[Q] Anyone know why this bootanimation.zip isn't working?

Search This thread

WazedH

Apr 27, 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom boot animation, for my Android mini pc but this doesn't seem to work on boot animation factory. Any help is appreciated!.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 46

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I used to make boot animations back in the day, but it has been a bit, so might be a bit rusty. However, I am pretty sure your issue is that you have the Part 0 folder nestled in another folder called Part 0. Remove one of them and try again.

pigstew

Oct 24, 2012
Sydney
Just make sure the bootanimation.zip is being placed where the system is actually storing the zip. With htc you had to manually change the default directory the app was saving to as it was different to Samsung and stock android location.

Sent from my Oppo Find 7

WazedH

Apr 27, 2014
I used to make boot animations back in the day, but it has been a bit, so might be a bit rusty. However, I am pretty sure your issue is that you have the Part 0 folder nestled in another folder called Part 0. Remove one of them and try again.

WOW can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

EDIT: Still doesn't work, says index is out of range

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Where are you seeing the index out of range comment? Only info I could find on that was from a program called Boot Animation Factory and the dev suggested it was an issue with AMD processors for some reason. Not sure if it is applicable for you, just throwing it out there.

WazedH

Apr 27, 2014
Where are you seeing the index out of range comment? Only info I could find on that was from a program called Boot Animation Factory and the dev suggested it was an issue with AMD processors for some reason. Not sure if it is applicable for you, just throwing it out there.

Just tried it with boot box and it works fine but it shows blank when booting.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

Could be an issue with the desc.txt or too many images.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Are you compressing the file at all? Pretty certain that it has to be zipped with NO compression. That or the desc.txt isn't quite right. Or the naming of the files is not correct.