Screen discoloration on charging in phils recovery mode

Search This thread

rbanavara

Mar 21, 2014
I was using adb shell when phone was in philz recovey mode. It was in that state for around 2 to 2.5 hr. It was connected to PC through USB cable and so was being charged as well. After that I noticed there were vertical colored lines across the screen (this I had seen some one else also faced charging the phone while its switched off on cyanogen mod). This is temporary though and goes off if the phone is swithed off and kept aside for sometime (am not sure if there is any longterm effects). Has anyone know why yhis happens?

aaa839

Jul 23, 2012
This could happen in off-mode recharge too
It may due to overheated or overbrightest that hurt our LCD display
It has been a long term problem but no one want and know how to fix
What we can do is just left the screen runing and charging on normal boot,it should left out the decolorize around the screen after some hours or days later
Last time i sent my phone back to the Samsung customer care for fix during this problem
Of course it require very expensive amound...

Last edited:

rbanavara

Mar 21, 2014
Thank you aaa839. I was trying to use adb while in philz recovery, which was charging as well simultaneously.

I will try to use aurora terminal, instead of adb shell (that would avoid USB charging). I was trying to find and remove some crapware from recovery.

SInce I am on stock ROM now, with philz recovery, I dont have any discoloration while charging with when turned off / while it fully booted.

aaa839

Jul 23, 2012
Thank you aaa839. I was trying to use adb while in philz recovery, which was charging as well simultaneously.

I will try to use aurora terminal, instead of adb shell (that would avoid USB charging). I was trying to find and remove some crapware from recovery.

SInce I am on stock ROM now, with philz recovery, I dont have any discoloration while charging with when turned off / while it fully booted.

If you are using Stock rom,using cwm istead of philz touch recovery...
I use philz touch before also have this problem

rbanavara

Mar 21, 2014
moved to Epsylon CWM 6.0.2

I have flashed expylon CWM 6.0.2 and sofar its working good (have not noticed any doscoloration for 30mins)