[Q] can't sideload apks after rooting

Search This thread

Cspikes

Jun 29, 2014
Nexus 5, 4.4.4, dalvik runtime. Currently on cyanogenmod 11, but this problem started prior.

I rooted my phone, initially to run xposed framework. I actually got it installed and opened, but I noticed I couldn't install any modules. Uninstalled, tried to reinstall, found I couldn't sideload any apks. Cancel button works fine, but install button does not respond to touch in any way.

Everything I have tried:
Rebooting
Unrooting/reflashing stock
Rerooting
Using various apk installers/file managers. They all still bring me to the install screen where I can't push install, so they're unless
Clearing caches (dalvik, package installer)
Making sure all screen filter apps are off
Making sure all security options are correct (do not verify app, allow unknown sources)
Flashing a new Rom entirely (cyanogenmod)

I'm at a loss. Are there any options left to try that may fix this?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
First, root has nothing to do with your issues. When you say install button doesn't work, what install button are you taking about? And how are you trying to side load an apk? Are you using an app, recovery, or what?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Cspikes

Cspikes

Jun 29, 2014
Unfortunately I can't post an image of the install screen because I'm still a new poster. I usually just try to install apps by navigating to them in my file manager and clicking on them. Nothing special. The install screen is the default holo one that pops up.

Welp, turns out it was Echo Lockscreen. That's a massive bummer...loved that app! Thanks Pirateghost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, root has nothing to do with your issues. When you say install button doesn't work, what install button are you taking about? And how are you trying to side load an apk? Are you using an app, recovery, or what?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Do you have echo lock screen notification installed?

#stayparanoid