[Q] No front camera after android 4.4.2 update...!!

Search This thread

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
hello devs,

devs i have noticed a big bug and issue in my sprint htc one today...today i tried to open my front camera using camera app...first of all there was no option to switch cameras in the menu...also when i try to swipe the camera screen from the edges front camera was not opening...only flash turns on for a second or two and then turns off...

then i factory resetted my device...when i open the camera first time it says "Swipe from the edges to swich camera"..BUT STILL THE FRONT CAMERA IS NOT OPENING..I DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.

PLZ GUYZ HELP ME . I AM NOT ABLE TO USE FRONT CAMERA IN MY PHONE...IS THIS A SOFTWARE ISSUE OR HARDWARE ISSUE??

THANKSSS

SPRINT HTC ONE
ANDROID 4.4.2
HBOOT-1.56
OS-4.06.651.6
ROOTED

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Probably hardware issue. No one else complained for front camera

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

sir i think its not a hardware issue...beacuse i just ran 3.05.651.6 ruu (downgraded to android 4.3 jb)
and front camera was running correctly...but when i ran 4.06.651.4 ruu the camera is not working...i think the problem is with the android 4.4.2 ruu...

sir can u plzgive me a camera.apk from your phone so that i can install it and replace my current camera.apk

thankss sir

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
can anyone give me a camera.apk from your phone so that i can replace my current camera.apk??

plz guyz i am in serious issue..plz help me

thanks

rooted sprint htc one
android 4.4.2
os-4.06.651.6

Kraizk

Jul 30, 2011
American Canyon
hello devs,

devs i have noticed a big bug and issue in my sprint htc one today...today i tried to open my front camera using camera app...first of all there was no option to switch cameras in the menu...also when i try to swipe the camera screen from the edges front camera was not opening...only flash turns on for a second or two and then turns off...

then i factory resetted my device...when i open the camera first time it says "Swipe from the edges to swich camera"..BUT STILL THE FRONT CAMERA IS NOT OPENING..I DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.

PLZ GUYZ HELP ME . I AM NOT ABLE TO USE FRONT CAMERA IN MY PHONE...IS THIS A SOFTWARE ISSUE OR HARDWARE ISSUE??

THANKSSS

SPRINT HTC ONE
ANDROID 4.4.2
HBOOT-1.56
OS-4.06.651.6
ROOTED

Just tap the 3 dots on the top left and select it....

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Just tap the 3 dots on the top left and select it....

Sir there is no option of camera switching in the camera menu. I have tried swiping the screen many timse from the edges but still no luck. There are only options of- Photo capture mode, video capture mode and some settings like whitebalance, shutter sound, etc but no camera switching option...plz help me sir...can you plz provide me your phone's camera.apk so that i can replace it...plz extract ir from your phone and attach here...thankss sir

Sprint htc one
Rooted
Android 4.4.2
Os-4.06.651.6
Hboot-1.56

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
yte8aru2.jpg
if u can help me then u r most welcome otherwise no need to write unnecessary posts here...

If you are completely stock factory reset your phone and try again. If you are on a custom rom, try another one. If none works than your camera is broken. Nobody except for you has camera issues and there's no need to post camera.apk ir anything. It's a problem on your side

Last edited:
Reactions: jblaze10

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
yte8aru2.jpg

If you are completely stock factory reset your phone and try again. If you are on a custom rom, try another one. If none works than your camera is broken. Nobody except for you has camera issues and there's no need to post camera.apk ir anything. It's a problem on your side

Sir i have factory resetted my phone more than three times...Also tried running 4.06.651.4 ruu again and again...but still no luck...i am on stock rooted rom 4.4.2...i need your camera.apk...plz provide me sir..

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Don't install the camera. Do as I said copy it to /system/app and replace the old camera. Than change permissions. It's a system app and can'tbe installed that way

Sir i did exactly what you said. I replaced my current camera.apk and camera.odex with yours into system/app. Then i changed permissions as all other files are. Then i rebooted the device. But when the phone rebooted the camera was not installed. Now what to do?k

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Sir i think the problem is with the camera.odex you have provided. When i replaced only your camera.apk with my apk but not camera.odex the camera was installed but still there is no front camera option. Plz sir provide me another camera.odex. thanks sir

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Sir i think the problem is with the camera.odex you have provided. When i replaced only your camera.apk with my apk but not camera.odex the camera was installed but still there is no front camera option. Plz sir provide me another camera.odex. thanks sir

Sorry man but this is getting ridiculous. The camera app I provided works perfectly. The ruu works perfectly. So either you haven't ruu'd correctly, or your camera is broken. There are thousands users and everyone's camera is working. As for the camera app not showing try this. Flash it in recovery and than wipe caches https://www.dropbox.com/s/pic2job7nrsnl4o/Camera.zip

Reactions: jayas.mayank

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Sorry man but this is getting ridiculous. The camera app I provided works perfectly. The ruu works perfectly. So either you haven't ruu'd correctly, or your camera is broken. There are thousands users and everyone's camera is working. As for the camera app not showing try this. Flash it in recovery and than wipe caches https://www.dropbox.com/s/pic2job7nrsnl4o/Camera.zip

No luck sir. I think this is a hardware issue. I will check the service centre now. Any way thanks for your help sir

markhouston72

Aug 4, 2014
No luck sir. I think this is a hardware issue. I will check the service centre now. Any way thanks for your help sir

Hi Jayas,

Did you have any luck solving this one?. I am having the same issue as you are.

Totally stock (un-rooted) HTC One M7
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0

After upgrading to 4.4.2 about a month ago the camera stopped working immediately. When you open the Camera app you get a black screen, touching the screen where I know the controls are results in hearing the noises as you would expect. I installed Camera ZOOM FX and this gave me camera functionality back, but when I switch to record video I still get the same black screen after about 1 second of seeing through the view finder. All very frustrating.

Cheers,

Mark.

markhouston72

Aug 4, 2014
SOLVED my own issue

Hi Jayas,

Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0

After upgrading to 4.4.2 about a month ago the camera stopped working immediately. When you open the Camera app you get a black screen, touching the screen where I know the controls are results in hearing the noises as you would expect. I installed Camera ZOOM FX and this gave me camera functionality back, but when I switch to record video I still get the same black screen after about 1 second of seeing through the view finder. All very frustrating.

Cheers,

Mark.

OK after rooting and ROMing (Android Revolution) my HTC One M7 and still getting the same issue I decided to take a different tack. During the many re-boots during the rooting and ROMing process I noticed that sometimes the camera worked early after a re-boot but stopped working later. So using a task killer app I was able to track down the app that was causing the camera to show a black screen.

Believe it or not it was Ultimate Rotation Control which I was using in conjunction with tasker for some automations. The minute the app started up the camera would immediately fail. So uninstalled and, happy days, the camera is back to working order.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Mark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLVED my own issue

Hi Jayas,

Android 4.4.2
    HTC Sense 6.0

Cheers,

Mark.

OK after rooting and ROMing (Android Revolution) my HTC One M7 and still getting the same issue I decided to take a different tack. During the many re-boots during the rooting and ROMing process I noticed that sometimes the camera worked early after a re-boot but stopped working later. So using a task killer app I was able to track down the app that was causing the camera to show a black screen.

Believe it or not it was Ultimate Rotation Control which I was using in conjunction with tasker for some automations. The minute the app started up the camera would immediately fail. So uninstalled and, happy days, the camera is back to working order.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Mark
    Probably hardware issue. No one else complained for front camera

yte8aru2.jpg
    if u can help me then u r most welcome otherwise no need to write unnecessary posts here...

It makes no sense but here you go. You said you are stock so here is the odexed camera. Copy this files to /system/app and change permissions to rw/r/r https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow5tkyooyxkudo0/Camera.apk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/leqxkbnizzp1qfl/Camera.odex