Printing from the Galaxy Note

Search This thread

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
Has anyone tried printing directly from the Galaxy Note to a Samsung WI-FI printer using the Samsung Mobile Print application for I need to print aircraft boarding passes and emails? If so, which Samsung model printer did you use?

Many Thanks

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
I'm using Printer Share. Works perfect with my HP LaserJet 1200.

Thanks for your reply. But I thought you needed to have an Internet connection to use Printer Share. Can you print directly to the HP LaserJet 1200 printer from the Galaxy Note without involving networking?

Last edited:

anonymous572

Jun 15, 2011
Mstislavl
No need for internet connection, works via wifi, with usb connected and shared on Windows 7 (computer and Note connected in the same router). Should work with all network shared printers.

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
No need for internet connection, works via wifi, with usb connected and shared on Windows 7 (computer and Note connected in the same router). Should work with all network shared printers.

Thanks for more information. However, I want to print directly from the Note to a printer with no other hardware involved. That is why I am looking at the Samsung solution, but I would like to hear from anyone who has managed it before I buy a Samsung wireless printer.

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
I have a Wifi printer: EPSON Stylus Office BX30FW.
This weekend a friend tested to print on it under ANDROID (It was not a Note) and It works!

There is a free app from EPSON . It works with Ios and Android. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you can browse it if interested.

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
I have a Wifi printer: EPSON Stylus Office BX30FW.
This weekend a friend tested to print on it under ANDROID (It was not a Note) and It works!

There is a free app from EPSON . It works with Ios and Android. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you can browse it if interested.

Thanks for that useful information. It is good to know that other printer manufacturers are supporting Android.

Last edited:

Skerved

Dec 28, 2009

heelerdog

Dec 15, 2010
Printing with Galaxy Note

I think what the OP is referring to is being able to print directly from the s memo or s note app... without having to export.

You can select print from the menu within s note/memo however it seems to only see Samsung printers.

Surely someone is working on a hack for this so we can print from any WiFi printer?

Thanks in Advance,

Dan.

Note_E

Aug 4, 2011
Depending on your printer manufacturer they may have a standalone app. However I use Cloud Print now through Google which allows me to print anything from my phone to home printer without a pc connected

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pauloslf.cloudprint

Last edited:

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Epson or HP

Hello, I have a Mac, a PC, iPad and Galaxy Note. I am considering to buy a AIO multi-function printer from Epson or HP. Which brand is better supported in terms of compatibility with the Galaxy Note? Ideally, I want to be able to scan directly from the AIO device to the Note and print directly from the Note to the printer. The ability to print duplex and fax is a plus.

Johev

Aug 23, 2009
Brussels
Hello, I have a Mac, a PC, iPad and Galaxy Note. I am considering to buy a AIO multi-function printer from Epson or HP. Which brand is better supported in terms of compatibility with the Galaxy Note? Ideally, I want to be able to scan directly from the AIO device to the Note and print directly from the Note to the printer. The ability to print duplex and fax is a plus.

Good question, I have a A910g HP also known as 8500A plus, but never tried what you are asking for.

I will test the applications on play store during this weekend, and I will let you know if I am able to preform what you have asked for.

As for Epson printers you will have to ask someone else :)

Note_E

Aug 4, 2011

I have a Brother AIO that has a great app that can do what you want. Or look for a Google Print enabled printer (HP makes some) and use the app I linked above Cloud Print.

Brother solution requires being on the same network. Cloud Print does not require being on the same network. Basically Google Print enabled printers have a built in print server

I am in the print industry and sell the Kyocera brand. Kyocera also has a fantastic app for both Android and iOS

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
I do print quite a few docs from my note.
I use printer share app which was free longtime ago in amazon app store. One of the must have and best app in its category.
Even at times when my pc/mac fails to see my printer, this works well.

Ps: I have brother hl- 2270dw.

@Galaxy Note™…

NiceMrMustard

Feb 21, 2011
Paris
Resurrecting this thread to share my experience with the Samsung app which I used to print to a CLP- 320 (a Samsung laser printer) which is shared on a Linux machine. I never managed to get it to see the samba share but I was rather surprised to see that it supported IPP which was readily recognised.
Unfortunately the printed document mangled every non ASCII character (and I'm not too sure about the fonts but those are always complicated to handle in office documents). The charset problem however came as a bit of a surprise. I thought those things were behind us nowadays and that a 16 bit charset was the norm...

Anyway I'm now looking for a new printing mechanism. I'll look into Google's cloud print thingy.

-- Sent from my phone using technological wizardry with the help of some kind of app

Reactions: hajime_android

pean74

Jul 8, 2010
I have a Samsung printer and use it to print directly from my Note. Both from the special printer app and the Stock browser. Both works really well!

Skickat från min GT-N7000 via Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrecting this thread to share my experience with the Samsung app which I used to print to a CLP- 320 (a Samsung laser printer) which is shared on a Linux machine. I never managed to get it to see the samba share but I was rather surprised to see that it supported IPP which was readily recognised.
    Unfortunately the printed document mangled every non ASCII character (and I'm not too sure about the fonts but those are always complicated to handle in office documents). The charset problem however came as a bit of a surprise. I thought those things were behind us nowadays and that a 16 bit charset was the norm...

Anyway I'm now looking for a new printing mechanism. I'll look into Google's cloud print thingy.

-- Sent from my phone using technological wizardry with the help of some kind of app