Flashing ICS

Search This thread

Ike167

Jan 21, 2011
Currently I am running Calkulins 3.0 and now I want to try out Calkulins ICS so can someone explain the steps on what I should do to flash that ICS cause I don't want to brick my phone. Do I just flash like a normal ROM or should I just take different steps? Please help me out!!

sol_671

Apr 8, 2011
Dededo
What is mobile Odin? Sorry IM kinda new also. All I no is cwm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
You could find mobile Odin on the market. Its an app that cost 5 bucks and somewhere here on xda for free I think

Edit: Its a portable version of Odin that you used to root and flash your phone.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
You can also just use the Auto Root sticky in development (Option C) to install EL26+CWM

Rob4828

Nov 13, 2011
I know its safe go back to gb using odin one click. Is it safe to go back to gb by odining el 26 kernel then wiping then flashING gb Rom?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

killaphatboy

Mar 12, 2011
ponca city, oklahoma
I know its safe go back to gb using odin one click. Is it safe to go back to gb by odining el 26 kernel then wiping then flashING gb Rom?

Yes. I just use Mobile Odin to flash el26+cwm and wipe/flash as needed between all ROMs. I'm a flashaholic so I use it almost daily

Sent using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5 on AOKP 32 ROM

Reactions: Rob4828

Rob4828

Nov 13, 2011
Yes. I just use Mobile Odin to flash el26+cwm and wipe/flash as needed between all ROMs. I'm a flashaholic so I use it almost

Thanks just wanted to make sure I don't brick my phone

Last edited:

timmetal6669

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Well they're only giving you pieces of information. If you're on Calkins 3.0 I have to assume that you are familiar with cwm rogue and most probably auto root or regular Odin. Its my suggestion that if you're not familiar with regular Odin (go to xda search bar and put in a search for Odin v1.85 and Odin one click el29 root and Odin el26 root) that you get familiar with it and download at least those three versions to your pc. It will save your a$$ in a pinch. Also you should have a copy of the latest auto root program. Put in a search on xda or head over to the developers section and skim through the first 5 pages. You're guaranteed to find them there. Now flashing to ICS isn't the hard part. Its getting back to el29 that causes all the bricks. -- 2Things. Go over to the general E4GT section and read the first thread. "How not to brick your E4GT". Also by all things in the universe that is good stay away from CM9 and any CWM touch kernels and roms. Both have been linked to bricks. Bad stuff there. Now that you have the programs you need on you're pc and you're a little more educated about ICS, I SUGGEST CALKINS ICS2.v1.4 Fd02. It had a stock kernel (safe) repacked with the same version of CWM that you already have on calks 3.0. Plus everything works and its very stable. All you need to do I'd down load Calkins format all and the ROM and put it on you sd card. Then go into recovery and wipe cashe then wipe dalvik cashe then go to mounts and storage and wipe your internal sd. Make sure to make back ups before hands so you don't lose any data. Now go to install zip and run the format all. When it is done go back to install zip and install ICS! LET IT REBOOT AND ENJOY. ALSO GOOD IDEA TO DOWNLOAD APP BACKUP AND CONTACT BACKUP OFF THE MARKET. BOTH ARE FREE AND WILL ALLOW YOU TO REINSTALL almos t all YOUR APPS AND CONTACTS AFTER YOU FLASH. Make sure you read all the instructions on how to use Odin as well. Hope this was a little helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberpodS2

killaphatboy

Mar 12, 2011
ponca city, oklahoma
El26 with cwm is the latest safe kernel to flash with. El29 and later have rogue repacks and are not safe to use to flash from ICS to GB. I have flashed from ics to ics using fd02, fb21, and a few others with no issues(doesn't mean its safe). Only use el26 with official cwm to be safe.

Edit: especially when flashing to/from AOKP/CM9/AOSP.

Rob4828

Nov 13, 2011
Are you using mobile Odin lite?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes. I just use Mobile Odin to flash el26+cwm and wipe/flash as needed between all ROMs. I'm a flashaholic so I use it almost daily

Well they're only giving you pieces of information. If you're on Calkins 3.0 I have to assume that you are familiar with cwm rogue and most probably auto root or regular Odin. Its my suggestion that if you're not familiar with regular Odin (go to xda search bar and put in a search for Odin v1.85 and Odin one click el29 root and Odin el26 root) that you get familiar with it and download at least those three versions to your pc. It will save your a$$ in a pinch. Also you should have a copy of the latest auto root program. Put in a search on xda or head over to the developers section and skim through the first 5 pages. You're guaranteed to find them there. Now flashing to ICS isn't the hard part. Its getting back to el29 that causes all the bricks. -- 2Things. Go over to the general E4GT section and read the first thread. "How not to brick your E4GT". Also by all things in the universe that is good stay away from CM9 and any CWM touch kernels and roms. Both have been linked to bricks. Bad stuff there. Now that you have the programs you need on you're pc and you're a little more educated about ICS, I SUGGEST CALKINS ICS2.v1.4 Fd02. It had a stock kernel (safe) repacked with the same version of CWM that you already have on calks 3.0. Plus everything works and its very stable. All you need to do I'd down load Calkins format all and the ROM and put it on you sd card. Then go into recovery and wipe cashe then wipe dalvik cashe then go to mounts and storage and wipe your internal sd. Make sure to make back ups before hands so you don't lose any data. Now go to install zip and run the format all. When it is done go back to install zip and install ICS! LET IT REBOOT AND ENJOY. ALSO GOOD IDEA TO DOWNLOAD APP BACKUP AND CONTACT BACKUP OFF THE MARKET. BOTH ARE FREE AND WILL ALLOW YOU TO REINSTALL almos t all YOUR APPS AND CONTACTS AFTER YOU FLASH. Make sure you read all the instructions on how to use Odin as well. Hope this was a little helpful.