when rooting

Search This thread

honestorb

Jan 8, 2013
Appoligies if asked b4 but is late and d8nt have band with tonight to go searching If I backup b4 rooting can I restore that backup after and the device be as is now but rooted

LamboBull

Sep 23, 2012
Melbourne
Your device would still have the custom recovery/unlocked bootloader,

But you would not have Superuser access.

To gain superuser access on that backup, just flash SuperSU v1.91 in recovery.

Hit that "thanks" button.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
You can do that to some extent, but you will probably need to at least sign back into your accounts and rearrange the home screen to your liking. You can use something like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525026 (you can also do this manually with adb commands) or just one of the back up apps on the Play Store. Some are free, some are paid. Depends on how quick and easy you want the back up to go if you don't want to use the PC tool. Once you do that, then you can unlock the bootloader, root, then restore your stuff.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Appoligies if asked b4 but is late and d8nt have band with tonight to go searching If I backup b4 rooting can I restore that backup after and the device be as is now but rooted

For me Helium Backup is a very good app that backups user apps and data, can be used with and without root. Titanium Backup is also very good but it requires root.