[ROM][Updated 5-28-12]MazWoz-EVO ICS ROM BETA 6

Search This thread

commonplace

Mar 11, 2007
Bardstown, KY
www.envail.com
Okay, just flashed this ROM for the first time. Followed all the steps. ROM was fine until the verrrry last step when I rebooted into recovery (after fixing permissions in ROM Manager) and flashed the camera (camera_02092012-signed.zip). I tried it twice, and both times, flashing the camera zip file ruined it. After I flash the camera zip, I don't get past the white htc EVO 4G bootup screen. Have to do a battery pull and then go into recovery and start over.

Am I using the wrong camera zip? Or did I choose the wrong kernel and the camera zip isn't compatible with it? (I chose Mason-v0.14-ics-hwa-supersonic-signed.zip, which is the Mason I series non-sbc. Did I choose incorrectly??)

Going to start over a third time and try flashing the older camera zip. If it locks up again, I'll start over a fourth time and use a different kernel and the latest camera zip. If that doesn't do it, I quit. :) But if anyone can help in the meantime, that'd be great -- save me some time!

/Kevin

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Just read mazwoz's post that he posted while I was typing my comment. ha

So if I'm using the latest ROM (b5), I do NOT need to flash the camera file?? I was just following the steps; didn't actually read the entire thread. Whoops!

Okay, going to re-flash and skip the camera part!

/Kevin

Reactions: mazwoz

mahootzki

May 29, 2011
Brooklyn
Loved this ROM while it lasted, had to go back to GB as this just didn't work for me.
Has amazing potential.
Thanks for your hard work Maz.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away...

Dmaxx67

Nov 21, 2011
Memphis
Just an fyi I'm running mine at 806 MHz Max CPU on lion heart and great performance/battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

lc3necro

Jun 5, 2010
Well, after reading a good chunk of the post B5 posts, and loving what I read, I decided to give the ROM a shot, and I must say, I do love it! I ran a few ICS's previously, but always ended up back on GB, so far I don't see that happening. Great job! Two things I miss from my previous, and I was wondering if someone might point me in the direction of a theme / flash option...when you use a PIN for your lockscreen you lose the option to launch apps directly upon unlock, I really enjoyed that option. The other is the dialer, I am looking to replace the stock one with one that will auto-complete numbers. Example, if I am dialing, say "Work" I can hit 9675 (w o r k) and have it bring up the corresponding number. Other than those two things I miss I am loving the snappy attitude and overall performance of this ROM! Cheers!

Reactions: RascalDoc

te45a

Jun 27, 2011
Beckley
Well, after reading a good chunk of the post B5 posts, and loving what I read, I decided to give the ROM a shot, and I must say, I do love it! I ran a few ICS's previously, but always ended up back on GB, so far I don't see that happening. Great job! Two things I miss from my previous, and I was wondering if someone might point me in the direction of a theme / flash option...when you use a PIN for your lockscreen you lose the option to launch apps directly upon unlock, I really enjoyed that option. The other is the dialer, I am looking to replace the stock one with one that will auto-complete numbers. Example, if I am dialing, say "Work" I can hit 9675 (w o r k) and have it bring up the corresponding number. Other than those two things I miss I am loving the snappy attitude and overall performance of this ROM! Cheers!

somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I though if you get a T9 dialer than u can't have mute option in calls and other way around

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
Okay, just flashed this ROM for the first time. Followed all the steps. ROM was fine until the verrrry last step when I rebooted into recovery (after fixing permissions in ROM Manager) and flashed the camera (camera_02092012-signed.zip). I tried it twice, and both times, flashing the camera zip file ruined it. After I flash the camera zip, I don't get past the white htc EVO 4G bootup screen. Have to do a battery pull and then go into recovery and start over.

Am I using the wrong camera zip? Or did I choose the wrong kernel and the camera zip isn't compatible with it? (I chose Mason-v0.14-ics-hwa-supersonic-signed.zip, which is the Mason I series non-sbc. Did I choose incorrectly??)

Going to start over a third time and try flashing the older camera zip. If it locks up again, I'll start over a fourth time and use a different kernel and the latest camera zip. If that doesn't do it, I quit. :) But if anyone can help in the meantime, that'd be great -- save me some time!

/Kevin

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Just read mazwoz's post that he posted while I was typing my comment. ha

So if I'm using the latest ROM (b5), I do NOT need to flash the camera file?? I was just following the steps; didn't actually read the entire thread. Whoops!

Okay, going to re-flash and skip the camera part!

/Kevin

That is correct, no reason to flash that old fix. Going to change the instructions so that people aren't doing that. Please let me know if you have any issues. Again I am out of the country so I will try to get back to people ASAP, but it could be a while.

Reactions: crazzysandman

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us

I will look into those two requests. Hopefully I can facilitate something. I'm glad you like the ROM overall. It is a direct result of a lot of people coming together to work on it.

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
The regular camera is working fine.

Scratch that, I realized that if I leave the camera on for too long it freezes and starts to freak out. When I use instagram I can get to the android camera to take a picture, I crop it to whatever instagram wants, but everything crashes when it tries to save the image. Its very weird.

I have been working on the issues with the camera. When we moved to HWA it bored the old fixes, I hope to have it resolved soon, but since I am out of the country there is no telling when I can get to it.

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Man only if the Guy read the older posts sooner, (i feel the pain) where we had trouble with that .zip lol oh well we all learned not to flash lol

Reactions: mazwoz

renesix

Oct 28, 2009
Santo Domingo
Apps2SD Partition recomendation

Guys (and MazWoz), I just grab an 16GB SDCard.

I want to put some games and apps data on it. Whats your partition recommnedation for this ROM?

4WildJokers

Mar 19, 2012
Knoxville
Guys (and MazWoz), I just grab an 16GB SDCard.

I want to put some games and apps data on it. Whats your partition recommnedation for this ROM?

I have mine at 2 gigs. No real reason for it. Just what I set it at. It's really up to you. It depends on what you use the partition for and how mych data you would need on it.

Last edited:

Dmaxx67

Nov 21, 2011
Memphis
No he has putting builds out pretty quick but it just didn't feel as stable.

etnpnys

Jul 3, 2010
No he has putting builds out pretty quick but it just didn't feel as stable.

+1

Exactly what I felt. I tried several of his PreBetas and liked a few things, especially the brightness control on the notification slider thingy. I came here FROM deck, but to be honest I'll probably stick with whichever gets the FFC working first (and best).

This one feels great though; Camera is a little wonky still, but I like it so much I have installed all my daily driver stuff - I'll be hanging around for a while!

Reactions: emd2009

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
anyone jump ship to decks newer versions?

lol, I just saw this post. Must have skipped over it a few times in the last few hours.

emd2009, if you don't like this ROM it's fine. Please don't ask others if they are jumping ship to someone else's ROM on my thread. If you have issues, please address them accordingly. If you need assistance let me know. If you would like changes, please talk to me. If you are not going to contribute, please kindly leave. I apologize if this seems harsh, but you just asked a very rude question with little to no reason at all. If you have a reason for asking, please let me know. Also, in the future, any bashings should be done through PM not the public thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

NUGZZ420

Feb 5, 2012
OREGON
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9 Pro
lol, I just saw this post. Must have skipped over it a few times in the last few hours.

emd2009, if you don't like this ROM it's fine. Please don't ask others if they are jumping ship to someone else's ROM on my thread. If you have issues, please address them accordingly. If you need assistance let me know. If you would like changes, please talk to me. If you are not going to contribute, please kindly leave. I apologize if this seems harsh, but you just asked a very rude question with little to no reason at all. If you have a reason for asking, please let me know. Also, in the future, any bashings should be done through PM not the public thread.

+ 1 on that

ive jumped all around I cant stop flashing. but Ever since you ve had HWA this is the ROM I keep coming back to . very stable FOR ME no reboots .I use my tablet for a lot. so my evo dosen't take the abuse as some. im running masons sbc fso kernel no other tweaks loving it. I cant wait to see future builds .. it be nice to see some soft keys that I don't need to flash .. but nice work

MY Daily Driver ATM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MazWoz-EVO ICS Beta 6

• This is an ICS 4.0.3 ROM. Based off of Evervolv's Source
    ***The Good***
    FAST!!!!!!!
    WiFi
    General Use
    Virutall no FC/Random Reboots
    Gallery
    Live Wallpapers
    YouTube
    Chrome (FULLY WORKING)
    SMS split at 160 characters
    Camera (Still no front facing)
    Camcorder
    Panorama
    ***The Bad***
    It's Beta
    Netflix(Audio works, no video)

Check it out. Let me know if there are things that are broke or need to be fixed.

1. Download ROM
    2. Put ROM on SDCARD
    3. Reboot in to recovery
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Data (Factory Reset)
    6. Wipe System
    7. Wipe Boot
    8. Use a format all
    9. Flash Rom
    10. Flash latest Gapps
    11. Download Rom Manager
    12. Fix Permissions

Code:
    February 6th - Beta 2.5
    Based off of Evervolv
    GApps cooked in
    Small "tweaks" 
    Worked on SDCard issues

February 7th - Beta 3
    Fixed GApps Issues
    Small "tweaks"
    Improved minor speed issues. 
    Gallery more stable
    Increased read_ahead_kb to 512

February 10th - Beta 3.5
    Updated GApps
    Tweaked framework-res
    Added [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276%22"]V6  Supercharger[/URL] from  [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3357461"]Zeppelinrox[/URL]
    Reduced read_ahead_kb to 128 (512 was too agressive)
    Updated Music and Maps
    Removed some apps
    Speed improvements

February 26th - Beta 4
    Compiled from source (Based off of preludedrew's source)
    Multiple framework tweaks
    Removed stock launcher
    Removed a lot of junk apps
    Tweaked build.prop settings
    Added Papa Smurf's build.prop settings
    Changed minor bits of code for speed
    Attempted to work on Camera issues (no avail)

March 13 - B 4.5
    Updated build.prop settings
    Added init.d settings
    Fixed Camera (panorama and camcorder)
    Fixed video playback
    Fixed GPS lock issue for some people 
    Updated file system to EXT-4 (Testing!!!)

March 30 - B 5
    Updated build.prop
    New Kernel
    HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
    Apex Launcher
    Working Chrome browser
    FASTEST yet with quadrant over 1100 using smartass v2 governor

May 28 - B 6
    Fixed camera FCs, Camcorder, and Panorama (still no front facing)
    Fixed GPS; quick lock and stable
    Changed to CM9 Music App
    Removed some live wall papers
    Mason I Series 0.14 SBC with FSO kernel default
    Minor UI changes
    Better battery life
    Changed to T9 Dialer
    [URL]http://mazwoz.zamzow.us/Downloads/MazWoz-EVO-B6.zip[/URL]
    ***Screenshots***
    sc1.png
    sc2.png
    sc3.png

sc5.png
    sc6.png

thlinx,

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is. If I'm not learning and improving fast enough for you, by all means, teach me how to do it better. If my "tweaks" are not good enough, again show me how to do better. I implore you to learn this. It takes time, energy and mistakes.

I am also a real programmer. I develop software for the US Air Force. Over the last year I have written over 200,000 lines of code just for the Air Force. If you count what I have done off duty, I have probably put up more time, and text just in programming than you have flashing your phone.

Just because I am new to developing ROMs, doesn't mean I am a complete "noob" when it comes to programming/writing code/or development in general. I am learning what it takes to develop for Android. It is a separate beast.

Yes, if you want better than what I can offer at the moment, then you need to go with someone who has more time. If you think that my ROM is going backwards, then obviously you have not used too many ICS ROMs.

If you bash everyone that is just starting out, saying that they are not good enough, then you will never get GOOD ROMs. You will get nothing but continuous tweaks and moving of apk files. I have already started de-compiling some open source apks and trying to find some of the issues. I am looking at kernel development. I am looking into building from source. I don't think anyone in here can say they learned all of this in a day, or a week. Most people it takes months to learn how to build, develop and maintain a new operating system. If my "progress" is too un-progressive for you, that is fine. Don't talk trash because it's not good enough. Tell me what you would like "fixed" or changed, and I will work on it. OR, fix it yourself and stop trying to tear other people down.

Any further complaints, issues, or tear downs should be sent to me in a PM and not publicly on a thread where other people have enjoyed my work.

Thread went off to a bad start, surprised you stuck around after that; but thanks a lot for this!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I'm just glad that someone finally trusted me enough to download and flash. It did get off to a bad start. I should have put more info to start with. That was my fault. I really hope you guys like it. If you do, please click the thanks.
    Ok guys I am gonna say this once and once only. If it is not about the roms development then dont post it.

Arguing about if it is or is not development is pointless. Most Developers start out by theming a rom and work from there.

If you think you can do better then by all means go ahead but unless you can do it yourself you have no room to talk about the work others do.

Now I really hope I got my point across. For those that dont know me let me let you in on something. I only give one warning (This is it) and then it is a trip to bansville.
    I didn't know that thanks for the heads up.. Seems kinda strange though.. I mean does that mean we can pick any new phone or the same price bracket. So say I want the galaxy...

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

My bad I was being a hypocrit. I totally forgot you program.. I'm just so use to themers lately, I just assumed you were just another one of those guys that release a rom and all it has is a new theme added. My all means continue your work..

I understand, just please remember, that even though someone just "themed" a ROM, it doesn't mean they aren't learning. Everyone has to start somewhere. Please consider how your words can stop production of someone who could potentially fix all of your problems/make the best ROM you have ever used.

I have already caught enough flak/ been flamed enough on this thread. Considered giving up the first few days, but if I continue to get posts like this, I will not continue, I will quit and people can lose one more dev because someone decided to assume instead of think.

You have the potential to stop progress. You also have the potential to do it yourself. If that is what you want, continue down your current path. If not, then respect the people who are still working hard to learn this and bring you something new/better/faster.