i9305 no mobile signal..what else can i try ?

Search This thread

loady

Mar 20, 2010
surrey
I Have had this i9305 now without mobile signal, with a vodaphone it did used to show signal but in all cases it always says 'no mobile networks' or 'not registered on network' i have tried with every sim i can think of... it was suggested to flash a stock rom which i did..this made no difference, i then tried installing CM11 and followed the guide to the letter.

I know this phone is not blacklisted as i checked with the imei, i have tried flashing different modems but to be honest im not sure what i am flashing to it..i have tried three different ones now starting with XX as i am in uk...i really dont know if i have missed something or doing something drastically wrong..i have read and read and usualy i would have had this resolved by now...can anyone please help me as i want to give this handset to my girlfriend for a present very soon so we can keep in touch..i am at my wits end with it:crying:

Thanks

Magik_Breezy

Oct 15, 2012
OnePlus 7
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Try an emergency restore through Samsung Kies - this should eliminate any software related problem. Sounds to be a hardware problem though so get Triangleaway going and send it for repair if that doesn't work.

.NetRolller 3D

Jul 15, 2012
Budapest
Flash 4.1.2, then enable and disable the LTE-only mode hack in the hidden service menu (the *#2263# one, not *#*#4636#*#*). (If you have root, you can also access that menu in 4.3 or even the 4.4.2 port, but it's a bit more involved.)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

loady

Mar 20, 2010
surrey
Try an emergency restore through Samsung Kies - this should eliminate any software related problem. Sounds to be a hardware problem though so get Triangleaway going and send it for repair if that doesn't work.

it won't let me do that as it doesn't list the phone as needing an emergency recovery. I flashed a stock rom and the signal is showing but it keeps saying not registered on network.. if I do a search it finds providers but when I opt for the provider of the sim it just perpetually spins at registering on network.

Flash 4.1.2, then enable and disable the LTE-only mode hack in the hidden service menu (the *#2263# one, not *#*#4636#*#*). (If you have root, you can also access that menu in 4.3 or even the 4.4.2 port, but it's a bit more involved.)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

when you say 4.1.2 which rom.. A stock one or a custom.. could you point me please ?.. The stock rom I have flashed is 4.1.3 I didn't flash a radio after as being stock it would be there already ??

Last edited:

loady

Mar 20, 2010
surrey
Have just followed a guide to root this unit, upon installing root checker it says this device does not have proper root, Odin reports that everything went ok and i get the red pirate android..when the phone boots a pop up comes up saying unfortunatley SU has stopped working... not sure whether KNOX is stopping this ?

Aug 19, 2014
no network.

Hellow to you all.
I have got a problem in my s3 LTE.
After installed several rooms my lte not register in WCDMA network.
The mobile phone was from a french network. Bouygues and was unlocked in portugal.
i have got many problems with this phone but i like it very mutch.
the problem that bothers me the most is that i only make and receive calls with full network.
The WCDMA was not working but i allready fix it. Now when i turn to wcdma only it says not register in networck.
the only backup i have from the EFS folder was made by copy- paste and i think the problem was allready there and now i think i had brocken my phone. can you help me???
Excuse my englisb.

loady

Mar 20, 2010
surrey
Hellow to you all.
I have got a problem in my s3 LTE.
After installed several rooms my lte not register in WCDMA network.
The mobile phone was from a french network. Bouygues and was unlocked in portugal.
i have got many problems with this phone but i like it very mutch.
the problem that bothers me the most is that i only make and receive calls with full network.
The WCDMA was not working but i allready fix it. Now when i turn to wcdma only it says not register in networck.
the only backup i have from the EFS folder was made by copy- paste and i think the problem was allready there and now i think i had brocken my phone. can you help me???
Excuse my englisb.

please start your own thread as it is not relevant to mine.

loady

Mar 20, 2010
surrey
Someone's suggested this phone is barred.. I have run a check which says it's not blocked but it's been suggested that this is unreliable...I have bars showing but just never registered on network.

jiggajigga88

Dec 25, 2012
hey loady,
did you manage to solve theproblem? i have the same problem since roughly 3 weeks. but honestly, i didnt put much effort in fixing it.
i found a big thread a while ago where the problem is solved... i'll look for it