[Q] Big problem with my Play Store on my Nexus

Search This thread

raptomic

Feb 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

I rooted my device ( LG Nexus 5) a few weeks ago, then I installed an app called "Cracked Play Store".
Until then, no problems. Then, bored by the new icon of the cracked play store (a yellow smiley on a bag) I decided to unistall the app and from then my Play Store is not working anymore . I'm very upset about this, I've searched all over the internet with no solution. I tried all possible things (clearing cache, disable the app,....) but none are working.
So I'm now asking to anyone a possible way to recover my regular properly working Play Store . I was also asking myself if it was possible to replace the play store install folder by a properly working one and if so could someone send me those files :)

Thank you in advance for the help
PS: I'm a french speaking, so excuse my possible mistakes :)

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hello everyone,

I rooted my device ( LG Nexus 5) a few weeks ago, then I installed an app called "Cracked Play Store".
Until then, no problems. Then, bored by the new icon of the cracked play store (a yellow smiley on a bag) I decided to unistall the app and from then my Play Store is not working anymore . I'm very upset about this, I've searched all over the internet with no solution. I tried all possible things (clearing cache, disable the app,....) but none are working.
So I'm now asking to anyone a possible way to recover my regular properly working Play Store . I was also asking myself if it was possible to replace the play store install folder by a properly working one and if so could someone send me those files :)

trying to get apps for free i see? you know people work on those, put time into it. if you put time into making an app, how would you feel if people were stealing it?

anyways, boot into your recovery, wipe your dalvik. then boot up, and install a fresh play store apk.

Reactions: atabey and raptomic

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I'm using the basic one ( turn off your phone, launch it in quick mode and select recovery mode ). Thanks for trying to help me :)

so how did you root? maybe you only unlocked the bootloader? if you are using the default recovery, then you could not have flashed the su binaries. you need to flash a custom recovery for that, either twrp or cwm recoveries. stock recovery doesnt give you an option to wipe dalvik, only custom recoveries do.

Reactions: raptomic

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Just reflash the factory image and take it from there. We have no idea what this cracked play store may have modified, and simply clearing cache/dalvik may not be enough to reverse whatever it changed. In the future don't download warez, it's not not fair to the developers, and as you can see they can mess up your phone. If you want to download paid apps, you can get your parents to buy you store credit at the Google Play store.

Reactions: raptomic

littlewonder

Sep 24, 2009
Rabbit's Hole
so how did you root? maybe you only unlocked the bootloader? if you are using the default recovery, then you could not have flashed the su binaries. you need to flash a custom recovery for that, either twrp or cwm recoveries. stock recovery doesnt give you an option to wipe dalvik, only custom recoveries do.

He could have just boot in to custom recovery via adb without flashing it and use it to install superSU binary. I do it all the time. I'm rooted and running stock recovery right now. No offense, just clarifying it is possible..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: simms22

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
He could have just boot in to custom recovery via adb without flashing it and use it to install superSU binary. I do it all the time. I'm rooted and running stock recovery right now. No offense, just clarifying it is possible..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

truth.
thats how i used to get into the recovery if my old nexus one from powered off, since the power button was broken. id just fastboot boot from the bootloader instead of flastboot flash :)

Reactions: littlewonder

raptomic

Feb 9, 2014
Hey everyone thanx a lot for all your answers ! I'll try @BirchBarlow 's solution very soon and I'll tell you the results. About the app buying issue, I arranged with my parents :) thank you again a lot :D

raptomic

Feb 9, 2014
Just reflash the factory image and take it from there. We have no idea what this cracked play store may have modified, and simply clearing cache/dalvik may not be enough to reverse whatever it changed. In the future don't download warez, it's not not fair to the developers, and as you can see they can mess up your phone. If you want to download paid apps, you can get your parents to buy you store credit at the Google Play store.
Thank you a lot for this methods, it worked perfectly :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

trying to get apps for free i see? you know people work on those, put time into it. if you put time into making an app, how would you feel if people were stealing it?

anyways, boot into your recovery, wipe your dalvik. then boot up, and install a fresh play store apk.

Thank you a lot for your quick answer :) (PS: I'm only 14 that's why I can't buy apps and I know it's still bad of me to do so)
    Thank you a lot for your quick answer :) (PS: I'm only 14 that's why I can't buy apps and I know it's still bad of me to do so)

let us know if that fixes the issue

you have no cash money at all? you can buy the play store gift card and use it.. that's how i bought things on Apple before and Android
    @simms22 : In fact I don't know hox to wipe Dalvik Cache bc it's not appearing into the recovery mod

@markdapimp : Thx I'll try this next time

Which recovery you are using?