[Q] xt1058 automatically power up when plugged to my laptop?

Search This thread

yghrv

Jul 3, 2012
hi folks,

I found my xt1058 will automatically power up when plugged to my laptop. but when plugged to the charger, it will not. Is that normal?

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Yes it is. Others have asked the same question and got the same answer.

I see the same on my X. When off and plugged into wall charger, it stays off. When off and I plug it into PC's USB port it turns on.

yghrv

Jul 3, 2012
Yes it is. Others have asked the same question and got the same answer.

I see the same on my X. When off and plugged into wall charger, it stays off. When off and I plug it into PC's USB port it turns on.

dont like the auto power up behavier. any idea how to disable it?

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
No. that is not something I've looked into as I rarely plug my phone into the PC.

With usb 2.0 having a max output of 550mA @ 5V, *IF* the X can charge this way, it would be really really slow. So the only time I connect my X to my PC is when I'm using mfastboot, or adding new music onto my phone.

I use 1A and 1.5A wall chargers for power.

Reactions: yghrv

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. that is not something I've looked into as I rarely plug my phone into the PC.

With usb 2.0 having a max output of 550mA @ 5V, *IF* the X can charge this way, it would be really really slow. So the only time I connect my X to my PC is when I'm using mfastboot, or adding new music onto my phone.

I use 1A and 1.5A wall chargers for power.