[Q] overcharging your galaxy note 10.1

Search This thread

ZrPreZario

Jan 14, 2013
Does overcharging your galaxy note 10.1 affect your battery health condition? And does it shorten your battery life? I'm just so worried because I already overcharged it for 3 times in a row now....

txtmikhail

Oct 5, 2010
Virginia,USA
I ALWAYS over charge my devices and never had any issues..over charge at days at a time..You should be good..

Sent From Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 [N8013]

Reactions: Chocu1a

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
The Note has auto dection of when the battery is full and only trickle charges after its full. Shouldn't hurt too much but I wouldn't suggest leaving it on for weeks at a time....

SchickT

Mar 12, 2016
Yes - overcharging is possible!!! And it can shorten the lifetime of the device to a few seconds. Believe it or not, I killed two Samsung Note 10.1 tablets in just 2 weeks! One was electrocuted by using a fast charger (Output 5V 3A) and it died within 3 seconds. I sent it for repair, but it would have costed as much as a new one. The other one was slowly fryed to dead by leaving it connected to a charger overnight (5V 2A). In the morning, both the charger and the tablet were hot like hell, and the tablet refused to boot. Yes, call me stupid... Whether using only original Samsung chargers and cables is safer I don't know, but I reommend to be more carefull than I was.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ALWAYS over charge my devices and never had any issues..over charge at days at a time..You should be good..

Sent From Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 [N8013]