[Q] Stock samsung email.apk on custom ROM 4.4.2

Search This thread

fedehrv

Mar 11, 2014
Hello everyone,
I'm new on the forum, i just started using my i9100 with custom ROMs, i tried CM10 once but i didn't like it so i went back to stock JB.
Now when i saw that KitKat was available i just said "why don't i give it a try", so i installed omniROM 4.4.2. So far so good, but what i really miss from the stock samsung ROM is the peak/off-peak schedule for default email application.
I use my corporate email account with the default email app (company policy), but in omniROM there is no schedule option like in the latest stock rom for my phone.
So i thought, well lets look for another stock rom for a samsung phone that has 4.4.2 and take the Email.apk and move it to mine. So i downloaded the stock S4 ROM 4.4.2 and i see that there is no Email.apk but SecEmail.apk, i tried to use that file but it doesn't work (copied on recovery mode), i know that i'm doing it right because i tried before with other versions trying to fix that exchange "cannot connect" bug of kitkat.

So my question is this: is there a way to get "peak/off-peak schedule" feature? where i can get the Email.apk that will do that? or what is different with that secEmail.apk that it doesn't work?

Thanks, and sorry if someone asked this before, i searched everywere but didn't find an answer, i don't know why people doesn't ask "where that feature go? or how can i get it back in non stock roms", i find it one of the most useful features, in fact the first time i went back to stock from CM10, that was the reason why.

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Hello everyone,
I'm new on the forum, i just started using my i9100 with custom ROMs, i tried CM10 once but i didn't like it so i went back to stock JB.
Now when i saw that KitKat was available i just said "why don't i give it a try", so i installed omniROM 4.4.2. So far so good, but what i really miss from the stock samsung ROM is the peak/off-peak schedule for default email application.
I use my corporate email account with the default email app (company policy), but in omniROM there is no schedule option like in the latest stock rom for my phone.
So i thought, well lets look for another stock rom for a samsung phone that has 4.4.2 and take the Email.apk and move it to mine. So i downloaded the stock S4 ROM 4.4.2 and i see that there is no Email.apk but SecEmail.apk, i tried to use that file but it doesn't work (copied on recovery mode), i know that i'm doing it right because i tried before with other versions trying to fix that exchange "cannot connect" bug of kitkat.

So my question is this: is there a way to get "peak/off-peak schedule" feature? where i can get the Email.apk that will do that? or what is different with that secEmail.apk that it doesn't work?

Thanks, and sorry if someone asked this before, i searched everywere but didn't find an answer, i don't know why people doesn't ask "where that feature go? or how can i get it back in non stock roms", i find it one of the most useful features, in fact the first time i went back to stock from CM10, that was the reason why.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/deve...om-revolution-rom-ux-2014-build-1-12-t2607749 you can get it from here

janumix

Apr 10, 2007
yeah its jb rom there is a link for the stock email app in it ,will work kitkat roms!dont use the rom use app

I tried this (installed via CWM on CM11), no luck.I found SecEmail.apk and SecExchange.apk in /system/app but Email do not appear in app tray. Should I remove standard CM Email.apk and Exchange2.apk ?

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
^+1....the above is good advice, there are loads of email apps on playstore......
But as for installing the stock email app on a CM rom.....it ain't ever gonna work.......
This is because the stock email app is a 'system' app, and sysrem apps need the touchwiz framework to function. This framework is (obviously) excluded from CM roms........

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

janumix

Apr 10, 2007
^+1....the above is good advice, there are loads of email apps on playstore......
But as for installing the stock email app on a CM rom.....it ain't ever gonna work.......
This is because the stock email app is a 'system' app, and sysrem apps need the touchwiz framework to function. This framework is (obviously) excluded from CM roms........

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right :):D

Indeed but not so many that correctly works in corporate environment (M$ Exchange). In fact Samsung did quite good job extending his Email.apk with some features that others miss like:
- S/MIME support
- setup of Exchange auto responder (server side)
- folders browser
etc.
BTW can you advice one with such features ?
@bhavstech
so, your first answer gave me point worth to check ...

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Indeed but not so many that correctly works in corporate environment (M$ Exchange). In fact Samsung did quite good job extending his Email.apk with some features that others miss like:
- S/MIME support
- setup of Exchange auto responder (server side)
- folders browser
etc.
BTW can you advice one with such features ?

@bhavstech
so, your first answer gave me point worth to check ...

actuaaly idk wy i told you to do that actually i was a noob at that time stock appk dont work on cm you need to be on stock rom for that, i dont mail much i dont know about email apps on playstore.