Possible Unlock For SGH-T999L?

Search This thread
Mar 3, 2014
After scouring the net for the last week or so to find a method of unlocking the SGH-T999L without either purchasing a box or an unlock code from a shady eBay dealer, I stumbled across an app that seems like I might do the job.

RegionLockAway by Chainfire seems to remove the network lock on this specific model, despite being designed for the Galaxy Note 3.

(original thread) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470551

Now, I've tried this on my phone, and as I said before, it seems to have removed the network lock on my SGH-T999L, but only partially. I am no longer bothered for an unlock code when booting the phone with an AT&T or MetroPCS SIM card inserted, and my account details assigned to the SIM cards are displayed under my phone's settings. The issue is that I cannot seem to connect to any networks.

I don't know if this will lead to anything, but I just felt like sharing this little tidbit of information with you guys. If anyone else would like to try this out and post results, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the community. Hopefully this gets us one step closer to unlocking this bastard of a phone with minimal effort.

P.S. If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it, and I apologize.

917c568f3fc10766c548f0c43382eec5.png

47c9fc51334974bdfbb07f72b6a9e2b7.png

NexusS4gFreak

Sep 13, 2011
Riverdale,GA
After scouring the net for the last week or so to find a method of unlocking the SGH-T999L without either purchasing a box or an unlock code from a shady eBay dealer, I stumbled across an app that seems like I might do the job.

RegionLockAway by Chainfire seems to remove the network lock on this specific model, despite being designed for the Galaxy Note 3.

Now, I've tried this on my phone, and as I said before, it seems to have removed the network lock on my SGH-T999L, but only partially. I am no longer bothered for an unlock code when booting the phone with an AT&T or MetroPCS SIM card inserted, and my account details assigned to the SIM cards are displayed under my phone's settings. The issue is that I cannot seem to connect to any networks.

I don't know if this will lead to anything, but I just felt like sharing this little tidbit of information with you guys. If anyone else would like to try this out and post results, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the community. Hopefully this gets us one step closer to unlocking this bastard of a phone with minimal effort.

Tried changing ur apn settings?

Reactions: chrisram88

enveous

Feb 15, 2010
Caguas
I'm very interested in this, and the APN might just be what he needs, please post results whenever you have them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tried changing ur apn settings?