Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl

New HTC Duo Touch Apps for our..... Elfs, Artemises and whatnots.

Im did not make these Apps, I didn't even make them Work (just parts).
This thread is another good example of the good people roaming XDA helping out where they can to get the newest stuff on Phone's that might never see these apps officially.
So please think about the free time people spend in doing this and think about that only constructive and elaborate explanations of problems can help get you a better app. Or even better maybe a solution;)

Now.....................

The coolest would be HTC Album.

really nice new way to show of your fav pic's
Now it will take a bit of practice to get zooming but
Zoom = Not to quick and full clockwise circle.
Zoom Out = Double Tap
Screenshots
HTC_Album_RUS_and_ENG.rar
Thanks to the Link from JUVS.
Here's a fixed English version with the Help files included.
Here's a Multi Device Cab installer. (By bfjosue)

View all Pictures on SD Card settings
(other trick is to rename My Pictures on SD to _My Pictures)

Here's a version (CAB) that installs two links in Programs\Multimedia.
One for Landscape one for Portrait. Also the default close action is to close app from Memory. It installs dll's, Exe and Help file to storage card. And the Skin Files, link to help file and Graphics go to Windows Folder. This saves 50% of total installation to ROM.

OEM package MM WWE.

Not working on Wizard WM5 and one report of this not working on Wizard WM6.
Artemis and Touch have been confirmed working.

HTC Random Acces

New Shell around Contacts sort of like PocketCM contacts.
Download OEM Package Mapped to Right SoftKey
Manual Install Instructions

Random Acces That replaces Default Contacts without Softkey Mapping Cab Installer. (By evermick)
I'll be making a Cab installer Shortly. (still had no time for this)

Endkey
Propably the most boring App from the bunch.
Screenshots
OEM Package for Endkey
English Cab For Endkey By cerede2000
French Cab For EndKey By cerede2000

HTC KeyBoard
Good new way to enter text quicker.
Cab Installer WWE
OEM Package
Extra Language Files
(just copy your needed files into Windows Folder on Device)
If you want to install The Full 40 keys Keyboard without t8 prediction take a look at this thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1627775&postcount=280
New Cab installer with all the languages working. (mmblanco)

Action Screen
Not as useless as EndKey. It gives you screen with some handy stuff to do.
This is supposed to pop up when you slide the DUo Touch Keypad open so it might be that you don't need the settings files.
Screenshot
OEM Package. (not fully working yet, At least not on ELF it might run on Artemis)Updated version
New Version of Action Screen OEM
Cab Installer Link
(please test and verify working devices)

Network Folder Plugin

Not sure it comes from Duo Touch but it's cool anyway.
Screenshots
cab.gif
JUVS HTC Network Plugin_mui_0409.cab
New Keyboard Link coming

Other Files Maybe needed:
Duo touch.dll (screwed up my ELF BTW not cooked but installed through Cab)
Skin.XMl files for AS and Some Dll's

For those that want to check the other available language just download this package from this thead.
http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=112

TNX to a very special friend of XDA, To Tom_Codon, GULLUM, Koala996, Me ;), whistler-nl, cool6324, theloanranger, jizy, heavenhim, cerede2000, maxniper, bfjosue, TheLoon, evermick, Again GULLUM ( he's done the biggest and best job with his contributions, respect), HMA4, mmblanco, Xplode, I'm now going to test Cab installer based on 's OEM package for Actionscreen. And make new Cab for Keyboard WWE.

And other good news an regular ELF has been spotted with the new Apps so there might be more compatible files in that one.

Please report wrong or updated links as these come from different posts in the thread.

Attachments

• 300_HTC_Random_Acces.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 5,952
Last edited:

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
It works, almost.

Once you map "lock" to the long press, it seems that no other settings you try will overwrite it.

Used SoftKey to restore Contacts rather than EndKey on the screen, but EndKey is still in control of the long keypress on the right hardware key.

Tried to un-install from Settings, couldn't complete the uninstallation.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Lock is the default behaviour for Longpress of Right SoftKey ;)

So setting Endkey up for that behaviour is pretty useless.

Yes you remove it from the Remove Software list (Post before that)

Nope Un installed great here, but you probaply meant that it kept the Longpress of Red Key still locking device with that.

Last edited:

drj

Jul 27, 2003
You must have access to the touch dual....

How about copying the new HTC keyboard CAB's...

PLEASE !!!!!

whistler-nl

Oct 1, 2007
Amsterdam
Installed this app on my touch but i'm not sure why i should'nt remove it?

The airplane mode is'nt used that much by 99% of the touch owners, to lock the device we have the red phone button, to terminate a connection one could use the icons on the top bar, the vibrate function can be easely accessed when you have the 5 or 6 tab home (see last screenshot) and finally the settings wont allow you to customise it (yet)?

endkeyapp.bmp
endkeysettings.bmp
htchome.bmp

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Installed this app on my touch but i'm not sure why i should'nt remove it?

The airplane mode is'nt used that much by 99% of the touch owners, to lock the device we have the red phone button, to terminate a connection one could use the icons on the top bar, the vibrate function can be easely accessed when you have the 5 or 6 tab home (see last screenshot) and finally the settings wont allow you to customise it (yet)?

I totally agree it's a useless app, but you know how some people can be, they always want the newest. And i think officially it's suposed to replace the long press of Red Phone button An the ither hand the right soft key set to contects is also a totla waste of softkey button ;).

Oh and for the previous post, there are no cab's, believe me i would have posted them first thing.

Ot the moment the Duo Touch doesn't have Ext Rom like Kaiser it seems. Which mean most of the extra apps are not installed from ext rom, which means no cabs. It's just a challenge to get them out before HTC releases it ;)

I really hpoe the keyboard is possible to port.

And no i don't have acces to a Duo. I'm actually someone comes with a solution and mybe some devopers figure out how to chenge the functions.

Ringtone of 2 clicks vs 2 clicks.
Airplane 2 clicks VS 2 clicks but endkey is faster. (faster even when its mapped to red button)
Vibrate 2 clicks VS 2 clicks but endkey is faster. (faster even when its mapped to red button)
LongPress 1 hold vs 2 Clicks.
Terminate Connections 2 clicks vs not working (again hope that by putting up what i have that somone finds out why)

It's not super usefull but it's new.
Also don't like the fact that it doesn't run from SD as it looks for graphics in Windows Folder and it again fills up windows with even more files.

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
The big thing I'm looking forward to from the Dual is the new zooming/fat button taskbar. Hopefully HTC will carry that over to the regular Touch too.

Anything that'll help keep the stylus in its slot is a big deal to me.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Looking at history of HTC and Win Mobile that doesn't seem likely that's why it's so great there are people here trying to rip it out and make it compatible.

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I third that.
(Quote)
Wholy Cow Batman It Looks Almost To Easy,.....
(End Quote)
Updated First thread with Keyboard to.

koala996

Sep 18, 2007
Bruxelles-Brussels

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
How can i install the Touch Dual Keyboard????

Thanks

There is a german version of Keyboard to BTW

But at the moment i din't think that putting a lot of time into an actual cab installer was worth it as the Keyboard just isn't finished yet.

That's why i wrote
If some one wants to create CAB's go ahead.

You could also just trow all files into windows directory and add the Registry settings manually found in the rgu file but i would advise it.
(unless you like doing this of course)

the zip is for cooking roms ... you can try to cook your own rom or you can try to find a rom with the HTC keyboard in it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=331155

this one is the best rom I have ever known .... ! but it is a WWE rom.
the HTC Keyboard is also WWE .. I think that you can't have the german keyboard working.

Found One Bug Dammit.
So you didn't get French Keyboard to Work then?

koala996

Sep 18, 2007
Bruxelles-Brussels
Found One Bug Dammit.
So you didn't get French Keyboard to Work then?

which bug ??

... mmh.. well.. it is working but there are some ... weird things !
I'd like to know if you have the same issue with the ENGLISH keyboard.
(I have both English and French keyboard.. it's nice... I just have to switch language when I want to write in french or english :p greaaat).

There is no french dictionnary .. "weiiird" preloaded... so it reacts like the 123 keyboard and I have to choose "new word" all the time.. to create every word ! I have not the same issue with the english dictionnary .. WEIRD ! I don't think I need a file for that.. but maybe there is something I need to change in RGU but I don't see where... grrr.

I have put the Keyboard as default Sip and guess what... it causes issue ! grr... when I have put it as default .. both Keypad and Keyboard were not usable... (no xt9, abc and 123 choice.... just the "Sym" mode and can't go back to other mode... GRRRR) but in fact....I'm not sure that the issue comes from there.. because it appears after a soft-reset... and guess what ... the next soft-reset has no issue... and the next soft-reset makes the issue appears again GRRRR what the **** ?

But ...... there is something REALLY annoying with the keyboard is that I just have 3 buttons in the "Sym" mode ... yeah....
"shift" (bottom left) "sym" (at the bottom center) and "<-" (at the bottom right) ..... i have (.. let me count that) ... 34 empty buttons ! why???? .. I have the same issue with French and English keyboard...

I need more tests... but I'm not sure if I can solve those issue.. but when the keyboard is working it's reallyyyy nice !

Can you test the "sym" button and see if you get the sym panel working perfectly ? thanks !

koala996

Sep 18, 2007
Bruxelles-Brussels
i need to know how it works for you (the keyboard and keypad)

I want to know if you have something using "SYM" button ...
and I want to know if you know what to change for having the french dictionnary :(... I have the dictionnary for english when I'm in english keyboard... but when I go to french keyboard I have nothing !! grr... and now it does not save my own worrds... GRRR... don't know what to do :(

Noonski

Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I'm putting priority on SPC fixes first.

Symbol Pad is working Fine Here but i think i know what you mean.
And there might be a sollution.

Cobra2

Jul 1, 2007
Odense
hay all

Does the Touch Dual Keyboard come with an international T9 ?? Thinkin more of the DANISH lang. any1 knows if it is included ?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help with HTC keyboard

does anyone know why there is a system notification taskbar icon appears every time i'm in text editing mode in any program?
    or it is normal for htc?
    thank you in advance.