[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Search This thread

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
For those of you that prefer CWM over TWRP, today is your lucky day. CWM Recovery has been officially released for the Tmobile Galaxy Note 2.

Instructions for flashing via mobile Odin:

I'm not responsible if you bork your phone. If you are unsure of what you are doing, simply download and install directly from ROM Manager.

1) Always create a backup
2) Download the recovery of your choice (Touch or Non-Touch)
3) Download and install Mobile Odin from the Google Play Store
4) Rename the recovery imagines to "recovery" without the quotes, and copy to your phone (internal memory or extSDCard)
5) Load up Mobile Odin and grant SU permission and download files as instructed to update for this device.
6) Simply select "Recovery" and browse to the recovery.img file on your phone.
7) Scroll down and select "Flash Firmware"

That's about it.

If you want to flash via terminal use the following command

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

ALL CREDIT GOES TO KOUSH. Check out his site here

CWM Touch v6.0.2.5
CWM non-touch v6.0.2.4

Last edited:

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
I was hoping for official CWM recovery for our Note II variant and voila, here it is! No more needing to install the GT-N7100 versions!! Hopefully, these bugs get fixed soon.

exalgopana

Dec 17, 2012
Ive had cwm on my nite since october....si whats all this about. Please enlighten me. In fact I think i have version 6.1.5.0 or something like that

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
Ive had cwm on my nite since october....si whats all this about. Please enlighten me. In fact I think i have version 6.1.5.0 or something like that

That version of CWM is intended for the international Note II (GT-N7100) and not ours. Even though it works with our phones (running 6.0.1.9), it'd be more preferred to have a recovery that supports our variant version.

votum

Jul 31, 2008
Yeah I've also always had cwm. 7105 and all us variants are identical

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Version 6.0.1.5 was for the international but it worked on ours as well and mounted everything correctly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
And that's why you shouldn't "hurry up and be the first one to post" something before even testing it's functionality.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone uses CWM. Now you are aware that Koush is building for our device. I appreciate your negative comment...

I was providing useful information.

exalgopana

Dec 17, 2012
I like cwm. I've become a little biased to cwm from my gnex days when I think I spent now time in cwm that in android from flashing roms all the time. I never was able to keep any data on the phone because I was always wipe wipe wiping everything haha

sippy_mo

Jan 14, 2008
Thanks for the post. Is there a reason to upgrade from the 7100 CWM recovery that's already on my phone?

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

I haven't used T889 CMW so can't compare the two precisely, but the 7100 CMW didn't backup efs partition and stuff whereas TWRP does. And that alone was enough for me to switch.

Reactions: Warrior1975

exalgopana

Dec 17, 2012
Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.

I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

Koush is extremely talented no doubt about that, but things have changed. Rom manager used to be great before 4.0. Now everything has become so mainstream and easy. The shelf life of that app is beyond over. Apps don't last forever. Sometimes it's because of os evolution and other times it's because of dwindling interest on the dev's part . That's how new apps are released.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed

Oh really? Never heard of it. Will have to read up on it. Thanks.

vibrantliker

TWRP Bootloop

I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

hmm really? Never encountered this myself. It's hard for recovery to get corrupt, unless the addon messed up that partition. Are you on the latest version (2.3.3.1) ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you that prefer CWM over TWRP, today is your lucky day. CWM Recovery has been officially released for the Tmobile Galaxy Note 2.

Instructions for flashing via mobile Odin:

I'm not responsible if you bork your phone. If you are unsure of what you are doing, simply download and install directly from ROM Manager.

1) Always create a backup
    2) Download the recovery of your choice (Touch or Non-Touch)
    3) Download and install Mobile Odin from the Google Play Store
    4) Rename the recovery imagines to "recovery" without the quotes, and copy to your phone (internal memory or extSDCard)
    5) Load up Mobile Odin and grant SU permission and download files as instructed to update for this device.
    6) Simply select "Recovery" and browse to the recovery.img file on your phone.
    7) Scroll down and select "Flash Firmware"

That's about it.

If you want to flash via terminal use the following command

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

ALL CREDIT GOES TO KOUSH. Check out his site here

CWM Touch v6.0.2.5
    CWM non-touch v6.0.2.4
    And that's why you shouldn't "hurry up and be the first one to post" something before even testing it's functionality.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone uses CWM. Now you are aware that Koush is building for our device. I appreciate your negative comment...

I was providing useful information.

That version of CWM is intended for the international Note II (GT-N7100) and not ours. Even though it works with our phones (running 6.0.1.9), it'd be more preferred to have a recovery that supports our variant version.
    Oi ptfdmedic.

Long time, no Epic 4G.
    personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed