[ROM][28/05][AOSP][MASTER][2.3.4] Whisper

Search This thread

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Yes, that's right, AOSP for Wildfire. This ROM is pure AOSP with several CM7 patches added for ARM6j compatibility. No apps have been modified and as yet there are no overlays. Camera should work but the default app FCs as we don't have a proper GPU nor the emulation that CM has. It is quite snappy when SetCPU is installed and is quite a bit smaller than CM7.

Sorry for the lack of screenshots but as it's stock you should know what to expect. You need to flash it then gapps like CM7, it includes Superuser and busybox. The first boot will take a while as it caches everything. Make sure you wipe data before installing.

If anything isn't working please post in the thread and I'll attempt to fix is ASAP. Please try to include a logcat of what happens when you try. I will release source for the vendor and patches for the modifies projects on Github soon but I have had to modify dalvik, V8 among others to get everything working so it won't be a straight forward git clone, sorry.

NOT WORKING:
Camera app, download something from market.

Download link:
Download beta 1 here!
Google apps.

Credits:
AOSP
Google
CM7 Team
adeadrat
nhnt11
arco
Anyone else that should be here

Last edited:

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
How`s the Linpack on this little baby?

I hope it`s as nice as adeadrat`s AOSP.

BTW, does it have FM Radio?

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Haven't checked Linpack, it isn't really a great bench. No FM yet although I may add it. It's comparable to early versions of OpenFire.

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Nice :D too bad I can't try it... I never finished my port either xD

Oh well... good work! :)

Sent from my Blade using XDA App

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks for all the support. Ill try and fix the camera asap.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

will8578

Apr 19, 2011
herne bay
i like the style of this, i must admit im not used to sense style and dont like it, i hav had one problem tho, i have wiped everything and then flashed your rom and gapps, for some strange reason the superuser doesnt grant root when i try to add rootable apps ie setcpu etc, it needs to update the su binary, it tries to but doesnt, installs a zip file that says to flash, when i try this it comes up with an error, sorry to be a pain, is there other ways for me to update it, and please please dont say adb, lol, i still cant get the hang of it, thanks for your help.

bpye

Oct 8, 2010
Uh...ok, ill fix root, i think i forgot to replace the binary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, that's right, AOSP for Wildfire. This ROM is pure AOSP with several CM7 patches added for ARM6j compatibility. No apps have been modified and as yet there are no overlays. Camera should work but the default app FCs as we don't have a proper GPU nor the emulation that CM has. It is quite snappy when SetCPU is installed and is quite a bit smaller than CM7.

Sorry for the lack of screenshots but as it's stock you should know what to expect. You need to flash it then gapps like CM7, it includes Superuser and busybox. The first boot will take a while as it caches everything. Make sure you wipe data before installing.

If anything isn't working please post in the thread and I'll attempt to fix is ASAP. Please try to include a logcat of what happens when you try. I will release source for the vendor and patches for the modifies projects on Github soon but I have had to modify dalvik, V8 among others to get everything working so it won't be a straight forward git clone, sorry.

NOT WORKING:
    Camera app, download something from market.

Download link:
    Download beta 1 here!
    Google apps.

Credits:
    AOSP
    Google
    CM7 Team
    adeadrat
    nhnt11
    arco
    Anyone else that should be here
    Sorry all, ive had other commitments recently notably exams. I will do my best to get out an update but no eta.

what is AOSP ? what + it gives?

AOSP - Android Open Source Project.

Advantage - Purely vanilla Android, the way it was developed by the Android Devs, no add-ons like Sense or anything.

More Info:
    http://source.android.com/