New!! WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 "23017 R2" SYS/XIP ROM ~ Updated: 8/6/2009

Search This thread

Mitter21

Aug 11, 2011
Auckland
Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Connect your device to a USB port.
-Run RUUWrapper.exe
-Follow what the program says.
-Select an "Update" button when you see it, then "Next".
-Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
-Load "cheeimg.nbh" onto the card after formatting.
-On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

BUT IT NEVER REQUIRES THE RED BUTTON... THE I'VE PRESSED ANYWAY... BUT NOTHING

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
Miguel

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Hi Mangatron... Ive tried with your ROM but I can't installed... I don't know what I am doing wrong... I tried first the USB option

USB METHOD:

-Run RUUWrapper.exe
-Wait.

but after this step (it doesn't let me choose which update btw) it says connection error and it stops... :(, then I've decided to try the SD option.

-Format a card to FAT32, I recommend nothing mightier than 2GB (I use a 1GB MicroSD)
-On the device, put the card in. Then press and hold the side media key (button below volume control down) ( I DID SO) and then use your stylus to press the reset hole (behind the Mini SD cover) (I DID SO TOO)

*What I am doing wrong? Can you help me? (Ive chosen the ROM 2.4 from your thread)

Cheers,
Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.

Reactions: Mitter21

xplus93

May 25, 2010
Can someone post a new link. I gave a friend a 750 for his first smartphone and I want to give him a nice 6.5 rom with titanium.

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Can someone post a new link. I gave a friend a 750 for his first smartphone and I want to give him a nice 6.5 rom with titanium.

I'll be frank about it, but there's no "nice" 6.5 ROM with Titanium. If you put Titanium as the today item, it will ruin most of the hardware functionality. Not to mention low RAM, I'm sorry, but I suggest you tell your friend about that. But if you don't mind trying out my ROMs, they aren't bad :)

xplus93

May 25, 2010
wow, now i feel like a jerk. I actually am using your rom now. I remember on my treo 800 you could disable those today plugins and install the dialer from the treo 850 and it would all work, i even installed phonex and it worked. I still have the guide I made for a really nicely themed 800. Low mem is fine, only apps open would be today, phonex (maybe), messaging, and camera

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
wow, now i feel like a jerk. I actually am using your rom now. I remember on my treo 800 you could disable those today plugins and install the dialer from the treo 850 and it would all work, i even installed phonex and it worked. I still have the guide I made for a really nicely themed 800. Low mem is fine, only apps open would be today, phonex (maybe), messaging, and camera

Ah, the Treo800, I assume that's the Treo Pro family. The thing is, there's one major difference between the Treo 800 line and the Treo 700 line: the Treo 800 has a real, standalone power button. For the Treo 700 family, Palm made us rely on those today plugins, which eventually isn't really good for us chefs.

malg220

Apr 6, 2011
Mexico
Reupload rom treo 750 wm6.5

Hi, you can reupload this room please :p

23017 R2 BUILD
Please read the later posts to this thread, as they are most accurate. The first postings in this thread are due to previous builds and the information is now inaccurate.

Thanks goes to Da_G, + Que PPC, Ervius (for his awesome visual cooker), Microsoft, and everyone else who helped me get to this point!
Also thanks to everyone helping me test, it all goes to a perfect ROM for our Treo! :)

Screen01.png
Screen02.png
Screen03.png

Screen04.png
Screen05.png
Screen06.png
Screen07.png
Screen08.png

What does it include?

This ROM comes with the newest Office Mobile, One Note, Windows Live / Windows Live IM, Adobe Reader LE, Internet Sharing, Total Commander, Facebook, Notepad, Remote Desktop Mobile, QuickGPS, cleanRAM maintenance tool/config, Softreset, Hibernate, Taskman, Java, Adobe Flash, NoData (turn off data connections), XCPUScalar (phone overclocker), ZIP archiver, Pocket RAR archiver, PPC PIM Backup (e-mail contacts etc), Advanced Config tool, Taskbar, etc. Also check out the BONUS packs :)

BUGS FIXED IN R2: RINGTONE BUG, LOCKSCENE
PERFORMANCE: REGISTRY REMOVAL, CLEANING, OPTIMIZING

APPSPACK ROM: 45mb compressed!
BASE ROM: 38mb compressed!

Download APPSPACK ROM: (BUILD 23017 R2)
Download BASE ROM (no APPS): (BUILD 23017 R2 BASE)

MAKE SURE YOU HARD-SPL FIRST!
This file is compressed in Ultra LZMA ZIP mode, you may need WinZip 12 or 7-zip to extract.

Mirrors:

APPSPACK ROM:
http://rapidshare.com/files/264482366/CHEETAH_23017-R2_APPSPACK_ROM-navenedrob.zip.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?jzz2ixzgtjh

BASEROM:
http://rapidshare.com/files/264487065/CHEETAH_23017-R2_BASE_ROM-navenedrob.zip.html
http://www.mediafire.com/?vtidmywg0ej

Other language versions coming soon!

BONUS PACKS:
TESTING PHASE:Emulator Pack - GBA - NES - SNES - Sega Genesis - Playstation 1 (Does not include games)

(want to help fix the emulators? you can! open genesis plus and load a ROM, start hitting keys on your keypad, you'll see key entries displayed in the games, write the keys down so we can make a list! also recommend a better emulator for my pack!)

Sound Pack - Includes modern stock ringtones and alerts by HTC

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.

Reactions: einsteinecker

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
All, I haven't updated this thread in over 2 years. I no longer use a Treo 750. Believe it or not, I still HAVE the Treo 750. As such, I am going to remove information from the OP and request that a moderator lock this thread. Over the years I have received many inquires for the original ROM posted by me over 2 years ago, but sadly, I no longer have the software available and all links for it are long dead. Thanks for the support, and have a good day.

Wow nav, welcome back. Good to see you're still okay.

I just wanted to thank you for the work you've done here, it did give us hope that a good ROM can be cooked for the Treo750.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

USB METHOD:

-Run RUUWrapper.exe
    -Wait.

Cheers,
    Miguel

Hmm. You said you flashed that old WM6.5 ROM, I think that ROM had a lot of problems when it comes to flashing over it. I'm not sure how other members handled that, but over in my thread, in the last page I posted the Palm update recovery tool, see if that works for you.