Battery lasts very short!

Search This thread

Fixoon

Jul 19, 2012
I have had my Galaxy S2 for almost 2 years now and I'm still going with the stock battery and it have worked great but some time around the start of Novmber I rooted and installed CM 10.1 and since then it feels like my battery life have become worse.

I now run CM 11, but it's still the same with battery life or even worse.

My phone never last a full day with normal usage. Today it went from 100% to 9% in less than 5 hours with only ~37 minutes of screen on time.
Todays usage: http://i.imgur.com/Adl7YQv.png http://i.imgur.com/G80vf2e.png http://i.imgur.com/YtcqKh7.png

Also, when listening to music on Spotify (offiline playlists) it draws battery like hell, it lasts maybe 3-4 maximum of listening. And when playing games with the charger connected it drains battery faster than it charges the battery.

What could be the problem here? Would really like to fix this problem but I do not want to go back to the stock Samsung software. Please ask questions if you have to (if you need some more information or such) and I'll reply as fast as possible.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/th4Nalh.png (see my second post)

Last edited:

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I have had my Galaxy S2 for almost 2 years now and I'm still going with the stock battery and it have worked great but some time around the start of Novmber I rooted and installed CM 10.1 and since then it feels like my battery life have become worse.

I now run CM 11, but it's still the same with battery life or even worse.

My phone never last a full day with normal usage. Today it went from 100% to 9% in less than 5 hours with only ~37 minutes of screen on time.
Todays usage: http://i.imgur.com/Adl7YQv.png http://i.imgur.com/G80vf2e.png http://i.imgur.com/YtcqKh7.png

Also, when listening to music on Spotify (offiline playlists) it draws battery like hell, it lasts maybe 3-4 maximum of listening. And when playing games with the charger connected it drains battery faster than it charges the battery.

What could be the problem here? Would really like to fix this problem but I do not want to go back to the stock Samsung software. Please ask questions if you have to (if you need some more information or such) and I'll reply as fast as possible.

Install BetterBatteryStats (google for download link on xda) and look what's draining your phone.
Your signal is very bad, that drains battery too.

Fixoon

Jul 19, 2012
Install BetterBatteryStats (google for download link on xda) and look what's draining your phone.
Your signal is very bad, that drains battery too.

So I installed BetterBatteryStats but as I restarted my phone the stats were reset and I can only view the stats for the current session, I will monitor it again sooner and remember to not restart the phone. However, when I restarted my phone it went from about 50% to 15% instantly, how did that happen? It has happened once before while running CM 10.1 also. Could it be that the phone just showed 50% but it really was 15%?

Picture of the battery drop is in the first post as I can't post links in replies (new user under 10 posts).

Also, how would be the best way to share my BetterBatteyStats? The included share feature just left me with an .txt that's a bit hard to read.

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
From the screenshots i can see your phone is always in search of signal.
Change the modem or pit it on gsm network for the time being
Further, the battery drop of restart is due to chip not behaving. Or battery is dying.

Change the battery is what i advise
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
So I installed BetterBatteryStats but as I restarted my phone the stats were reset and I can only view the stats for the current session, I will monitor it again sooner and remember to not restart the phone. However, when I restarted my phone it went from about 50% to 15% instantly, how did that happen? It has happened once before while running CM 10.1 also. Could it be that the phone just showed 50% but it really was 15%?

Picture of the battery drop is in the first post as I can't post links in replies (new user under 10 posts).

Also, how would be the best way to share my BetterBatteyStats? The included share feature just left me with an .txt that's a bit hard to read.

It's rather the other way around. I had these drops tens of times. Most of the times, if I leave my phone in deep sleep, it will go up again. So in fact the 15% is 50%(minus a percentage for rebooting).
Look what other people are posting in that thread and read the op before posting. But I think a txt file is good enough.
First try to find an explanation for this battery drain, before buying a new one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fixoon

Jul 19, 2012
From the screenshots i can see your phone is always in search of signal.
Change the modem or pit it on gsm network for the time being
Further, the battery drop of restart is due to chip not behaving. Or battery is dying.

Change the battery is what i advise

I'm not really sure about how I "Change the modem or pit it on gsm network for the time being", if you could explain that it would be sweet.

I have only used my phone very little today as I have been distracted with other things and I slept all day so battery have been ok. I will return with results another time when I have been using my phone as I usually do.

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
I'm not really sure about how I "Change the modem or pit it on gsm network for the time being", if you could explain that it would be sweet.

I have only used my phone very little today as I have been distracted with other things and I slept all day so battery have been ok. I will return with results another time when I have been using my phone as I usually do.

Go to settings>more settings> mobile networks > change it to gsm

Try this first. If this resolves good otherwise find a suotable modem compatible with your area (search xda) and flash the modem zip file via recovery

Fixoon

Jul 19, 2012
I cannot find the GSM option there, got nothing from googling either.

Included a picture of what it looks like.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390491709847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390491709847.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Musti1997

Fixoon

Jul 19, 2012
I have monitored my phone with BetterBatteryStats for a few days now and I have posted in their thread and some people there helped me to reduce battery use from 6.3%/h to 2.0%/h in idle (on 3g with fast dormancy disabled). I uninstalled some apps and disabled sync on some other.

I have a question about Spotify also, when I play music from Spotify it seems like it uses to much battery. I use watchdog and I get alerts sometimes that it uses 40%+ cpu, that doesn't seem right does it? And when I open CPU-Z it shows that cpu is at least 20%+ in use all the time with no other program running, that doesn't seem right either. Anyone have any ideas about this?

erdal67

Nov 1, 2012
After uninstalling Google now my battery lasts a bit longer...

Sent from my Galaxy S²

Dakura

Aug 3, 2013
Ankara
First of all, DON'T buy stuff before you try going to stock rom, you can get back anytime from your nandroid backup. Battery problems are very hard to track, someone already suggested betterbatterystats, try finding it yourself with that, and if you fail you can;
1- Wipe everything and run the phone with only betterbattery stats installed and see the problem,
2- Go to stock rom and see if your problem persists without any apps installed.
Edit: If your cpu is misbehaving (even in stock), there is nothing you can do since its a hardware problem, you need to go to service centre.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I cannot find the GSM option there, got nothing from googling either.

Included a picture of what it looks like.

Sent from my GT-I9100