier and hopefully this fixes the battery issue too. I suspect this is going to become a monthly activity for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****this totally solved my battery issues****

****THIS TOTALLY SOLVED MY BATTERY ISSUES****

Hi All

Dont know if youve sorted out your battery issues. I had them too. Phone always lasted a full day (c.16hrs) with about 10-15% spare. Suddenly found it totally dying by about 3pm every day. Tried a few things that didnt work but then came across the post below on a Verizon forum and it totally soved my problem - battery now even better than before, without changing any other sync, wifi, etc settings. Hope it works for you too....

"got an email from HTC support, which I will copy. so far, my battery is back to normal.

I totally understand your concern on this matter with the battery drainage of the phone, and I will be more than glad to assist you.

I ask you to please go to All apps > Settings > Battery or Power, and disable Fast boot. Then, please go to All apps > Settings > Developer options, and enable USB debugging. After doing this, please perform a Cache reset. This process will delete unwanted and temporary files from your phone. It will not mess up your personal files. Just follow the instructions on the attached file.

COPY OF ATTACHED FILE:

Power the phone off.
    Press and hold the Volume Down button and then while still holding the Volume down, press the Power button as well.
    You will get a menu giving you options such as: Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, and SIMlock
    Navigate to “Recovery” using volume buttons, then press power to select.

The screen will change to display a phone on its back, with the update symbol above it. Momentarily it will change to an image of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.

Press and hold volume up then press the power button for about 3seconds. You will see something very similar to the example shown below.

e:can’t open /cache/recovery/command
    A new screen will give you options like Reboot system now, Wipe Cache partition, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Navigate to “Wipe Cache” the volume down button and select with Power.

Navigate to “Reboot Phone” with the volume buttons and select with power.

HOPE THIS HELPS ALL Y'ALL (as we say in SC)"

Hello,

Thanks in advance,