Creating a rom based off CM(Galaxy S4), How ?

Search This thread

Diamondsupply

Aug 22, 2013
A bit of infos before starting this thread. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Canadian, I have a high end computer(maybe that helps for coding,stuff like that) and I have "medium" knowledge on rooting/flashing,etc. I am a great designer, well for myself, I think i'm good. So I can edit or create icons and themes for new rom!

I say medium, because the only thing I really know about this kind of stuff,is rooting,flashing,installing roms and pretty much that honestly.

I already downloading the Android SDK to test those custom roms i'd like to create. I thought of doing like a couple of guys on here, using the CM Source? and just adding stuff,etc.

--

What i'm looking to do, is creating a rom based of CM for the Galaxy S4 and just in general a little side project for myself and adding some infos in my head; Some may laugh because of the lack of knowledge, but hey! we all started somewhere :)

I'm asking the community of dev's or just users, do you have some threads or some stuff to download to "Start" this project ?

Some things I should read before, I won't test rom's on my phone as it's a daily phone, i'll use the emulator instead(AVD or SDK) and i'm already searching on how to run it.

If you have any useful youtube videos i'll gladly accept them :eek:

I found a tutorial on how to build a rom but for the Nexus 4, I guess it's the same process but different sources ?

I'll search for the sources of Cm for the Galaxy s4 but if anyone reads this thread and knows where to get it, please link me!

Thanks to the community, this may also be useful for other users. Thanks! :cool:

caspboy

Jan 3, 2014
Charlotte, Nc
Okay, I will help:D

1st off, let me teach you some basics.

1.) You cannot test roms on the android sdk, the android sdk has nothing to do with roms, its for building apps and java programming. It will not help you with anything if an issue goes wrong in a rom, well only the adb (android debugging bridge) for taking locats.

2.) You cannot compile a rom on windows, only linux, preferably ubuntu. So you need to just download cm11 for your device and extract the rom zip.

I will tell you more later, but its like 1pm here:D Goodnight