Can I take cm10.1's 07/07 kernel and flash it via CWM?

Search This thread

G i

Jan 13, 2013
I heard that cm10.1's 07/07 kernel has no whitescreens. I am using a newer version of cm10.1 . Can I flash 07/07 kernel on its own via CWM? If yes, how can I make it flashable? Thanks in advance.

G i

Jan 13, 2013
here is the flashable kernel

Dayyyum. That was fast. Thank you so much buddy. Any idea why Wifi isn't working?
EDIT: I turned off Wifi optomization, but still I can't enable wifi. Can you tell me the process to flash the kernel over my ROM? Maybe i did something wrong.

Last edited:

ahmedadd

Jul 22, 2013
cairo
Dayyyum. That was fast. Thank you so much buddy. Any idea why Wifi isn't working?
EDIT: I turned off Wifi optomization, but still I can't enable wifi. Can you tell me the process to flash the kernel over my ROM? Maybe i did something wrong.

no you did not make any wrongs to use 7-7 kernel the wi-fi wont work at all.:(

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
you flash an old kernel/ramdisk and wonder why Wi-Fi isn't working... it's just... :eek:

G i

Jan 13, 2013
you flash an old kernel/ramdisk and wonder why Wi-Fi isn't working... it's just... :eek:

I mean, there should be a stable ROM with everything working. Maybe not the latest release but it would be stable. I know all ROMs are stable for your phone since you don't have WS or mount problem, but there's no rom for my phone that won't malfunction.

G i

Jan 13, 2013
I am not your employee if you haven't noticed yet. :)

Holy **** dude, your attitude. Everybody in this forum loves you cuz you're the only developer this ****ty phone has but you keep acting like a douche, throwing a tandrum to whoever dares to mention WS or sd card mount problem or even something that has been stated before. We are noobs, we're trying to learn, this place's like a school to us. XDA ain't your own business, we're members of XDA as well. Did I even ask you to do something for me? Did I even post to your github or anything like this? No, cuz I know that douchebags like you better leave 'em alone.

TheWhisp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 25, 2011
but there's no rom for my phone that won't malfunction.

Sorry, but you have clearly misunderstood the whole point of XDA. Most of the developers here (including me) do this as a hobby. I make this ROM for myself and then I share with anyone else. I am not going to do something, in this case fix bugs I have never experienced nor can reproduce, just because something is not working on your device. Douches are people who constantly spam and whine about things. Use GB and be happy.

G i

Jan 13, 2013
Sorry, but you have clearly misunderstood the whole point of XDA. Most of the developers here (including me) do this as a hobby. I make this ROM for myself and then I share with anyone else. I am not going to do something, in this case fix bugs I have never experienced nor can reproduce, just because something is not working on your device. Douches are people who constantly spam and whine about things. Use GB and be happy.

Ok kiddo

pgcristyan

Jul 7, 2013
Bucharest
You know, you should really take a chill pill....TheWisp is trying to do something for free here..i don't think you really understand the "free" part...myself, i couldn't spare the time to learn to develop for Android, much less fix bugs and try to create a stable rom without up-to-date blobs ( which by the way is really harder than simply porting cm to a certain device which already has jb or a variation of it)...if you really want something 100% stable go for stock (tough good luck with random crashes)..if you want something 97% stable go for cm10 or cm10.1 (i find 30/06/2013 cm10.1 to be one of the smoothest and stable of all the cm10.1 builds), and if you want something 95% stable go for cm11(the one i have right now)...you should really stop complaining, and instead of being part of the problem, start learning to develop and be a part of the solution (if developing is for you). Peace!

Reactions: TheWhisp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I heard that cm10.1's 07/07 kernel has no whitescreens. I am using a newer version of cm10.1 . Can I flash 07/07 kernel on its own via CWM? If yes, how can I make it flashable? Thanks in advance.

here is the flashable kernel
    You know, you should really take a chill pill....TheWisp is trying to do something for free here..i don't think you really understand the "free" part...myself, i couldn't spare the time to learn to develop for Android, much less fix bugs and try to create a stable rom without up-to-date blobs ( which by the way is really harder than simply porting cm to a certain device which already has jb or a variation of it)...if you really want something 100% stable go for stock (tough good luck with random crashes)..if you want something 97% stable go for cm10 or cm10.1 (i find 30/06/2013 cm10.1 to be one of the smoothest and stable of all the cm10.1 builds), and if you want something 95% stable go for cm11(the one i have right now)...you should really stop complaining, and instead of being part of the problem, start learning to develop and be a part of the solution (if developing is for you). Peace!