[Q] Broken screen - how to unroot, reset counter and factory reset

Search This thread

Kri$

Feb 29, 2012
Wrocław
Hello all !! :)
I had a little problem with my phone. Somebody hit my pocket and I have broken screen. I think it's completely broken, screen is black, no touch response, nothing, zero, null :(
Phone is visible via adb and I successfully downloaded all my personal data from phone memory to my pc.

I want to sell this phone, but first I need to clear phone memory (my apps, my setting, my photos), because I can pay and repair it in Samsung Poland and keep my warranty.

Phone is rooted, has custom rom and pattern lock. I know how to flash stock rom via Odin, but it doesn't help me with binary counter.
What can I do? Need to make factory reset (I don't want pattern lock anymore), make counter reset (from 1 to 0) and unroot (is it possible via Odin)?

Thank you guys a lot for your help

There's picture of my phone :(

n7100_broken_screen1.jpg

n7100_broken_screen2.jpg

Last edited:

jacob_stallone1

May 23, 2013
Hi, hmm..
If you reflash your stock ROM you'll wipe the data.. so best way is to reflash the stock ROM and thats how u unroot too. But not sure how for resetting counter with no screen.
Give me A THANKS button if i helped

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kri$

Feb 29, 2012
Wrocław
@up, ok my fault, flash stock rom will unroot my phone, but I don't think that it will wipe my data...

jacob_stallone1

May 23, 2013
but I don't think that it will wipe my data...

Yes it will. Flashing a stock ROM will delete everything, phone becomes fresh and new.nothing inside it.
Flash the ROM via Odin 3. I know ur screen is broken but u can still get to download mode,press volume down+power button+home buttons at the same time. And keep pressing them for like 5 to 8 seconds, and then press volume up to proceed. THEN u can flash the firmware through odin 3.
Give a thanks button if i helped please.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kri$

Feb 29, 2012
Wrocław
Ok, i'll try.
Any idea how to reset binary counter? I can't use Triangle Away because of broken screen.

dylanfana

Mar 12, 2014
Samsung G NT7100

My N7100 has a broken screen but the LCD is okay i see everything only problem is i cannot access anything in my phone even the swipe to unlock option on the screen is not working. I need help.