Attachments

• gun-to-head.jpg
    gun-to-head.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 832

DarkIceGB

Mar 30, 2012
England
Tried to install the latest version through 4etx recovery, but it says:

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages."

Last edited:

halaros2

Aug 1, 2011
Thessaloniki
Tried to install the latest version through 4etx recovery, but it says:

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages."

You can use android flasher from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=794638 or fast boot commander from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193915 if you want an easy solution ;)

DarkIceGB

Mar 30, 2012
England
Thanks but it says here:

"Amend has two serious design flaws:
Function arguments can not span more than 1 word.
The scripting language is compiled into the recovery causing image bloat and inflexibility."

Is there an Edify version?

erklat

Nov 14, 2010
Thanks but it says here:

"Amend has two serious design flaws:
Function arguments can not span more than 1 word.
The scripting language is compiled into the recovery causing image bloat and inflexibility."

Is there an Edify version?

a) use recovery which supports both amend and edify scripting.
b) flash using fastboot like everyone normal on this forum does.

There is no other way.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

DarkIceGB

Mar 30, 2012
England
a) use recovery which supports both amend and edify scripting.
b) flash using fastboot like everyone normal on this forum does.

There is no other way.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I don't think you can really speak for "everyone normal". Or did you mean how it's "normally done"? Either way, there is a reason why amend isn't supported any more; an edify version could be made.

Last edited:

HTC Bravo

Sep 10, 2011
Desire correctly updated, latest radio/kernel.

If you've problems updating the last radio, just flash the cwm 2.5 , this has support for the lastest radio. After the update, your first recovery cames automaticaly and cwm 2.5 dissapear itself.

Hammerbak

Aug 24, 2010
Gentofte
Is there any change in which Radio to use depending on your current rom? I'm having some few connectivity issues that I want to try and fix and one way to do this is to try and update my Radio to newer one.

I'm usings Sandvolds ICS Rom v. 0.6.1.1.

Also, is there a way to check which Radio I'm currently using?

LA_

Sep 27, 2009
I know everyone has replied to this, but no one has given you an easy to do solution. So here we go.

If you have Rom Manager, open it - if not download it from Market.

Then go Install Rom From SD Card -> Select the radio zip file, and just flash. It should just simply install the new radio for you.

Good luck,
Mo.

I wanted to install latest radio with ClockworkMod Recovery v.5.0.2.0, but failed since it doesn't support scripting used there.
Then I've tried to install that with Rom Manager and it failed with the same error. What else should I try?

Last edited:

mattia.b89

Sep 22, 2010
Two questions:

1. Latest Radio could make my Desire unstable?
2. Just one month ago i was on official sense ROM without any hack. Why my radio wasn't updated to the latest version?
Thanks

sent from my NS

ph87

Apr 30, 2012
I wanted to install latest radio with ClockworkMod Recovery v.5.0.2.0, but failed since it doesn't support scripting used there.
Then I've tried to install that with Rom Manager and it failed with the same error. What else should I try?

Here is a German Tutorial (sorry for that):
http://www.brutzelstube.de/2012/edif...s-mittels-adb/

I had the same issue, did it with this tutorial and it worked good for me!

Short translation:

#1: Boot in the Fastboot menu (start with power+ volume down then fastboot)
#2: Install ADB http://www.brutzelstube.de/wp-conten.../adb-tools.zip
#2: Extract the "radio.img" from the Radio .zip file and copy it to the ADB folder
#3: Connect your mobilphone with the Computer, wait a few seconds then navigate with cmd to the ADB folder and put the following line in: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
#4: restart your phone

It worked for me!!!
If nothing works,... that will!!!

cv1ekas

Sep 8, 2010
Vilnius
tested all radio's and seem's that 5.09.05-30_2 is the best one,at least gps accuracy is much better than with other radio's and that is priority nr 1 for geocaching,and no problems with gb roms

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

downgrade radio from 5.17.05.23 to 5.09.05-30_2

tested all radio's and seem's that 5.09.05-30_2 is the best one,at least gps accuracy is much better than with other radio's and that is priority nr 1 for geocaching,and no problems with gb roms

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Hi i have htc desire with official android 2.3.3.i need to downgrade the radio from 5.17.05.23 to 5.09.05-30_2 .how to do that????.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have taken the time to put together all the radios available for the HTC Desire (GSM), all the radios have been packaged in recovery flashable zips.

I do not know which is best for battery life/performance so please discuss that below, if you find any radios I do not have listed please send me a message with the link so I can update the thread.

Note: Flashing RIL files will not improve battery, stability or enhance anything despite what people think, you are wasting your time, lookup what the RIL actually is and the example source code and you will see why.

Latest radio

Old radios
    5.10.05.17_2
    5.09.05.30_2

Old eclair radios
    4.06.00.16_2
    4.06.00.02_2
    4.05.00.30_2
    4.04.00.03_2

Instructions on how to flash the radios can be found here.

NOTE: If you have the Alpharev Oxygen or CM7 HBOOT then you will not be able to flash these files via recovery, quote from AlphaRev site below.
    If you downloaded Bravo Data++, please notice the /cache partition is too small to hold Radio flashes from recovery. You can however flash the radio just fine with 'fastboot flash radio radio.img'. Just extract the radio.img from the radio update.zip beforehand.

You need to have a rooted device to flash any of these radios, help with this can be found here.

Mirrors
    mofirouz.com
    How to flash the radios:

Make sure you have the usb driver installed from the android sdk

1. Turn your desire off
    2. Hold the back button and turn your desire on
    3. When you are at the white screen, make sure BOOTLOADER is selected and press the power button
    4. Wait a few seconds then press volume down to select RECOVERY and press the power button again
    5. When you are at the screen with the red triangle and the phone, plug in the usb cable
    6. Run the recovery-windows.bat script from modaco r5 root pack
    7. When the recovery menu appears select 'Flash zip from sdcard'
    8. Select the radio zip file and press the trackerball to confirm
    9. Press the trackerball over 'Reboot system now'
    10. When the radio image has finished being written unplug the usb cable
    11. The phone will reboot a couple of times and then return to a normal state with your new radio :)
    Radio posted

Hello all.

I have updated the website with the new radio (which is flashable).

http://www.mofirouz.com/wordpress/2011/03/htc-desire-radios/

As always, please have a look at the FAQ before posting questions and etc.

Thanks,
    Mo.
    Radio 5.17.05.23

http://www.multiupload.com/9QPO6P4MUK

Thanks to proxuser for this.

Just flash it over with
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    Here is a mirror for all the radio :

http://morcus.free.fr/xda/desire/radio/

You can direct link.

If you want me do add something to host, just PM.