[Q] ASUS ME302C problem

Search This thread

miracle1973

May 1, 2014
ASUS ME302C 5.0.11 android 4.3

after installing the xposed framework 2.5.1, i was stuck in a bootloop, after recover ROM ME302C can use

i afraid to install xposed 2.5.1 ,think it's a not matching xposed , how to solve? 3Q!

Last edited:

perpe

Jul 17, 2011
@rovo89
I've tried the 2.6 version of xposed. I'm sorry to say, that it doesn't work on the MeMO Pad FHD.
Your commit "v57: Make offset for the JIT reset flag configurable" should solve the problem, but it didn't. I switched back to the special Asus version.

Edit: I attached log and current libdvm.so as zip

Attachments

• xposed2-6-log-ME302C.zip
    927.8 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
@rovo89
I've tried the 2.6 version of xposed. I'm sorry to say, that it doesn't work on the MeMO Pad FHD.
Your commit "v57: Make offset for the JIT reset flag configurable" should solve the problem, but it didn't. I switched back to the special Asus version.

Did you actually configure it?

I planned to contact you to create a mapping with MD5 hash of libdvm.so, the ROM version where it is used and the offset that needs to be configured. I don't have time for that this weekend though.

Reactions: pit84 and perpe

perpe

Jul 17, 2011
I tried it with my installed modules and afterwards with disabled modules. The log is with disabled modules. Everything else is configured like out of the box.

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
As you mentioned the commit, I thought you had looked at it in detail. Seems like this isn't the case?

You need to create a file /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset and write the correct offset to it (e.g. "0x94"). I don't have the time to analyse the file you posted now. If I have you sent it to me before, I probably wrote the offset into the GitHub issue.

Reactions: pit84 and perpe

perpe

Jul 17, 2011
Ah, OK, didn't saw that, my fault.
Added 0x98 as offset and it works :)

This is the offset, that you found. How can I check for the offset? (for future versions)

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012

This is the offset, that you found. How can I check for the offset? (for future versions)

It's hard to describe as you have to decompile the libdvm.so file, find the assembler representation of a certain C++ statement (which might be different between versions), find out the offset of a global variable, substract them, ... Sorry, too difficult and too variable to give a step by step guide.

pit84

Jul 12, 2012
It's hard to describe as you have to decompile the libdvm.so file, find the assembler representation of a certain C++ statement (which might be different between versions), find out the offset of a global variable, substract them, ... Sorry, too difficult and too variable to give a step by step guide.
I rovo
i love your creation, but with my me302c all versions go on bootloop.
for make usable my tablet i have performed a factory reset from asus stock recovery and all workly good.
my question is this: the tab is cleaned or i have others file to delete?
i'm noob,please make me an answear
thanks for your great job,i look forward for use xposed on this device
bye

pit84

Jul 12, 2012
is a good idea manually remove app process.orig from system\bin?
or i remove app process and rename app process.orig to app process?

Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
is a good idea manually remove app process.orig from system\bin?
or i remove app process and rename app process.orig to app process?

It's better if you install Xposed installer again and just hit "uninstall". That will make sure that don't forget an important step, such as assigning the correct permissions.

Reactions: pit84

pit84

Jul 12, 2012
It's better if you install Xposed installer again and just hit "uninstall". That will make sure that don't forget an important step, such as assigning the correct permissions.

i did it,thanks rovo
a little thing:in the application list of titanium backup, i find a name of one file cutted with a line called "hdcpfilealert.bin",i think is not present in the system,you know this file? is important for the system?
thanks for the answear and for your great work,expect a compatible version of xposed for memo pad fhd10 intel
bye

pit84

Jul 12, 2012

dear rovo
i'm sorry for all,because xposed 2.6 on memo pad me302c work great,just type the following command"echo 0x98 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" after xposed installation before reboot and all is ok.
A good number of modules works very good(gravitybox,appsetting etc.)is important read again and again the guide(for the noob like me).
Thanks again for all
pit84

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

after installing the xposed framework 2.5.1, i was stuck in a bootloop, after recover ROM ME302C can use

i afraid to install xposed 2.5.1 ,think it's a not matching xposed , how to solve? 3Q!

download a terminal emulator from play store
install xposed 2.6(only 2.6 version,is important)but don't reboot,open a terminal and run this command:

su
echo 0x98 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset

reboot
enjoy

guys!
xposed is amazing, 3 modules, gravitybox-app setting-app ops and in have all feature i want in one asus stock rom,amazing!! ROVO89 IS A GENIUS!!!

Last edited:

rovo89

Jan 4, 2012
So with 2.6.1 it would not work with this offset? :confused:

It should work, and you don't need to execute the command again unless you have uninstalled the Xposed Installer app in between.
I should also note that offset 0x98 is not the correct offset for every ROM. In the worst case, you will be in a bootloop again or Xposed will not work correctly. Then just post your /system/lib/libdvm.so and I'll check for the correct offset.

Reactions: Jepediah

Jepediah

Apr 13, 2011
It should work, and you don't need to execute the command again unless you have uninstalled the Xposed Installer app in between.
I should also note that offset 0x98 is not the correct offset for every ROM. In the worst case, you will be in a bootloop again or Xposed will not work correctly. Then just post your /system/lib/libdvm.so and I'll check for the correct offset.

Ok will give it a try. For the asus fhd 10 there are no custom ROM's available. So i think it should work with the rooted original v.5.0.17 i have installed on the tablet. Later will give a report and thanks for reply.

Gesendet von meinem ME302C mit Tapatalk

Jepediah

Apr 13, 2011
Mission accomplished - xposed framework installed and some modules tested. Looking very good for now. Big thanks for development and support!

Gesendet von meinem ME302C mit Tapatalk

Sleepy!

Jul 20, 2010
Hi @rovo89
I have an Asus Zenfone 5 running 4.4.2.
It also has a dual core clover trail processor.

I installed Xposed 2.7.1, 2.7, 2.6 and 2.5

The phone freezes when you try to open an app, and after some time SystemUI restarts.
This problem was most easily seen in 2.7.1, and least seen in 2.5

Can you please advise me on what to do?

I have attached my phones libdvm.so if you need to take a look. (Compressed it into a .zip as XDA won't allow me to attach a .so file. Please extract the .zip)

Thanks. :)

Attachments

• libdvm.zip
    961.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Thank you!!!! worked like a charm!!

dear rovo
i'm sorry for all,because xposed 2.6 on memo pad me302c work great,just type the following command"echo 0x98 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset" after xposed installation before reboot and all is ok.
A good number of modules works very good(gravitybox,appsetting etc.)is important read again and again the guide(for the noob like me).
Thanks again for all
pit84

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

install xposed 2.6(only 2.6 version,is important)but don't reboot,open a terminal and run this command:

su

reboot
enjoy

guys!
xposed is amazing, 3 modules, gravitybox-app setting-app ops and in have all feature i want in one asus stock rom,amazing!! ROVO89 IS A GENIUS!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dear rovo
    Thanks again for all
    pit84

su

reboot
    enjoy

guys!
    @rovo89

Did you actually configure it?

I planned to contact you to create a mapping with MD5 hash of libdvm.so, the ROM version where it is used and the offset that needs to be configured. I don't have time for that this weekend though.
    As you mentioned the commit, I thought you had looked at it in detail. Seems like this isn't the case?

You need to create a file /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset and write the correct offset to it (e.g. "0x94"). I don't have the time to analyse the file you posted now. If I have you sent it to me before, I probably wrote the offset into the GitHub issue.

https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/6