SD card problem

Search This thread

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
What are you trying to do with the card? it might be that you just are not aware with how Android Kitkat treats the sd card slot?

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Probably......only File Manager can write or delete files on my sd card, Xplore or a different Manager can't, is it normal in KitKat?

Apps can only write and edit files that they themselves created on the SD card which is why third party apps are not working. It is to stop rouge apps deleting / creating / modifying files that they shouldn't be.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Probably......only File Manager can write or delete files on my sd card, Xplore or a different Manager can't, is it normal in KitKat?

With files you mean system files or files created by you? You should be able to delete or move files with an alternative file explorer or you might try gaining root (towel root is easiest) to gain admin rights.

htc6500uk

Apr 23, 2009
West Midlands - UK
Many 'newbie experts' who say that an 8 or 16GB phone is fine as you can move apps etc. to an SD card are finding out the hard way that KitKat restrictions prevent using the card the same way as it used to be in older Android versions unless the device is rooted.

Sent from my SM-9500N using Tapatalk Pro.

If you find my post useful, a click on the 'thanks' is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyPhoneMyRules
Anyone having problems with sd card on LG G3?

I have been having the random removals of the sdcard. I have a 64gb ultra I card and it worked perfectly in the samsung i had before this. I have taken everything off it and reformatted with eh LG G3 and it still randomly removes the card. I have purchased another 64gb card and does the same thing.

Any ideas of a fix?

No rooted (yet) but i can if it will fix the issue.
currently running stock everything,

JustLok

Jan 28, 2010
I have been having the random removals of the sdcard. I have a 64gb ultra I card and it worked perfectly in the samsung i had before this. I have taken everything off it and reformatted with eh LG G3 and it still randomly removes the card. I have purchased another 64gb card and does the same thing.

Any ideas of a fix?

No rooted (yet) but i can if it will fix the issue.
currently running stock everything,

Someone else had the same problem and they did an equipment swap and the new G3 didn't have the problem.

So it might be the SD card slot itself or its interface and a exchange might be neccessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many 'newbie experts' who say that an 8 or 16GB phone is fine as you can move apps etc. to an SD card are finding out the hard way that KitKat restrictions prevent using the card the same way as it used to be in older Android versions unless the device is rooted.

Sent from my SM-9500N using Tapatalk Pro.

If you find my post useful, a click on the 'thanks' is appreciated.