[Q] Soft-bricked Overnight (SinLessROM GPe 3.5.5 ART)

Search This thread

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
I've been running the sinless rom (art) for a long time and it's been fantastic for the most part. However, when I woke up this morning, my phone was slow to wake up and very laggy for a couple seconds before rebooting into a boot loop. I am able to get back into TWRP, but I no longer have access to internal storage as TWRP reports that it is unable to mount '/data'. Currently, I can use adb while in TWRP, but not while in fastboot usb mode (fastboot command still works). I'm hoping to be able to regain access to the internal storage without formatting. Anyone know how I can fix this?

bill3508

May 23, 2011
This has happened to a couple folks myself included. Mine did it on Vanir and it fixed itself with multiple reboots and that I had some ROMs saved on the external SD.

HTC One M8 powered by SinLess Audiophile v3.5.5/Elite Lunar 3.4.0

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
This has happened to a couple folks myself included. Mine did it on Vanir and it fixed itself with multiple reboots and that I had some ROMs saved on the external SD.

HTC One M8 powered by SinLess Audiophile v3.5.5/Elite Lunar 3.4.0

Thanks for posting. I have actually tried wiping the cache and re-flashing the ROM, but I still can't seem to get out of the boot loop. I'll just keep rebooting and hope it fixes itself for now.

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for posting. I have actually tried wiping the cache and re-flashing the ROM, but I still can't seem to get out of the boot loop. I'll just keep rebooting and hope it fixes itself for now.

I've rebooted it many, many times now and it's still a no go. Does anyone know what else I could try?

bill3508

May 23, 2011
When you go to recovery and mount it shows 0 memory right. If you click on the storage line is anything selected? I was trying to remember how mine screwed up.

HTC One M8 powered by SinLess Audiophile v3.5.5 Art/Elite Lunar 3.4.0

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
When you go to recovery and mount it shows 0 memory right. If you click on the storage line is anything selected? I was trying to remember how mine screwed up.

Yeah, that's correct. It shows 0 memory. Clicking on the storage line gives options for internal storage, micro sd, and usb-otg. They all show 0 MB.

bill3508

May 23, 2011
If you go into the file explorer section will ext SD contents show up?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I got this from a g2 thread. Lots of problems like this with twrp. Never had this crap with cwm.

1.You have to first get the new android sdk.*
2. Then launch a command prompt where the adb sideload program is located. I believe it's \SDK\platform-tools.
3. Place the rom (Zip file) in that same folder as step 2.
4. Boot into TWRP recovery.
5. Select ADB Sideload from Advanced > ADB Sideload.
6. In the command prompt launched from step 2, type in command "adb sideload filename.zip". The "filename.zip" will be changed to the name of your rom, which is located in the same folder as the adb sideload program. You can have a different path, but this makes things easier.
7. The rom should now be transferring to your phone.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1LVOKgwQM

Second half is in English.

I can't verify all this will work so use caution. But it fixed the same problem on the their device.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

You may have tried that already since you mentioned adb above.

Reactions: pfshr

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I got this from a g2 thread. Lots of problems like this with twrp. Never had this crap with cwm.

2. Then launch a command prompt where the adb sideload program is located. I believe it's \SDK\platform-tools.
6. In the command prompt launched from step 2, type in command "adb sideload filename.zip". The "filename.zip" will be changed to the name of your rom, which is located in the same folder as the adb sideload program. You can have a different path, but this makes things easier.

I can't verify all this will work so use caution. But it fixed the same problem on the their device.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I did flash the rom using usb-otg before, but I tried doing it this way too and I'm still having the same issue. You think changing the recovery to cwm and re-flashing again might work?

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Did you already try reflashing twrp? Your problem seems worse than mine as I could still see my ext SD and was able to flash something from there. But it took multiple flashes and I was in panic mode the whole time.

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
Did you already try reflashing twrp? Your problem seems worse than mine as I could still see my ext SD and was able to flash something from there. But it took multiple flashes and I was in panic mode the whole time.

Yeah I actually tried that fairly early one and it didn't help. I tried flashing philz touch over the twrp with fastboot too and I'm still stuck with twrp.

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
Just tried wiping everything (cache, dalvik, system, data) and that failed in twrp. Also tried fastboot oem rebootRUU and that just put me in a boot loop.

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
It seems like I no matter what I format, flash, reset, etc. I can't change anything in the phones memory. Even tried flashing stock RUU and it still did not change anything, not even the recovery. Could this be a memory hardware issue?

Last edited:

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
So I've continued to try some things including locking / unlocking the bootloader, changing cid, etc. and I've determined that absolutely nothing in the phone's memory can be overwritten or changed in anyway. After some research, I'm fairly confident this is the result of a nand failure. Does anyone know how I should go about getting this repaired?

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Hey bud post this in the general outside verizon HTC one m8 section so you might get more help. Not sure why your not getting more replies. Wish I could help more but i just don't have the skill set.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Try doing 'Format Data' in TWRP. That has solved many of mine and others problems when getting things similar if not exactly like your problem.

After doing that check to see if your internal storage size has went back to normal and if not then attempt to use Advanced Wipe and format the /data, /cache, /system & boot partitions. Afterwards if this succeeds and you want to attempt flashing a ROM try using Cyanogenmod, I recently helped someone with a problem similar to this and the only ROM that really did the trick for him was it but you can try another if you like.

Oh and just to try to cut some of the stress off of you, what I say and what many others say, "As long as it powers on it's fixable". I'm quite confident you'll get this fixed soon, so don't stress it.

Last edited:

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
Try doing 'Format Data' in TWRP. That has solved many of mine and others problems when getting things similar if not exactly like your problem.

After doing that check to see if your internal storage size has went back to normal and if not then attempt to use Advanced Wipe and format the /data, /cache, /system & boot partitions. Afterwards if this succeeds and you want to attempt flashing a ROM try using Cyanogenmod, I recently helped someone with a problem similar to this and the only ROM that really did the trick for him was it but you can try another if you like.

Oh and just to try to cut some of the stress off of you, what I say and what many others say, "As long as it powers on it's fixable". I'm quite confident you'll get this fixed soon, so don't stress it.

I've tried every type of format already and they all either fail or incorrectly report that they succeeded. I've also used dd to manually write to memory, but when I read it back with dd, it is unchanged. I appreciate your help though.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I've tried every type of format already and they all either fail or incorrectly report that they succeeded. I've also used dd to manually write to memory, but when I read it back with dd, it is unchanged. I appreciate your help though.

Ok after re-reading this entire thread a few times it finally hit me that you successfully flashed an RUU and it did not do anything? Are you sure you got the right RUU? Not a dud or fake one? Also has your /data mounted yet or are you still unable to mount it?

bill3508

May 23, 2011
There's guys on the general m8 forums that can produce this problem at will and get out of it easily.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
Ok after re-reading this entire thread a few times it finally hit me that you successfully flashed an RUU and it did not do anything? Are you sure you got the right RUU? Not a dud or fake one? Also has your /data mounted yet or are you still unable to mount it?

I got the RUU from this thread. And, yeah I still can't mount data or change anything. I'll try posting this issue on the general m8 forums.

pfshr

Aug 26, 2014
There's guys on the general m8 forums that can produce this problem at will and get out of it easily.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
I requested that this thread be moved there, but the mods decided against it since it's already in the correct location as per the forum rules. Are you referring to a specific thread in that forum or do you know of someone there who is familiar with this issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP1LVOKgwQM