obynio

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2012
/dev/null
obyn.io
ban.png

RecoverX - Q&A Thread​

Hello members !

Here is the Questions and Answer Thread for the RecoverX project. I've created this thread in order to help people who meets problems, bug, or who needs help for their device. So don't hesitate, I will try to help you as much as possible.

For further informations about this app, please go on the project thread (link bellow)

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
Download failed on xperia tx lt29i locked bl.

Download worked. But it won't load to recovery. Was this only intended for unlocked bl?

Sent from my LT29i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

obynio

Apr 28, 2012
/dev/null
obyn.io

Download worked. But it won't load to recovery. Was this only intended for unlocked bl?

Download failed on xperia p, rooted stock ics rom, unlocked bootloader

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

Depending of the device. I'm working on an update to add security steps in order to check if the recovery has been correctly installed.

Non-official custom recovery (especially for Sony devices) are not reliable and the installation may fail even if there RecoverX says it's complete.

Moreover, depending of the device, you have to hold volume +, or to tap the screen on boot. Details in the first post.

Try to go in /system/bin and tell me if there is a file called "recovery.tar".

Ps : on my device, i'm perfectly able to download unofficial cwm ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: izuall187

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
File is present in /system/bin. Already tried other button combinations. I always end in bootloop.

Will wait for the update. Thanks, dev!

;)

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
This is interesting. I reflashed stock rom again via pc comp then installed the recovery using this and was succesful. But i lost it after flashing mount fiz for tx and selected no on getting stock recovery before reboot. Same thing happened when i flash the original recovery installer before. It always happens after the mount fix.

obynio

Apr 28, 2012
/dev/null
obyn.io
Great ! The app works well. For the issue of mount fix, it's due to the unofficial custom recovery. Do you know a stable custom recovery for your device ?

Reactions: izuall187

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Well, I don't need this, but I just want to say thanks to @LEDelete, for make life easier for who need it:):good:

obynio

Apr 28, 2012
/dev/null
obyn.io

Could you tell me when the download fail ? Is it when you click on the "Let's start" button on RecoverX startup or on the "Here we go" button ?

Thanks in advance,
LEDelete

Last edited:

obynio

Apr 28, 2012
/dev/null
obyn.io
RecoverX v1.0.1 beta has been published on Google Play. The "Download failed" bug should be solved so tell me what's going on ;)

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
download worked after 3 attempts. must have been my connection. Will test update in a bit. Hit you up a report.

Download worked better. But still can't boot to recovery.

Last edited:

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
But which button did you clicked when the download failed ? "Let's start" button or "Here we go" button ?

I was able to download the recovery. It also installed correctly on the right folders in /system. But i can't reboot to recovery. Always end up in bootloop and i tried various button combinations thougj i know that it should be multiple presses on vol -. Weird though is that it reads the busybox in xbin and not in bin folder. This is in chargemon file in cache.

Attachments

• 1386839372798.jpg
    1386839372798.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 198

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
Btw i just saw update 1.0.2 so i tried it. Still no luck. Maybe it's my busybox or the folder where it should be. Want me to post chargemon.log and chargemon.log.old, dev?

XT line users. Please refer to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317432 and this will fix it.

Last edited:

izuall187

Aug 24, 2012
Cainta
Dude, i just tested the update with fresh install. Works better now for my TX! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ban.png

RecoverX - Q&A Thread​

Hello members !

Here is the Questions and Answer Thread for the RecoverX project. I've created this thread in order to help people who meets problems, bug, or who needs help for their device. So don't hesitate, I will try to help you as much as possible.

For further informations about this app, please go on the project thread (link bellow)

Enjoy ;)
    Reserved

Reserved for later use​

Depending of the device. I'm working on an update to add security steps in order to check if the recovery has been correctly installed.

Non-official custom recovery (especially for Sony devices) are not reliable and the installation may fail even if there RecoverX says it's complete.

Moreover, depending of the device, you have to hold volume +, or to tap the screen on boot. Details in the first post.

Try to go in /system/bin and tell me if there is a file called "recovery.tar".

Ps : on my device, i'm perfectly able to download unofficial cwm ;)
    Great ! The app works well. For the issue of mount fix, it's due to the unofficial custom recovery. Do you know a stable custom recovery for your device ?
    An update is available : RecoverX v1.1.1 beta

Enjoy ;)