[Boot Animations] Nexus 5 Style HTC Boot Up/Down Animation

Search This thread

seyidaga

Dec 5, 2012
Baku, Azerbaijan
I thought the regular HTC boot up/down was boring so I took the one on Nexus 5 and edited it a little bit :p I've included some previews too! Hope you guys like it :)

Lags on the black one are fixed :3 Something I can't say about the white one :( Hope you guys like it :)

The ones on the left are boot up animations the ones on the left are shut down animations :)

nXC0cJ.gif
ktVA_s.gif

l40sHt.gif
EmGqai.gif

Download Links:
Black Boot
Black Shut Down
White Boot Up
White Shut Down

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Can these be dragged to system/customize/resource ? I know on the M7 thats all ya had to do ,plus change permissions. It looks like the stock ones are labeled hTC_bootup_one.zip and hTC_downanimation.zip

Also to install these I believe you need to be bootloader unlocked and rooted,but I could be wrong..can anyone clarify?

noname55804

Jan 4, 2013
Hamburg
So as nobody answers i had to think myself.

Could it be:

Code:
fastboot flash bootanimation.zip

and

Code:
fastboot flash splash.zip

Please, can anyone say if i´m right or not :/

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
why dont you just try what I posted since noone else is replying

Make nandroid
copy these to your SD card and rename accordingly
Drag and drop them to system/customize/resource
fix permissions
reboot

see if that works (thats how I used to do it on my M7)

Reactions: noname55804

noname55804

Jan 4, 2013
Hamburg

Make nandroid
fix permissions
reboot

Thanks for answering :D I think I didn't read your post completly and I saw yesterday that boot animations are in the path that you mentioned and not in system/media as I'm used to it :D

So I will try it :p

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 11
Thanks for answering :D I think I didn't read your post completly and I saw yesterday that boot animations are in the path that you mentioned and not in system/media as I'm used to it :D

So I will try it :p

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8

On My M8 GPe, it's still /system/media
Change the downloaded file name to bootanimation.zip
Set permissions RW-R-R
Make sure you save the original bootanimation (I usually add .bak to the original files)
It worked fine on my M8 GPe edition. Sense Version may still be at: /system/customize/resource
Thanks

dressanderc

Mar 24, 2009
Nashville, TN
On My M8 GPe, it's still /system/media
Change the downloaded file name to bootanimation.zip
Set permissions RW-R-R
Make sure you save the original bootanimation (I usually add .bak to the original files)
It worked fine on my M8 GPe edition. Sense Version may still be at: /system/customize/resource
Thanks

This didn't seem to work for me. Side question: What's the difference between the bootanimation.zip vs the hTC_bootup_one.zip?

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 11
This didn't seem to work for me. Side question: What's the difference between the bootanimation.zip vs the hTC_bootup_one.zip?

Its the same thing with different name. boot animations name is used for GPe ROMs and other for sense-based roms.

Set the permission to RW-R-R as mentioned in the previous post, you should be good to go. Alternately, you can find some other bootanimations under M8 themes section.

Reactions: dressanderc

capeman316

Oct 21, 2013
Ponce
www.protechpro.com
I thought the regular HTC boot up/down was boring so I took the one on Nexus 5 and edited it a little bit :p I've included some previews too! Hope you guys like it :)

Lags on the black one are fixed :3 Something I can't say about the white one :( Hope you guys like it :)

The ones on the left are boot up animations the ones on the left are shut down animations :)

nXC0cJ.gif
ktVA_s.gif

l40sHt.gif
EmGqai.gif

Download Links:
Black Boot
Black Shut Down
White Boot Up
White Shut Down

Can you post mirrors please, dropbox says it reached its limit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

nXC0cJ.gif
    ktVA_s.gif

l40sHt.gif
    EmGqai.gif

Download Links:
    Black Boot
    Black Shut Down
    White Boot Up
    White Shut Down
    For me adding in the "Powered By: Android" logo would just make this perfect! ;) Anyway you can do that?

lol I thought people hated that :D Of course I can but I am busy these days :silly: Maybe when get some free time :)

Make nandroid
    fix permissions
    reboot

Its the same thing with different name. boot animations name is used for GPe ROMs and other for sense-based roms.

Set the permission to RW-R-R as mentioned in the previous post, you should be good to go. Alternately, you can find some other bootanimations under M8 themes section.