2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF build Stock ROM FIXED DATA [10/27]

Search This thread

pzztgotbagz

Nov 11, 2006
Ive yet to have the silent call issue or the random reboots. But the steps ive taken below probably have insured i wont

Day 1 recieved phone power on let provision. Then Master Reset.

Did first mr1 update let provision then master reset

Did Second mr3 update Let provision then master reset

Did final CM5 update let provision then master reset.

rooted the device then rebooted

If you see a trend here it is in fact that i have master reset via the method below after every update and when i first go the device. I do this with all devices to insure that the install is clean and doesnt have any remrants of settings changes or issues that may have been from a previous install. Best method to master reset is as below. This was taken from the Motorola Phone support forum.

How to factory reset:

PHOTON 4G - Master Reset / Factory Data Reset

How do I reset my phone to factory settings?

Perform a factory reset using external keys. Making a mistake using the factory reset using external key method could have very bad consequences.If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:

1.Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button

2.Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Vol up key

3.Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4

4.Press both Vol up and Vol down key simultaneously. A menu will come up

5.Tap on Vol down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power key. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Vol down key until coming to Yes and tap Power key

6.After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power key

7.Phone will reboot to initial setup screen

Reactions: LouieGrandie

LouieGrandie

Aug 14, 2011
pzztgotbagz, thanks for the post. Good to know. Here are some facts about my no audio issue.

1. Have installed the MR5 but have not followed your steps.
2. Have set the network to Sprint Only.
3. Have installed APP Cache Clearer and set to one hour clear.
4. Have installed Juice Defender.
5. I have some market purchases such as LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets. What happens to them when I do a factory reset?
6. I have moved most of my installed apps to the SD card. What happens to them and will this cause a conflict if I do a factory reset?
7. On my no audio calls since the very beginning they have all come when on Bluetooth in my 2007 Infiniti G35. Cannot hear the call and cannot make a call. If I restart the phone it is fine. Note that by chance most of my calls lately seem to come when I am in my car so I do not have a lot of non-car calls to compare it to.

tbhausen

Feb 15, 2006
FYI: Expect Temporary Market Issues After Update

A quick "FYI" here... I installed the leaked update from XDA developers and a few protected apps aren't showing up in the Market now (and won't, until Motorola sends the ROM "fingerprint" to Google and they approve it). These apps which have gone missing can be seen to be flagged as "incompatible with MB855" via Market on web. Here's a thread with with details (different phone there, same principle):

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...3eba9a1b&hl=en

Once the ROM update goes live, I suspect this issue will resolve itself.

If you hard-reset your phone after the update (usually recommended) you'll lose the apps--if you don't, you'll keep them.

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
Received the official ota update yesterday 45.2.5 but keep getting update failed.. the other update did not fix the speaker issue

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App

currambero

Nov 23, 2007
I can confirm that they are beginning to push the official OTA. I received a replacement MoPho yesterday in the mail and still have the old MoPho since I haven't received the Return Kit to ship it back to Sprint.

I was erasing all the info on the old MoPho, I decided to connect to my WiFi connection and see if there were any updates, I pressed update the Motorola Software and BEHOLD it said there was an update available! It is now updated to:

Build 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5
System Version 45.2.5MB855.Sprint.en.US
Baseband Version n_01.28.05s.fk

Now my NEW MoPho, still hasn't received the update.... let's see what happens!

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
I can confirm that they are beginning to push the official OTA. I received a replacement MoPho yesterday in the mail and still have the old MoPho since I haven't received the Return Kit to ship it back to Sprint.

I was erasing all the info on the old MoPho, I decided to connect to my WiFi connection and see if there were any updates, I pressed update the Motorola Software and BEHOLD it said there was an update available! It is now updated to:

Build 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

Was your old Photon rooted before the update?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011

Build 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

This is very good news! (crossing fingers)

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
So I've tried updating the ota over 3g and wifi.. device goes into boatloader.. progress bar gets halfway then the famous android with a explanation point and phone reboots saying software update failed.. iam rooted using the non HD dock process if that helps..

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007

Build 4.5.1A-1_SUN-154_5

You do notice the updated build is exactly the same as the release i put out last week in this very thread right?

currambero

Nov 23, 2007
So did it fix the no audio bug?

Ok, so it's been just over 12 hrs since the update and so far it has not done it, considering that after the initial activation it only took 4 hours for the audio problem to begin... so, so far, so good... keep your fingers cross.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Reactions: k425

k425

Aug 13, 2011
Ok, so it's been just over 12 hrs since the update and so far it has not done it, considering that after the initial activation it only took 4 hours for the audio problem to begin... so, so far, so good... keep your fingers cross.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed for you... and all the rest of the Photon users with this no audio bug! :)

roseng

Aug 15, 2011
LA, CA
I was having some minor issues including occasional problems entering text in SMS as well as missed calls and occasional auto-reboot.

Upgraded to MR3 last night. Followed the PDF and had no issues. Took about 45 minutes for the entire process. I called and got my MSL but did not need it. It just did everything automatically OTA.

This is a good device but we are definitely early in the curve and it is a bit painful. Hopefully this will help.

My BB Tour 9650 takes at least 12 minutes to boot and crashes on it's own, so this is a pleasure by comparison.

Had an XPRT and returned it after 2 days, a total POS. Photon is so much better.

Great forum!
Great help!
Great people!

Thanks!

Update,

After installing MR3 I began having a series of random reboots during the day. It occurs to me that the issue may be the various app and not the phone. I have wiped the phone and am starting over with just my email (enhanced Email) app for now. Nothing else but that and the stock apps. I'll give it the weekend and see if the rebooting stops.
:confused:

Top Liked Posts