[CM11][OFFICIAL] InFriction ROM v11 [SPEED][PERFORMANCE]

How would you rate this(Based on free ram)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

koop1955

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
www.larrykuperman.com
Moto G 5G
Guys, due to exam pressure, builds will be there straight on April 17 :(

But next build will be really very smooth :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51295059&postcount=3034

Thanks to @Hashcode

Androvista, one of the things that I am really looking forward to in OtterX ROMS is:

Support for OtterX partition layout (eliminates separate "media" partition and uses full 6gb+ for userdata & emulated storage) -- ALSO REQUIRES NEW RECOVERY AND OtterX ROM build

I have migrated to OtterX as bootloader. I am keeping an eye out for an updated recovery and some new ROMs. It would be killer if you incorporated this.

Good luck on the exams, युवा brotehr!

A

androvista

Androvista, one of the things that I am really looking forward to in OtterX ROMS is:

Support for OtterX partition layout (eliminates separate "media" partition and uses full 6gb+ for userdata & emulated storage) -- ALSO REQUIRES NEW RECOVERY AND OtterX ROM build

I have migrated to OtterX as bootloader. I am keeping an eye out for an updated recovery and some new ROMs. It would be killer if you incorporated this.

Good luck on the exams, युवा brotehr!
Nice Idea but I build over the CM Nightly and add my performance tweaks/features. So I cant do anything :( till Hashcode starts giving OtterX Nightlies, But that will be here soon ;)

koop1955

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
www.larrykuperman.com
Moto G 5G
Nice Idea but I build over the CM Nightly and add my performance tweaks/features. So I cant do anything :( till Hashcode starts giving OtterX Nightlies, But that will be here soon ;)

Right, understood. Not really expecting you to do more than to keep up with what Hashcode is enabling. Also requires a new recovery. Presumably Hashcode is working with Dees_Troy on that.

Good luck on your exams.

FINALLY !!

I've been saying forever that we need a rom that takes out all the junk no one uses (or would use in a tablet). Of course, I would try removing system apps in other roms, but that usually would force the ram usage to go up (surprisingly), because I figured there was some line of code or kernel setting still looking for X, Y, Z.

This one does the job and does it nicely.

Kit Kat (4.4.x) is better than 4.3 to begin with. I find that it used less resources. So for you to use the current Kit Kat to do this, makes it even more better.

Please keep this up. I would love to see this continued.

THANK YOU !!!!

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
I noticed that the boot animation is super laggy. It only goes through about four or five frames before it boots up completely. I tried reinstalling and wiping dalvik/cache and it was still the same. Anyone else run into this? Solutions?

A

androvista

I noticed that the boot animation is super laggy. It only goes through about four or five frames before it boots up completely. I tried reinstalling and wiping dalvik/cache and it was still the same. Anyone else run into this? Solutions?
The bootanimation is too heavy for the device. Easily 200+ images.

notdeadyet01

Jan 15, 2012
Just started using Kit Kat after being on JB for a while, and this rom is working GREAT. Quick question though, is there a way to take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
Just started using Kit Kat after being on JB for a while, and this rom is working GREAT. Quick question though, is there a way to take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

To enable it, go in Settings, go to Buttons under Device, and enable screenshot. Then to take a shot, hold the power button and select it. Alternatively, go to Settings, Interface, Quick Launch shortcuts, and select Take Screenshot. Hold the home button to use :)

Last edited:
2 apps I'm sure you can remove from speed

1) Camera -- There is none in Kindle Fire 1st Generation
2) Search -- While it's cool to do from the desktop, it really doesn't save you time since all it does is load the browser anyways into google.com (which is where you start off anyways), then imputes the search term you typed out. Removing this will save memory since it's not always loaded.

There is 3rd app I think you can safely remove.... Print Spool. I don't know anyone printing off of a kindle.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Also the boot animation is over done. Keep it light, keep it simple.

Wikdclown

Dec 20, 2013
plus.google.com
Recently switched to this rom and gotta say runs real nice, only problem I see is the boot animation sequence is to much. Thank you for a great ROM.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

wire55

Feb 25, 2013
Do you think you could make Infriction ROM for the kindle fire hd?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

buckeyestilidie

Apr 9, 2013
I keep getting system.UI FCed and the screen is all black. Any ideas on what happened? I downloaded the speed version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Netflix Workaround Found!

Earlier in this thread, I identified a method to get the Kindle and Amazon Appstore apps running successfully under this ROM... by flashing the "Nexus 7 ID Spoof". However, while that fixed the Kindle and Amazon Appstore apps, it still left me with Netflix continually Force Closing on my InFriction Fire. After doing some research and a little trial and error, I identified and have now confirmed that if you side-load and install an earlier version of the Netflix APK, it will work on our InFriction Fire. The specific version I settled on was 1.8.1. I can't confirm whether any earlier or later versions will work similarly or better. However, after installing 1.8.1, I was able to successfully log into Netflix and access my account. The only "glitch" I've identified is having to pause my chosen program right after it's loaded and allow it to buffer for about a minute. If you don't, it seems to freeze and stall out after about 20 seconds of play. However, after allowing a minute or so of paused buffer time, I'm happy to report that the audio and video of my chosen program ran flawlessly and was crystal clear.

Below is a link to the APK I mentioned. Hopefully, it will work for those of you still experiencing Netflix issues. Please note, I have no way of knowing if you need BOTH this APK and the "Nexus 7 ID Spoof" I mentioned earlier, as I already had the "Spoof" installed. If you only install the APK and have no luck, I recommend you consider also flashing the "Spoof". You'll need to do that if you want the Kindle app to work, anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjcg471do3xjmak/netflix-1.8.1.apk

Hope everyone finds this information to be helpful!
    This is the list of system apps that
    I have left using the Speed Version.
    I dual-boot so I wanted a
    very stripped down CM11
    for more space...
    Some people may still use some of the the apk's I deleted but I dont..
    For example the Calendar. .I use
    The one on my phone, I don't need two...Use your own judgment. .
    I spent a lot of time on Google
    Looking these up..I did this over
    A month ago and have not seen any
    reboots or FC's..
    Best way I found was to disable and make a backup of all the Apk's
    I wanted to remove..
    Make a full system backup
    BEFORE you start deleting Apk's
    After a few days of no problems
    Then just delete them.

---Android Keyguard
    ---Android Keyboard (AOSP)
    ---Android system
    ---Browser
    ---Certificate Installer
    ---cLock
    ---Clock
    --com.android.sharedstoargebackup
    ---Dev Tools
    ---Download Manager
    ---Downloads
    ---External Storage
    ---Fused Location
    ---Gallery
    ---Google Account Manager
    ---Google Play Store
    ---Google Services Framework
    ---Settings
    ---Settings Storage
    ---System UI

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    This is from the build on Feb 27th. I've never seen a device sleep so well. If you look at the discharge graph you will see that there is never a spike from being charged. This is simply amazing. The tablet was never turned off either. KitKat definitely is very efficient on this older tablet and made it fun again. Nice work on this rom . thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    OK found something... Can anyone see if this is true for them too? I'm checking "do not auto update apps" from market but every time I restart the kindle it goes back to auto update...problem is the updated version of the kindle reader app constantly force closes so I'm having to delete it and side load the older apk...I have a few books that I need to finish reading! Thanks, the rest of the rom is great

I confirmed that my Auto-Update OFF setting is sticking in the Play Store app. However, I believe I can offer you a fix for the being able to utilize the latest/updated Kindle App. I was having the same problem with the Kindle app FC-ing. I did some searching and found this info and file to flash that will simply make your Kindle Fire look like a Nexus 7. Before flashing the file, I also went with another recommendation I found to de-register my original Kindle Fire from my Amazon Account. Clear Data and Cache for the installed app on the Fire. Then boot to Recovery, clear cache and install this file. After rebooting, I went back to the Play store, downloaded and installed the latest Kindle app and all worked perfectly after I logged in to my Amazon account. I'm told this will address the same issue people have been experiencing with the actual Amazon Appstore app, but I don't know because I don't use it. I wish it would work for the FC issues I'm still experiencing with Netflix, but no luck (does anyone have it working and/or a fix to offer?).

Here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48462264&postcount=338

Best of luck. I hope it helps!
    More ram is always better imo.
    I just wish someone could look at the kernel and see if any ram could be recovered there as well, like mpokswith did for the Galaxy nexus with his super ram kernel. Anything not used on the kindle like telephony or video recording may have ram still being reserved for it.