[Q] Cannot create rom slot 1

Search This thread

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
On 4.4.2 and the 3.72 safestrap when I try to create a rom slot 1 it either halngs about half way, or when I try to install on it It fails to mount system... any ideas?

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
ok I am an idiot, please ignore this... and if you are in my boat, well it is stated in the thread for safestrap that slots are not supported :/

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Oh i got them to create and even install sometimes, but when you try to boot into them you get a "no system" eoror

If you look at the message when you're try to create the slots you'll probably see it saying "unable to mount system" which means it did not create the system partition. You should see the same thing when you try installing the ROM as well. That's why your getting the "no system" error.

comweasel

Sep 27, 2010
Grand Island, Nebraska
From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.

Reactions: airmaxx23

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.

Thanks for the info, this actually worked for me and I'm now able to create slots again. Off Topic but how have you been a member for almost 4 years and only have 3 posts? lol..

comweasel

Sep 27, 2010
Grand Island, Nebraska
LOL... I joined to root my old Moto Razr when they came back and then I completely for got about this site since I was not into doing custom roms on it. Then I found this again when I got my N3. LOL wish I could just say I am lazy.

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Ive been able to create slots and install roms on 4.4.2 kitkat I know ot says you cant but ive been able to get stock and slot 1-2 to work

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So your slot 1 and 2 booted? I was able to create a slot and install a rom, but when I boot into it, it just hangs at black screen. I have to pull the battery to get back to recovery to select main slot. Would be really nice to get a fully working safestrap for KK.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
So your slot 1 and 2 booted? I was able to create a slot and install a rom, but when I boot into it, it just hangs at black screen. I have to pull the battery to get back to recovery to select main slot. Would be really nice to get a fully working safestrap for KK.

Mine boot fine also, are you sure the slots are being created? Are you seeing an "unable to mount system" message when you flash the ROM?

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Mine boot fine also, are you sure the slots are being created? Are you seeing an "unable to mount system" message when you flash the ROM?

I never noticed any errors? I tried it a couple times but no joy. I can try again and see if I get any errors. Will report results later. I do know that the dev has stated that 3.72 beta was not capable of installing multiple rom slots, but have heard others with success, so not sure if it is just by chance the few have gotten this to work or what.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I never noticed any errors? I tried it a couple times but no joy. I can try again and see if I get any errors. Will report results later. I do know that the dev has stated that 3.72 beta was not capable of installing multiple rom slots, but have heard others with success, so not sure if it is just by chance the few have gotten this to work or what.

Also, if it can't mount the system your ROM slots will not be created properly. You can tell if they didn't work by looking at the size of the system partition after creating the slot, if it didn't work it will say 0 (zero). As someone else suggested, if you increase the partition sizes (even by the smallest increment possible) they will get created and work. The only thing I've noticed is that rebooting does not work and requires a battery pull.

Hopefully this helps you.

Reactions: strider5236

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Also, if it can't mount the system your ROM slots will not be created properly. You can tell if they didn't work by looking at the size of the system partition after creating the slot, if it didn't work it will say 0 (zero). As someone else suggested, if you increase the partition sizes (even by the smallest increment possible) they will get created and work. The only thing I've noticed is that rebooting does not work and requires a battery pull.

Sounds good. I would not have thought of increasing the size to force it to take. Not sure what it read after creating as I did not notice. But I will check that as well. Thanks for the advice. Now I have something to play around with this afternoon.:good:

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Please post back and let us know how it went.

Saweeeeet!!! Total success. I wiped the slot and re created it with uping each of the three partitions by one bump. That did not work as the partition size said 0 space available. So I wiped again and just bumped the first two up. That time it took and showed the partition at correct size. I installed Hyperdrive on it and it installed and booted just fine.:good:

Thanks again for the help. Totally stoked that I can test out other roms again without wiping the main slot.

Reactions: airmaxx23

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Saweeeeet!!! Total success. I wiped the slot and re created it with uping each of the three partitions by one bump. That did not work as the partition size said 0 space available. So I wiped again and just bumped the first two up. That time it took and showed the partition at correct size. I installed Hyperdrive on it and it installed and booted just fine.:good:

Thanks again for the help. Totally stoked that I can test out other roms again without wiping the main slot.

Great, I'm glad it worked for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sounds good. I would not have thought of increasing the size to force it to take. Not sure what it read after creating as I did not notice. But I will check that as well. Thanks for the advice. Now I have something to play around with this afternoon.:good: