Battery Performance Tip

Search This thread

Erikwithafro

Sep 13, 2011
Phoenix
I know people are always complaining about battery performance, or see stories of how someones phone will go from 100-40 in an hour and half to two hours. I think I've found a solution (notice how I said I THINK). I've seen random battery fluctuations on my device for months now, some days it lasts longer than others (obviously data off, wifi off, and all that good stuff) but the battery life would still be eaten away like crazy. Here's what I noticed a few days ago: I went to sleep and when I woke up the next day my battery life had dropped 20 percent overnight, and everything that sucks battery was off. It confused me because that doesn't happen unless I leave data or wifi on. So I looked through the phone and I turned off "Standalone GPS services" one night and went to bed again. The next morning, the phone battery had only dropped 2 percent!

tl;dr turn off Standalone GPS under Location and security settings. IT may help your phones battery life significantly

Hope this helps with your battery performance folks, and if this has been brought to your attention already, then sorry for the repost!:cool:

Sniper Spr3e

Dec 25, 2011
just thought i would reply

first of when i sleep if i need the alarm i turn the flight mode on as the battery only uses between 1-4 % a night normally 2

i dont have a standalone option only turn gp on and off
r800i 2.3.4

but i dont have any battery issues really if my battery is draining fast its because im playing a game or browsing the web alot

a good tip is
use wifi instead of data when a wifi network is available but keep wifi off when not in use.

too many people either leave wifi on all the time which wastes alot of battery or never use wifi as there confused and always use data connections even when at home (major battery killer)

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
What happens with my battery is that if I leave the phone on standby overnight it'll gain about 10% :) and that's not even in airplane mode.

But as usual my battery does drain quite a lot when playing games using wifi and all that. Using EDGE drains more than using wifi.

Last edited:

bhavei

Nov 13, 2011
Install AnTuTu CPU Master, set usage to 122 mhz when screen is off, on a call, max out when normal usage and charging.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

ridder215215

Dec 19, 2011
Leiden
What's the difference ? does the Xperia Play have a better battery ?

Each has its own pro's and cons. Here is a list:

Lithium ion:

-The lightest of all metals
-The greatest electrochemical potential
-The largest energy density for weight.
-The load characteristics are reasonably good in terms of discharge.
-The high cell voltage of 3.6 volts allows battery pack designs with only one cell versus three.
-It is is a low maintenance battery.
-No memory and no scheduled cycling is required to prolong the battery's life.
-Lithium-ion cells cause little harm when disposed.
-It is fragile and requires a protection circuit to maintain safe operation.
-Cell temperature is monitored to prevent temperature extremes.
-Capacity deterioration is noticeable after one year (whether the battery is in use or not).

Lithium Polymer:

-Lithium polymer chemistry differentiates itself from Lithium Ion in the type of electrolyte used (a plastic-like film that does not conduct electricity but allows ion exchange - electrically charged atoms or groups of atoms).
-The polymer electrolyte replaces the traditional porous separator, which is soaked with electrolyte.
-The dry polymer design offers simplifications with respect to fabrication, ruggedness, safety and thin-profile geometry.
-Cell thickness measures as little as one millimeter (0.039 inches).
-Can be formed and shaped in any way imagined.
-Commercial lithium polymer batteries are hybrid cells that contain gelled electrolyte to enhane conductivity.
-Gelled electrolyte added to the lithium ion polymer replaces the porous separator. -The gelled electrolyte is simply added to enhance ion conductivity.
Capacity is slightly less than that of the standard lithium ion battery.
-Lithium ion polymer finds its market niche in wafer-thin geometries, such as PDA batteries.
-Improved safety - more resistant to overcharge; less chance for electrolyte leakage.

Hydrony

Apr 20, 2012
You could try out apps like juice defender. It disables your data connection and enables it every 30 minutes for example, to update whatsapp etc. When I am at home, I use our WiFi network. My play has the best battery life of all my friends phones and I'm a heavy user, playing a lot of games and using the internet too.

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Last edited:

zachariahpope

May 5, 2012
You could try out apps like juice defender. It disables your data connection and enables it every 30 minutes for example, to update whatsapp etc. When I am at home, I use our WiFi network. My play has the best battery life of all my friends phones and I'm a heavy user, playing a lot of games and using the internet too.

Juice defender is a great app, but unfortunately it was interfering with my Words With Friends notifications too frequently lol.

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
For some reason, I'm kinda adamant that juice defender doesn't really help but I've done no test to prove that. I just kinda feel that way.

Hydrony

Apr 20, 2012
For some reason, I'm kinda adamant that juice defender doesn't really help but I've done no test to prove that. I just kinda feel that way.

It really does! It turns on my data every 30 minutes and I really got an improvement of my batterylife. Why would I need data, when listening to music for example? Just try it out

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
I do browse a lot and I'm constantly on wifi. I just use the general setting or whatever it's called

You need to try the ultimate version. You can select what happens on specific apps. So apps that dont use the internet, the data will be disabled whilst playing them

Also, you can set it to automatically turn data on/off depending on your location so you connect to wifi at home ect

I find it very useful

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
Thanks for the advices. I'm gonna test Juice Defender. Sounds good, as you don't need data during class :)

Jan 27, 2012
Use betterbattstats app to see what processes are running and apps like cpusky to check if your phone is going to deep sleep when not being used

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know people are always complaining about battery performance, or see stories of how someones phone will go from 100-40 in an hour and half to two hours. I think I've found a solution (notice how I said I THINK). I've seen random battery fluctuations on my device for months now, some days it lasts longer than others (obviously data off, wifi off, and all that good stuff) but the battery life would still be eaten away like crazy. Here's what I noticed a few days ago: I went to sleep and when I woke up the next day my battery life had dropped 20 percent overnight, and everything that sucks battery was off. It confused me because that doesn't happen unless I leave data or wifi on. So I looked through the phone and I turned off "Standalone GPS services" one night and went to bed again. The next morning, the phone battery had only dropped 2 percent!

tl;dr turn off Standalone GPS under Location and security settings. IT may help your phones battery life significantly

Hope this helps with your battery performance folks, and if this has been brought to your attention already, then sorry for the repost!:cool:

Im pretty sure it does, unless youre always using your internet

It really does! It turns on my data every 30 minutes and I really got an improvement of my batterylife. Why would I need data, when listening to music for example? Just try it out

I do browse a lot and I'm constantly on wifi. I just use the general setting or whatever it's called

You need to try the ultimate version. You can select what happens on specific apps. So apps that dont use the internet, the data will be disabled whilst playing them

Also, you can set it to automatically turn data on/off depending on your location so you connect to wifi at home ect

I find it very useful