Samsung Vibrant troubles (**entering the recovery mode **)

Search This thread

JiM213

Jun 8, 2011
Hey guys, as you can see total Noob here, so here's the story, I have a Samsung Vibrant , rooted with OCR , installed Rom Manager, Titanium Backup and Astro File Manager, i am currently trying to flash a custom ROM on my device (running Android2.2) BUT when i try to reboot into recovery with RM it always comes up with the default (Samsungs) recovery menu, and i get this error: E: failed whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
If you can give me a simple step by step solution and maybe some reccs. of what ROM's to use and whats better for my phone it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

adamcooks

Aug 4, 2010
NYC
Theres a toggle signature in cwm recovery. If your in the blue recovery, hit re install packages, most likely twice to get to green recovery. Then toggle signature, then flash

As far as suggestions, I run bi winning v3

Beware of angry gingerbread man

adamcooks

Aug 4, 2010
NYC
Theres an option to toggle signature verification in the recovery menu. Choose that option

JiM213

Jun 8, 2011
I've tried to reinstall packages many times however I can't get into CWR mode, thanks though.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

adamcooks

Aug 4, 2010
NYC
Did you flash cwm from the rom manager app. Its the first line in the app. Make sure you pick vibrant, not vibrantmtm

JiM213

Jun 8, 2011
Yes I followed a tutorial step by step, I have the feeling that what causing the problem is my 2.2 version of android. I will do some more research in the forums.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
go back to stock 2.1 with odin and then do the reinstall packages twice in blue recovery and then ull be fine!