JUMP! To Galaxy S5?

Search This thread

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
Well considering that they are gonna gave their own secure playstore to be used on the phones not to sure what direction they gonna go with it. They can change it at any giving time

TWEAKED 2.0 ELEMENT V3.0 NOTE 3

Secure play store? I haven't even heard of that. What good does that do? If anything, it'll only slow download rates since it'd be encrypted (in theory). But I guess it makes sense why it has a download booster now

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Reactions: Ark1406

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
Ugh I hate jump, it's a gimmick really. You have to give tmobile your damn near paid off phone for a new phone just to do the same thing over and over again. I understand this sounds good to some people but if you ask me it's never really your phone even though your making all these steep payments monthly. I don't think I'll be able to sell my note 3 for a long time, it's the best phone I've ever used since 2009 and I gave the g1 a try (never cared for cell phones til than). But even if I did sell it.. I know I could get back more cash from a 3rd party than I could from t mobile.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

You are correct, it never is your phone. Why should it be? You're not paying $650-$1000 USD like every other country for the newest superphone on the market on launch day. You're paying $130-ish over a 6 month period while you wait for the newest latest greatest. As someone who previously paid full retail on launch day for the last handful of Galaxy devices, then to sell them 4-8 months later, let me tell you... Jump 1.0 is a FANTASTIC deal! If I don't have to OWN my device, but simply borrow it from T-mobile that's a small price to pay really.

Reactions: parusia

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
You are correct, it never is your phone. Why should it be? You're not paying $650-$1000 USD like every other country for the newest superphone on the market on launch day. You're paying $130-ish over a 6 month period while you wait for the newest latest greatest. As someone who previously paid full retail on launch day for the last handful of Galaxy devices, then to sell them 4-8 months later, let me tell you... Jump 1.0 is a FANTASTIC deal! If I don't have to OWN my device, but simply borrow it from T-mobile that's a small price to pay really.

I love the fact that I can brick it with no worries

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013

Agreed! Plus, something people are failing to realize, there are no contracts. So, the consumer always has the upper hand. And you can own the phone, it's not a borrow. You simply have to pay the whole EPI then it's yours. But, me and countless others, would rather start over with a new phone twice a year. JUMP is really the best program I've seen on mobile companies

johnomaz

Oct 28, 2010
So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?

My credit was good enough that I coudl have got 10 Note 3 devices with zero down. My wife had to pay 199 when she got her S4. He credit wasn't good enough. The zero down is based on credit score though its a soft credit, not hard credit check if I recall. And yes, I paid the taxes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm jumping to the S5 or HTC One 2, considering Samsung and T-Mobile phones are always running a deal, If I were to jump on release day, I'd pay a down payment. Anyone who has previously jumped to a high end phone can tell me what they paid for the down payment? Or what kind of price to expect on the S5 with jump? Or, is it best to wait till they have a special price on the S5? Like, the note 3 was offered at no DP around December and November.

When I got the note 3 it was zero down (release day)

Sent from my Note 3 on 4.4.2
    So all you two had to do was pay taxes, and that's it? Was there a reason you two had no down, or is no down standard for a jump user?

I believe that is based on credit worthiness, unless you have not been with T-Mobile for a certain amount of time. I got my S4 in August and they told me it would be $150 down, unless I have held an account with T-Mobile for some amount of time (A year? I forget), in which case it would be $0 down.

I just Jumped to my N3 a few weeks ago and it was $0 down...which makes little sense, but, whatever.

I have great (not perfect, but up there) credit...and I've got the feeling that their bar isn't terribly high.

Then again, depending on the associate you deal with you never know how things will go down. My sister just told me how her last bill was for over $1000 because after Jumping the associate didn't credit back the original EIP balance on top of charging the entirety of her new phone balance directly to her account. I suggested going to the police as that seems like some intentionally shady business.

On the other hand my last 2 bills have not included an EIP payment at all and my device is showing $0 balance and I'm wondering if the associate perhaps screwed up completely and did the opposite of what happened to my sister. (The transaction took almost 3 hours somehow...I'm not sure he was entirely literate, even though he was a really nice guy).

I'm sure people with so-so credit walk in with no previous T-Mobile account and walk out with a $0 down N3 all the time...give it a shot. Hell, try different stores and see what you come up with.
    It is 100% based on your credit. They take your Social and run it and depending on how good your credit is means if you have to put anything down or not.

They will only run it when you open your account unless you request it to be run again.

For JUMP to be efficient you need to upgrade on the 0 down deals if your credit allows. I think 0 down is a staple now so when the GS5 comes I'd expect it to be 0 down as well

Sent from my SM-N905T using Tapatalk
    Yea, I already know what to expect. A mediocre phone with nifty features that mainly serve as bragging tools lol. But agreed, the Note 4 is mind boggling. I'm sure we're all expecting huge things. Since the note series is the only series that actually had huge changes every year, unlike galaxy and iPhones
    Yea, I already know what to expect. A mediocre phone with nifty features that mainly serve as bragging tools lol. But agreed, the Note 4 is mind boggling. I'm sure we're all expecting huge things. Since the note series is the only series that actually had huge changes every year, unlike galaxy and iPhones

If you root you might be screwed with the introduction of Knox 2.0. You might not want to make the jump till it cleared by a dev clearing Knox.