Search This thread

HothTron

Mar 13, 2014
Beat this

QmX6MWt.jpg

Reactions: djrysk

chipworkz

Dec 28, 2011
I get over 300 when I am in the same room as my router and on the 5 GHz connection.

MajorTom_

Feb 17, 2011
What internet are you guys paying for and how do you get such great speeds?
I can't even get over 10 down.

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
Has to be fibre optic

those speeds are insanely awesome.

How I envy you guys, imagine how much work and how fast I can get things done with speeds like that.

wow!

Last edited:

HothTron

Mar 13, 2014

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
Disconnect from your schools wifi and see how fast it goes.

EDIT: Also, what's the point of hiding your IP address and not your latitude and longitude?

headshok

Oct 11, 2007
MN

My previous photo is from where I work, we have a 1Gb fiber connection, I have seen speedtests as high as 260Mbps on my Note3. On my coworkers new Macbook Pro he can get about 300Mbps from the same access point (Aruba ap-225 AC). Wired and when the students are off campus, I can get 800Mbps, so there is some bottleneck with the wireless throughput, but the Note 3 is nearly as good as the MBP, which is really something!

whoops forgot photo of wired speedtest

Attachments

• speedtest.JPG
    speedtest.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:

chipworkz

Dec 28, 2011
Is that actually outside your wifi network or just internal? Big difference

I noticed he was referring to his internet connection in the screenshot after I posted. The title indicates the WIFI speed capacity the Note 3 will handle not who has the fastest internet connection. My internet is only 30 down and 5 up which is still plenty fast. The highest link speed on the WIFI connection on my note 3 was 384 I believe. I have an AC router and that is on the 5GHz connection. The 2.4GHz isn't as fast.

My previous photo is from where I work, we have a 1Gb fiber connection, I have seen speedtests as high as 260Mbps on my Note3. On my coworkers new Macbook Pro he can get about 300Mbps from the same access point (Aruba ap-225 AC). Wired and when the students are off campus, I can get 800Mbps, so there is some bottleneck with the wireless throughput, but the Note 3 is nearly as good as the MBP, which is really something!

I never thought I'd hate someone for their bandwidth, but you, sir, have earned it. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

headshok

Oct 11, 2007
MN
I noticed he was referring to his internet connection in the screenshot after I posted. The title indicates the WIFI speed capacity the Note 3 will handle not who has the fastest internet connection. My internet is only 30 down and 5 up which is still plenty fast. The highest link speed on the WIFI connection on my note 3 was 384 I believe. I have an AC router and that is on the 5GHz connection. The 2.4GHz isn't as fast.

We have done lots of testing on link speed vs actual throughput at work, and even the MacBook Pro's with new AC wireless cards to our Aruba ap-225's say 800Mbps link speed, but we are lucky to pull 400Mbps in local file transfer tests. The AC speeds are all theoretical, actual transfer will likely never be close to link speed, but the firmware on our Arubas is still not optimal, so I know that is our bottleneck.

Limeybastard

DAFAQ :eek:
I obviously must have been living in a tree like a hermit since the 21st century came along. I was not even aware of speeds via wi fi like this.

HAHA and this was me thinking my 30 meg up and 2 meg down was lightning. :p

mardukeme

Oct 2, 2006
Newington
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Well I'm in Mexico right now and the Hotel's WiFi reminds of the Dial Up days. Right now I'll take any of the slowest speeds posted. I think I'm getting less then 1mb dowbload. This trip made me appreciate how far data speeds have come in the U.S.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disconnect from your schools wifi and see how fast it goes.

EDIT: Also, what's the point of hiding your IP address and not your latitude and longitude?

That Lat & Lon is only accurate enough to get you within a general area around (as in encompassing) the city they live. You'd have to get much more accurate data to actually find even the building they live.

In surveying we generally use eight digits (to the hundredth of a second) for most non critical jobs. For realty, or other projects that have to be extremely accurate, we use nine or even ten digits.

Just fyi from your friendly neighborhood land surveying professional.