Horrible Wakelock

Search This thread

kmankin5344

Jul 6, 2012
I have this wakelock called diagnostics.client.wakelock that's destroying my battery. I've searched Google and here to get some more info but couldn't find anything. Anyone know of a fix?

Paulita1

Dec 11, 2013
Recently I've heard that wakelock drains battery while I am sleeping. At first I thought it was a Social App or background data running while I was asleep but today I made sure everything similar to that was not running.

Ipaqman01

Feb 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9
My GN3 phone had been doing great with battery usage until this month (use less than 20 percent per day).

To resolve the problem, I rooted my phone and backed up everything and did a factory reset.

I found that my wakelock time was less than one percent until I installed AT&T Visual Voicemail, PayPa,l BofA, and Shazam.

I have since done another reset and installed Google Voice instead. My wake time is still less than one percent now.

--------------------------

After a few days, I am seeing the horrible wakelock again. Ugh.

Last edited:

Ipaqman01

Feb 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9
After no success fixing this wakelock issue and battery drain, I got the NB4 software update OTA today and it looks like the problem is fixed.

--- Not fixed.

Last edited:

Ipaqman01

Feb 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S9
I was still having the diagnostics.client.wakelock with NB4, too. I switched to the X-Note 7 ROM and the battery drain problem was gone. During the night, I was seeing 0.2 percent per hour battery drain. That still did not tell what was wrong with NB4.

Just recently, I switched to FireNote as that is closer to AT&T stock MJ5. I started getting the same wakelocks again. Someone in the FireNote thread reported that he never gets that wakelock and that is must be an app. I went back to re-install FireNote and put a few of my testing apps on and found the wakelock again. After removing each one, I found that Active Apps widget was causing the wakelock problem. That widget is not available on X-Note 7. This is one of the first widgets I always install.

I still see occasional diagnostics.client.wakelock but not the hundreds per day as I did before.

Last edited: