Please help me save my Nexus 5!

Search This thread

psoni

Jan 25, 2014
Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks

Did you follow the tutorial? If you flashed 4.4.2 that is the latest image available. What recovery are you using? Stock I take it if you flashed the factory images? If you turn the phone completely off and then held vol down plus the power it will go to the android guy with his stomach open and this is fastboot. As long as you can get here we are ok.

If you were stock and unrooted hopefully it didn't just tank randomly...

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Hi!
Please help me !
Thanks

Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.

psoni

Jan 25, 2014
Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.

While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help