[Q] So.. Is the Galaxy Note slower and more laggy than GS II?

Search This thread

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010
Hi dear,

I just read some posts that said Galaxy Note has some lags when scrolling and opening some apps..

So I want to ask the owners of GNote, do you really feel it's slower and more laggy than GS II?

If it's because of the resolution of the screen, would it be fixed in the future with ICS?

I need answers today as I was almost gonna get Note tomorrow morning but these posts make me confused...

It has better spec (actually almost identical to GS II) but doesn't feel good when scrolling? That sucks! As a owner of iPhone 4, I do not like that lag feeling..

blobotorian

Oct 27, 2011
If you have any second thoughts, just wait a while. Don't go buying like crazy.

But, is a small lag (that will probably be fixed at a later date) a real deal breaker? Coming from the Apple platform i think you will be blown away by the device.

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010

But, is a small lag (that will probably be fixed at a later date) a real deal breaker? Coming from the Apple platform i think you will be blown away by the device.

Cool man.
I got it. It's not a real deal breaker, of course.
I'm going to get it due to its beautiful display.

Kevincod

May 9, 2011
Not sure where you get these rumours from! I have both and I have no lag at all. If anything it feels quicker then the SII but its hard to tell because both are lightning fast.

Last edited:

kersh

Oct 28, 2007
What it is laggy in the phone?

All of them or the scroll in touchwiz? If its all of them I think that will not be solution.

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010

Not sure where you get these rumours from! I have both and I have no lag at all. If anything it feels quicker then the SII but its hard to tell because both are lightning fast.

Really?

I just read it today in one thread....
And some owners said when they scroll the screen on home screen it's kinda more laggy than sgs II...

By the way, how is the text on browser?
Is it crisp and clear which can read without zooming in?
Can it be comparable to iPhone 4 screen?
Please let me know about it before I purchase tomorrow!:)

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
59cc9907-286c-a92c.jpg
Really?

I just read it today in one thread....
And some owners said when they scroll the screen on home screen it's kinda more laggy than sgs II...

By the way, how is the text on browser?
Is it crisp and clear which can read without zooming in?
Can it be comparable to iPhone 4 screen?
Please let me know about it before I purchase tomorrow!:)

Crisp text without zooming in...i have both i4s and note. ..prefer note for everything

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jorkobe23

anath

Mar 5, 2006
Just now I went into the Dubai mall Samsung store and played around with the 4 galaxy note units on display for an hour. I was gutted to see how laggy they all were. Web browsing (once page was fully loaded) and gallery app were simply not as responsive as the SG2 next to them. Also the pentile screen as much as I hate saying it but it simply is not as crisp. The difference is visible

My experience is very different to some of the comments here

I'm so disappointed - the form factor is great, it really is thin and light. I thought this would be my next device.

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010
Just now I went into the Dubai mall Samsung store and played around with the 4 galaxy note units on display for an hour. I was gutted to see how laggy they all were. Web browsing (once page was fully loaded) and gallery app were simply not as responsive as the SG2 next to them. Also the pentile screen as much as I hate saying it but it simply is not as crisp. The difference is visible

I'm so disappointed - the form factor is great, it really is thin and light. I thought this would be my next device.

Oh I see..

So do you think it's worth to get galaxy s II more than galaxy note?

I was worrying about the pentile screen on galaxy note but some said it wouldn't be a problem...

I can't see this device in real even if I really want to.

But, although it's not as responsive as sgs II, does it have any lags?

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL

Attachments

• SC20111030-113136.jpg
    SC20111030-113136.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Reactions: Techvir

chowdarygm

Sep 4, 2009
Chicago, IL
And dont bother about occassiinal lags people brag about...its with almost every phone with first released software whivh can be solved with an update

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010
Yeah.

Thank you very much for advice:)
But is it significantly Bette than sgs II do you think?
And the pic you upload is honestly almost invisible.... Hm...
What about battery life?

Dont have the phone yet, but i ask people who have SGSII and comparing that to note.

Is ur SGSII on the stock firmware. Most of the minor bugs have been cleaned out and phone has been made super responsive and fast thanks to XDA.

Even the latest firmware from samsung seems to fix the earlier glitches.

So if GNote feels a little lagging, wont be a surprise to me.
Give it some time.

marianoitalianoo

Sep 5, 2010
I had Samsung Galaxy S2 and now I have Samsung Galaxy Note and it is smooth like a charm :)

but only in touch wizz launcher. All others launchers (GO-L, L-PRO, ADW-L) are a bit laggy, probably not optimized for such resolution. But anyway I love the phone and I am glad that I sold SGS2. The screen is just amazing.

An U really have to be an idiot to chose iCrap over this beauty.

blobotorian

Oct 27, 2011

Perhaps the notes needed a reboot. Who knows what kind of horrible persons used them before you. They could probably use a few milliseconds of sleep...

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

An U really have to be an idiot to chose iCrap over this beauty.

I think you just tricked the Global Apple Laser Satellite from killing you.
Thank god you didn't say Ipho--- Vzzzt---

jorkobe23

Sep 27, 2010
I just got it this morning!!
I was so suprised by the size of Galaxy Note!
Its not a typical size phone lol
And when I compared with gs II, scrolling was similar but speed was faster.
I mean when both are on wifi, webloading and youtube was faster on Note.
But I feel it's a bit laggy especially on browser..
And usage of ram is too much.. almost 700 mb after playing 3 hours.

pachi72

Nov 18, 2008
Miami
I just got it this morning!!
I was so suprised by the size of Galaxy Note!
Its not a typical size phone lol
And when I compared with gs II, scrolling was similar but speed was faster.
I mean when both are on wifi, webloading and youtube was faster on Note.
But I feel it's a bit laggy especially on browser..
And usage of ram is too much.. almost 700 mb after playing 3 hours.

What you mean laggy on browser? And about the ram?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts