[Q] Galaxy S4 Bluetooth Drivers

Search This thread

NogginBoink

Jan 19, 2012
I successfully paired my AT&T Galaxy S4 to my 64-bit Win7 laptop using the "Add a Device" button under Start -> Devices and Printers.

Now, in Device Manager, I have three devices with a yellow bang that appear as "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" under "Other devices."

I have seen in other threads that I should manually update the driver for these devices to the Microsoft Standard Serial over Bluetooth link driver that is part of the Windows Mobile Device Center application.

I'm just a little skeptical... does the S4 really have three serial-over-bluetooth links? And if so, now I'm curious... what do these links represent?

Reactions: retsehc

retsehc

Feb 16, 2012
Frisco
I am also having the same issue. I just updated the BT stack on the Dell with the same result. Under the Device Functions: two of the list are Bluetooth Peripheral Device / Other devices

The rest in the list are:
Bluetooth A2DP Source
Bluetooth AV Remote Control Target
Bluetooth Handsfree Audio Gateway
Bluetooth Message Access Profile Server
Bluetooth OPP

retsehc

Feb 16, 2012
Frisco
Shoot me

I spent over an hour with Samsung support. I finally got them to provide the following:

Bluetooth® Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OBEX, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SPP; NFC; Wi-Fi®; Wi-Fi® Hotspot; MHL support.

"Some of the profiles are related to car stereos and headsets by which windows may not be detecting all the profiles." - This is what is erroring out in Windows.

She could not give me the specific ones but it is two of the underlining profiles listed. I have spent way too much time to get nowhere.:eek:

JacKAsterisK

Jun 19, 2013
Has anyone made any progress with this? I attempted the "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link" driver, with no luck.

puppettestpilot

Nov 8, 2010
Brisbane, Queensland
Broadcom

Hi,
I had troubles installing my S4 on windows 7 using windows drivers.
I uninstalled all Bluetooth software then cleared device driver build-up with USB Deview.
I then installed Broadcom Device Drivers, and re-paired my phone with only one S4 BT device not installed.
These are all the S4 BT devices I got installed okay:
  • Bluetooth Hands-free Audio
  • Bluetooth L2CAP Interface
  • Bluetooth Remote Control
  • GATT Protocol
  • GAP Protocol
  • Bluetooth Headset AG
  • Bluetooth Hands-free AG
  • Bluetooth AV Remote-Control Target
  • Bluetooth AV Source
  • Bluetooth Network Access
  • Bluetooth Personal Area Network User (PANU)
  • Bluetooth OPP
  • Bluetooth Message Access

I hope this helps

puppettestpilot

Nov 8, 2010
Brisbane, Queensland
S4 BT FTP Working

Hi again,
I've found that I can get the last uninstalled BT service mentioned above installed by using Bluetooth File Transfer -- namely the FTP service.

With BT turned off, using the BFT Widget: I activated "Bluetooth File Receiving Service (OPP) Port 12" and then the "Bluetooth File Sharing Service (FTP) Port 30", and then I turned BT on and re-paired with Windows. All BT services found on my S4 were installed.

My S4 appeared in Windows Explorer as a system folder under My Computer--with full upload/download capabilities--just as if I had connected via USB cable, though only the internal memory was available, not the SD card.

I hope this helps more so

:cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successfully paired my AT&T Galaxy S4 to my 64-bit Win7 laptop using the "Add a Device" button under Start -> Devices and Printers.

Now, in Device Manager, I have three devices with a yellow bang that appear as "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" under "Other devices."

I have seen in other threads that I should manually update the driver for these devices to the Microsoft Standard Serial over Bluetooth link driver that is part of the Windows Mobile Device Center application.

I'm just a little skeptical... does the S4 really have three serial-over-bluetooth links? And if so, now I'm curious... what do these links represent?