[Q] Will rooting P605 break Allshare Cast?

Search This thread

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
When I rooted my Note 2 and Note 10.1 (2012) Allshare cast stopped working. Even I used custom or stock based rom.

Question is, will rooting the new Note 10.1 (2014) P605 cause the Allshare cast to stop working as well?

kitfel

Dec 15, 2010
Root broke my allshare cast on 2014 10.1.
My understanding from reading various threads is you need Triangle Away
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114
Which is working for your older devices but not for note 10.1 2014 yet. I am checking forums regularly, for any news. If anyone has any screencast solution I am not aware of, would love to hear it, I am already rooted.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Root broke my allshare cast on 2014 10.1.
My understanding from reading various threads is you need Triangle Away
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114
Which is working for your older devices but not for note 10.1 2014 yet. I am checking forums regularly, for any news. If anyone has any screencast solution I am not aware of, would love to hear it, I am already rooted.

I'm rooted and have the Allshare cast still working...
You need to have stock recovery, install xposed framework and have cosmeticsysscopenormalizer mod ( Comsetic device status normal) active...
It spoofs the system and comes up Official...

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
I'm rooted and have the Allshare cast still working...
You need to have stock recovery, install xposed framework and have cosmeticsysscopenormalizer mod ( Comsetic device status normal) active...
It spoofs the system and comes up Official...

Hi, Thanks for the information.
When you stay stock recovery, meaning no TWRP right?
Can we still do backup and recovery in stock recovery?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Hi, Thanks for the information.
When you stay stock recovery, meaning no TWRP right?
Can we still do backup and recovery in stock recovery?

Yep, Samsung recovery, but no, you can't use for backups or recovery in Stock recovery...However, if the situation isn't so bad that you can boot to recovery you should be able to reflash twrp or cwm and restore a previous backup...

Last edited: