HD2 Internal Memory

Search This thread

hardav

Apr 5, 2012
Despite all the posts and solutions on this subject I must admit a level of frustration at my continuing low internal memory on my HD2, I am running Pacman/ xylograph jb which has plenty of ROM space (most other ROMS take much bigger partitions), Link2SD, Apps2ROM and Clean Master. Link2SD tells me I have no apps on internal, Apps2Rom also confirms all apps either on ROM or SD.
When I look at the storage values I get:
Internal: 146MB used 106 free 40.1
SD card 10.98GB Used 3.91 Free 7.08
SD 2nd partition 3.81GB Used 30.3MB Free 3.77GB
System 260MB Used 177 Free 83.5
Cache 146MB Used 106 Free 40.1
Why is it that despite linking all apps to 2nd partition and having spare space on ROM my internal space is so low, cache is cleaned out every day.
What is using 106MB of internal space?
Any useful thoughts would be appreciated.

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
Despite all the posts and solutions on this subject I must admit a level of frustration at my continuing low internal memory on my HD2, I am running Pacman/ xylograph jb which has plenty of ROM space (most other ROMS take much bigger partitions), Link2SD, Apps2ROM and Clean Master. Link2SD tells me I have no apps on internal, Apps2Rom also confirms all apps either on ROM or SD.
Why is it that despite linking all apps to 2nd partition and having spare space on ROM my internal space is so low, cache is cleaned out every day.

Your system partition is way too big, 260mb with 83.5mb free.
You don't need that, 185 mb should be fine for system partition.
Check out the rom thread for recommended partition size.

Reactions: xtronic11

jvzijp

Apr 17, 2012
Krommenie
You can also run roms with DataOnExt. You won't ever run out of memory then. Format an ext4 partition of 1 to 2 GB on your SD card and you have plenty memory.
Or do you have a specific reason to run on Nand?

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Unscrewed

Unscrewed

Aug 6, 2012
You can also run roms with DataOnExt. You won't ever run out of memory then. Format an ext4 partition of 1 to 2 GB on your SD card and you have plenty memory.

I agree with this.
DataOnEXT is definitely the best solution for problems regarding running out of memory quickly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your system partition is way too big, 260mb with 83.5mb free.
    You don't need that, 185 mb should be fine for system partition.
    Check out the rom thread for recommended partition size.