"Phone EFS Clear" in Odin. Am I screwed?

Search This thread

infamousjax

Mar 29, 2010
Atlanta
Someone please help me...

I accidentally flashed on Odin with the "Clear EFS" box checked, and the phone boots up and has a signal... I can make phone calls, but it cannot connect to any kind of data service. Wifi still works, but I cannot use 3G data AT ALL.

I've tried every kind of reset, and every kind of re-activation there is... Does anyone have any ideas???

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010

I accidentally flashed on Odin with the "Clear EFS" box checked, and the phone boots up and has a signal... I can make phone calls, but it cannot connect to any kind of data service. Wifi still works, but I cannot use 3G data AT ALL.

I've tried every kind of reset, and every kind of re-activation there is... Does anyone have any ideas???

You just need to add the APN again to gain 3G data access..

Im also about to flash my phone with CLEAR EFS option on hopes to restore the IMEI and product code from JPC.. to what firmware did you flash to ?

steffe.jst

Jul 26, 2010
I was going to do this when flashing to JM7 but then I read that what the option essentially does is restore the backup files from the same directory, and apparently if you don't have these files the entire EFS folder ends up empty. Can anyone confirm this?

I managed to fudge up the backup efs files so unless someone knows a way to edit the existing ones I guess I'll have to live with a KOR marked phone.

Greg82uk

Apr 6, 2006
Bedfordshire
www.gmassey.co.uk
Editing your Product code:

I had the whole product code issue when I flashed to JPC starting with O2U and JPC took me to KOR... and with some tinkering I now have an XEU device! I managed to edit my product code using the method detailed below. I have a feeling that the JPC update only changes the product code of a device isn't XEU or KOR already... I'm not entirely sure, but when I flashed to JPC with O2U it changed my product code to KOR... when I flashed to JPC after using the method below it now registers as an XEU. I don't know if flashing after this fix is necessary (it may be needed to re-write csc files?!?)

Please appreciate that I am not a developer, but a tinkerer! I used adb rather than EStrongs... but have written these instructions to use estrongs for the ease of those who aren't familiar with shell commands.

You will need:

Root Access to your Phone
a Hex Editor (there are a few free ones on download.com)
Estrongs File Explorer (from Google Marketplace, cause it has root access and means you won't need to use terminal (hopefully))

Instructions:

1a) in Estrong, go to settings and enable both root options
1b) Use Estrongs to navigate to the /efs/ folder on your phone.
2) Copy "nv_data.bin" and then paste it to your sdcard.
3) Mount your device to a computer and then make a copy of "nv_data.bin" and rename it to "nv_data.bin.bak" and leave that un edited on your sdcard (that way you have a contingency to return to should everything go wrong!).
4) Open "nv_data.bin" with your hex editor and use the find command to locate any occurance of 'KOR' in the file.
5) Replace each occurrence of KOR with the code your choice, be it ORA, XEU, O2U, etc.

DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA CHARACTERS AS THIS MAY RENDER THE FILE UNUSABLE BY THE ANDROID SYSTEM

6) Save the file and then unmount your phone.
7) Use Estrongs to copy the "nv_data.bin" from your sdcard back to the efs folder overwriting the old "nv_data.bin" file
8) Reboot the phone (push and hold the power button for 10 seconds or yank the battery your choice!!!)
9) Hook up to Kies and check the registry entry to make sure it worked! :eek:)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Akash Naik
Maybe Reinstall Rom May Help

Reinstall Rom Sometimes May Help

Theese Are The Steps What I Use :
1.) Download Your Android Stock Rom (Offical Or Unoffical Doesnt Matter)
2.)Install The Rom
3.)Then It Should Reboot (If You Tick The Auto Reboot Option)
While After Install QUICK REBOOT TO THE RECOVERY
4.)Factory Reset 3 Or 4 Times
5.)Done And Reboot

I Hope This Helps

medina123

Dec 29, 2019
Hola, soy nuevo y necesito ayuda..
hace poco flashee mi samsung j3 luna pro, y accidentalmente seleccioné "EFS Clear" y cuando encendi mi movil no tenia ni un rastro de cobertura de la red... He intentado todo tipo de reinicio ... ¿Alguien tiene alguna idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Editing your Product code:

I had the whole product code issue when I flashed to JPC starting with O2U and JPC took me to KOR... and with some tinkering I now have an XEU device! I managed to edit my product code using the method detailed below. I have a feeling that the JPC update only changes the product code of a device isn't XEU or KOR already... I'm not entirely sure, but when I flashed to JPC with O2U it changed my product code to KOR... when I flashed to JPC after using the method below it now registers as an XEU. I don't know if flashing after this fix is necessary (it may be needed to re-write csc files?!?)

Please appreciate that I am not a developer, but a tinkerer! I used adb rather than EStrongs... but have written these instructions to use estrongs for the ease of those who aren't familiar with shell commands.

You will need:

Root Access to your Phone
    a Hex Editor (there are a few free ones on download.com)
    Estrongs File Explorer (from Google Marketplace, cause it has root access and means you won't need to use terminal (hopefully))

Instructions:

1a) in Estrong, go to settings and enable both root options
    1b) Use Estrongs to navigate to the /efs/ folder on your phone.
    2) Copy "nv_data.bin" and then paste it to your sdcard.
    3) Mount your device to a computer and then make a copy of "nv_data.bin" and rename it to "nv_data.bin.bak" and leave that un edited on your sdcard (that way you have a contingency to return to should everything go wrong!).
    4) Open "nv_data.bin" with your hex editor and use the find command to locate any occurance of 'KOR' in the file.
    5) Replace each occurrence of KOR with the code your choice, be it ORA, XEU, O2U, etc.

DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA CHARACTERS AS THIS MAY RENDER THE FILE UNUSABLE BY THE ANDROID SYSTEM

6) Save the file and then unmount your phone.
    7) Use Estrongs to copy the "nv_data.bin" from your sdcard back to the efs folder overwriting the old "nv_data.bin" file
    8) Reboot the phone (push and hold the power button for 10 seconds or yank the battery your choice!!!)
    9) Hook up to Kies and check the registry entry to make sure it worked! :eek:)

Hope that helps.