[WIP][CM10.1-11] CyanogenMod 10.1 based KitKat ROM

Search This thread

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
I have modded the source of CM10.1 and added some KitKat features. Compiled with Linaro toolchain. And now debugging it.

Here's the link to the test ROMs.
Tester please test it. And developers please help me.

Screenshots in attachments

Builds are final for kernel and resources. Now will port KitKat specific apps

THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USE YET

Kernel source
Thanks to AndroidARMv6, CyanogenMod and Google

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-13-23-54-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-23-54-58.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 956
  • Screenshot_2013-12-13-23-54-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-13-23-54-48.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
I will also test it later on today. I'm presently using your other ROM and I am quite pleased with it :) .

What is actually the difference between them? I got the impression both are based on cm10.1 with some KK additions?

Last edited:

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
I will also test it later on today. I'm presently using your other ROM and I am quite pleased with it :) .

What is actually the difference between them? I got the impression both are based on cm10.1 with some KK additions?

This ROM is compiled from edited source, with features from KitKat. The older one was cm10.1 made to look like KitKat with some of its features

Reactions: jaibar

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Congrats and salutations! Gone beyond cooking and actually into development. Welcome aboard.

As I said, I am using cm10.2. Has bluetooth problem (partly better but not really well-behaved in cm10.1) but it does run much nicer than cm10.1. Also prefer its notifications features. Of course, sources you backport might gain some more speed and smoothness for your hybrid as well. As far as I got with cm11 experimentals, bluetooth turned on and off like in the old days. Found KitKat too dependent on Chromium which is armv7 so lets out our devices. So maybe your approach is the way to go. Are you daring to touch ART (OK, your ROMs are a work of art)??

What are you doing about selinux? Old recoveries will flash the ROM?

Fix camera default exposure? Have everyone eating out of your hand :)

All the best. Watching this one!

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
Congrats and salutations! Gone beyond cooking and actually into development. Welcome aboard.

As I said, I am using cm10.2. Has bluetooth problem (partly better but not really well-behaved in cm10.1) but it does run much nicer than cm10.1. Also prefer its notifications features. Of course, sources you backport might gain some more speed and smoothness for your hybrid as well. As far as I got with cm11 experimentals, bluetooth turned on and off like in the old days. Found KitKat too dependent on Chromium which is armv7 so lets out our devices. So maybe your approach is the way to go. Are you daring to touch ART (OK, your ROMs are a work of art)??

What are you doing about selinux? Old recoveries will flash the ROM?

Fix camera default exposure? Have everyone eating out of your hand :)

All the best. Watching this one!

Just ported small features till now. selinux and all are from cm10.1. So will be compatible with old kernels too.
And camera exposure an things are secondary, as can use third party apps as of now.
And thanks for wishes

Reactions: omidreza

borchaniz

Jul 9, 2012
Tunis
I tested the ROM and it seems having no problems but the cm10.1 ones. It looks just like a themed ROM. Good luck for next versions and I have a request . can you plz build a paranoid android ROM under 4.3.1? THX in advance :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
Does anyone know how to change Resources according to theme of apps?
Like Holo dark background is activated when an app uses holo.dark theme and Holo light background when an app uses holo.light theme
I need it ASAP as i'm gonna compile another test build

Top Liked Posts