AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

junodragon

Feb 23, 2012
Does anyone know when the HTC One X will be released for AT&T? Are the rumors for the chip production delay true??

Edit: May 6th is the confirmed date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
28nm high power processes are definitely down. The low power process may not be, we're not sure.

vectorized

Jan 14, 2011
San Francisco
I thought they were all the same phones anyway. Aside from the chip and the Storage.

I think we're expecting a summer release, not april.

shorty6049

Sep 15, 2010
I thought they were all the same phones anyway. Aside from the chip and the Storage.

I think we're expecting a summer release, not april.

Didn't HTC originally announce that this phone would be on sale within 60 days (from when they announced it) ?

Just to help clear up any confusion for anyone who didn't know this already,

The One X is the quad core version. The quad core processor is incompatible with LTE (being released as an ATT exclusive means that att will likely only carry the XL)

The One XL has the dual core because the dual core processor IS compatible with LTE . Also, from what I've heard, the dual core might actually be a better processor than the quad core anyway.

I think you guys already knew most of that though

Reactions: s8int117

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
@shorty

yes, you are correct. The projected window is within 60 days of announcement.

The phone has already passed through FCC, it's on it's way.

aaronv89

Jan 13, 2011
I am really hoping a release date is announced soon. I went out and got a skyrocket under upgrade and now I want to return it (within my 30 days) so that I can pick up this phone. It all depends on the release date though. If it ends up being summer then I'm not gonna wait that long.

R

Red5

My guess is since the rest of the word starts to sell these on April 5th and Sprint/HTC is holding an even April 4th... we will hear about a release in the next week or two about when AT&T will release it.

Waiting for Rogers ONE XL ...

It's definitely not legit. Look at how much storage it says it has. 32GB? Now, we know the AT&T version will only have 16GB of storage.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app

You're right. It will have only 16GB, like the Rogers unit, which is what I'm waiting for. No announcement yet, and I'm checking every day.

Peter

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
Other than that there's no way in God's name that I'm waiting until freaking May for a phone. Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD should be out by then and I'd pick that up before that.

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
Idunno though, phones are out usually a month or so after being approved by the FCC, and our XL has been approved for awhile now, since beginning of march

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.