[Q] Move aps2SD

Search This thread

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
A few months ago my mom purchases the Tab 3 7” WiFi 8GB thinking it was enough. However sooner than expected she “burned” through the 8GB so I picked up a microSD card to expand storage and move some aps around. Sadly this seems not to be possible due to the android version. A google search reveiled that google removed that functionality in android 4 but restored it in a later version. As this is not my own device I don’t want to root it and flash a custom rom/recovery just to move some aps around.

Google also reveiled that this specific device should receive an update to android 4.4. Is this still correct?
Is there a release date announced for Europe (Belgium to be exact)?
Or can I pick up the US release and sideload it via odin?
can this be done without root?

I ofcourse first contacted samsung and basiscally they said that "that's the cheap version. Samsung decided to remove that functionality because the internal hardware is too weak to support apps2SD"

to weak my ass

image attached with basic details

Attachments

• specs.jpg
    specs.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
of you are rooted you can use folder mount to do the job

As this is not my own device I don’t want to root it and flash a custom rom/recovery just to move some aps around.

root is not an option, don't want to void the warranty the devices is only a few months old and still has 20months left of warranty

Would this work ? http://www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/
What about the other questions? android update coming?