The Positive Transformer Prime Thread

Search This thread

hyrulejedi86

Dec 19, 2011
Columbus
So, I've seen lots of posts with complaints or concerns about the prime but let's have a thread to share our positives about it. If all we see are the negatives or the couple of bad tablets no one will want one. Sooooooo, I'd like to hear what you guys who do have it like about it, what did Asus do RIGHT?

Please share your thoughts! :cool:

UPDATE:
Include the model and color in your posts please!:)

Last edited:

calin75

Mar 6, 2008
Miami
I like how snappy is. It does not lag like the xoom or the tab. I'm very happy with it. I also noticed that battery life is longer than the tab. Gotta love that fifth core.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using XDA premium.

markimar

Apr 18, 2009
No more checkerboard display on web browsing, no typing lag in web. Snappier than the originali love mine. Sound is better than tf just wish it had two speakers. Great battery life. Can't wait for ics and optimized programs! Wouldn't trade it in for anything else!

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
Everything works great on mine.Went into maps & it instantly locked on to me.Web browsing is a breeze. Love that I can play full HD on YouTube. I love the haptic feedback too.Reminds of the old galaxy tab with that option lol.This baby makes my XOOM look bad.I love it.Also mine has no light bleed.

rsjyns

Apr 8, 2011
Love my Prime! GPS and Wifi work fine, ULTRA snappy, looks/feels good. Had it out at my wife's family Christmas and it was THE topic of conversation.

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
i love how thin it is, how it feels in hand, the screen, how snappy it is in general (especially since it's still running HC), the camera is quite decent, and i really like the small touches asus added to HC to make it more useable.

i'll love it even more if asus delivers us ICS in a few weeks. :)

hyrulejedi86

Dec 19, 2011
Columbus
Excellent, keep 'em coming! This is what I wanted to hear. It's nice to know that it does deliver!

Love my Prime! GPS and Wifi work fine, ULTRA snappy, looks/feels good. Had it out at my wife's family Christmas and it was THE topic of conversation.
That had to of been fun showing it off, hearing the OOOOs and Ahhhhhs. As soon as I get my 64GB I will do the same!

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008
Its super thin, super sexy, and the sound quality out of the speaker is downright amazing.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

I've gotta say, I can't fathom how so many people can have so many different opinions of the Prime's speaker. To some it's terrible, tinny, low-volume, etc. To others it's amazing, full, full of base, and loud.

Is it that peoples' expectations are so difference, are they listening to different sources, or is there some variation in hardware that's causing this discrepancy?

I might have two Primes to compare to each other this week (supposed to be getting one from both Best Buy and Abt), and if I do I'll be sure to compare them side by side to see if they're different. Because this is driving me batty...

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
I've gotta say, I can't fathom how so many people can have so many different opinions of the Prime's speaker. To some it's terrible, tinny, low-volume, etc. To others it's amazing, full, full of base, and loud.

Is it that peoples' expectations are so difference, are they listening to different sources, or is there some variation in hardware that's causing this discrepancy?

I might have two Primes to compare to each other this week (supposed to be getting one from both Best Buy and Abt), and if I do I'll be sure to compare them side by side to see if they're different. Because this is driving me batty...

I think some people are just using poor quality songs to test out the speaker. I used a 320kbps mp3 streamed over wifi from Google music, and it sounded amazing. The speaker hit the high notes and even the low ones. I tested it out with dubstep, too, so I was really testing all the ranges the speaker could hit when I tested it. No distortion of any kind, and the bass was easily heard (but sadly not felt, lol).

original G

Dec 13, 2010
I played with one at my local gamestop and loved it. It felt and looked top notch and got my wife's approval as well. Just playing shadowgun was enough to convince me. Scrolling was great and much better than my modded VS Gtab. I get mine on wednesday and hope i don't have some of the manufacturing problems (Screen bleeds and no starts) that some are having. If i don't i know i will love it!

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
More than very impressed with my device. I can clearly see why reviewers said this is the best/most powerful tablet out now. I would reccomend it to anyone in an instant! haven't been able to set it down yet. plus I'm loving this thumb keyboard. makes typing very easy n the skins for it look great. slideIt is good also but as soon as I got this thumb keyboard, it was a wrap. this is a must have for any tablet. I'm sure writers, bloggers, students, etc...will love the ease of use and speed typing with thumb keyboard.

jdbaker82

Dec 21, 2011

I agree with you here I feel like most things should get much louder then they do especially notice if you play youtube videos some do not get very loud at all with volume at max... seems to be max volume is really 40-50% and you should be able to turn it up another 50% but its just not there.

hyrulejedi86

Dec 19, 2011
Columbus
I agree with you here I feel like most things should get much louder then they do especially notice if you play youtube videos some do not get very loud at all with volume at max... seems to be max volume is really 40-50% and you should be able to turn it up another 50% but its just not there.

I've noticed that on my phone and even on my computer. It seems sometimes it's youtube that has that problem.

hyrulejedi86

Dec 19, 2011
Columbus
So, hopefully by now alot of you have had a good week to play with them Primes. Have things continued to work well?

I've been on delay from amazon for a while now for the 64GB version and I just wanted to make sure that they can indeed hold up. I really want to like the Prime but I also want to make sure that there are good, non-problematic primes out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I've seen lots of posts with complaints or concerns about the prime but let's have a thread to share our positives about it. If all we see are the negatives or the couple of bad tablets no one will want one. Sooooooo, I'd like to hear what you guys who do have it like about it, what did Asus do RIGHT?

Please share your thoughts! :cool:

UPDATE:
    Include the model and color in your posts please!:)
    I am really loving this tablet :)

Just wanna say how much I am loving this tablet. :cool:

I've been looking forward to this tablet for quite a while and decided to browse these forums to find out more about it.

From a lot of the threads it seemed like there are tons of issues that are deal-breakers for people, so I was hesitant to jump in. After letting the complaints sink in I decided to actually get one to see for myself, because I know how issues can seem a lot bigger than they really are on a message board.

After it arrived I can say that I am glad I got it.

The wifi has been working great and the screen is beautiful. Not 1920x1200? After seeing the screen already on there and watching some netflix I don't even feel like I need a higher resolution screen. The speed is buttery smooth and it even works with my wireless microsoft mouse.

The tablet and dock feel solid and it's much thinner and more sleek than my ASUS 1215N netbook. I love the finish and the look.

I've had no issues with ICS and am even rooted, thanks to the wonderful help from these forums.

TLDR:

I am loving this tablet and do not regret getting this instead of waiting for a TF700.
    I have a suggestion. Since there are an overwhelming number of threads with "good" vs. "evil" debates, can't this one thread be left for people that are happy/satisfied to share their feelings? Up until a couple of pages ago this thread was left alone by the dissatisfied. I'm not suggesting people who want to vent shouldn't, just leave at least one thread that's not riddled with complaints about Asus, the Prime, Nvidia, and/or Gary so those that are satisfied can enjoy their purchase.

Peace out.
    Everything works great on mine.Went into maps & it instantly locked on to me.Web browsing is a breeze. Love that I can play full HD on YouTube. I love the haptic feedback too.Reminds of the old galaxy tab with that option lol.This baby makes my XOOM look bad.I love it.Also mine has no light bleed.
    Well I have a very positive story to contribute.

I am one of the few people who had serious issues with the Transformer Prime; specifically, the lockup/reboot issue caused after the ICS OTA back on the 9th. The vast majority of people with Primes had no such problem, but I was finally able to find and join a thread of others describing the same symptoms.

Once there, the challenge for us was that even though we had a legitimate, tablet-bricking, deal-breaking issue with our devices, we were drowning in a sea of threads and posts of any other complaint you can think of: "Can't get a kanye west video to play," "Wifi connectivity is a couple decibels lower than I'd like," "Angry Birds is a little laggy," and junk like that.

Thanks to this, not only did we have to struggle to get our issue acknowledge by ASUS, it was hard enough to even be acknowledged by fellow XDA members who were becoming increasingly fed up with all of the griping and moaning about this wonderful beast of a tablet. And who can blame them?

Those of us in the thread kept up with troubleshooting as best we could, and as the post count grew, we eventually saw a few of the more technical members drop in to offer their suggestions (despite growing negative attitudes of some users within the thread), and eventually someone from ASUS even responded saying that they were tracking the issue.

To cut a long story short and get to the positive part - I now have a perfectly working Transformer Prime. I didn't have to exchange it or RMA it, I just waited, helped with the troubleshooting, and assisted the ASUS devs when asked to test new builds. I am currently on one of those builds (see signature) and it has completely resolved any issues I had. No more freezing or boot-looping. It's every bit as fast, slick and stable as it is supposed to be and I'm glad I stuck with it. :)

In summary:
    • This tablet is amazing.
    • The fact that ASUS got involved in threads like these and worked directly with end users to test software fixes - despite endless resentment and bashing from quite a few users - is amazing.
    • The willingness and courtesy of XDA members - with or without the same issue - to offer their assistance to each other is amazing.

I am having a glass of scotch right now to celebrate my resurrected Prime and my involvement in this ****ing awesome community. XDA for the win.