Screen won't stay off

Search This thread

njmeyers83

Dec 4, 2010
Love the phone but for some reason the screen won't stay off when I lock the phone. As you can imagine the battery life is suffering because of it. I am rooted but it did it before I was rooted and Rom'd. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have my inactive timer set to 30 seconds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

malikadnanm

Apr 9, 2007
Philly
Love the phone but for some reason the screen won't stay off when I lock the phone. As you can imagine the battery life is suffering because of it. I am rooted but it did it before I was rooted and Rom'd. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have my inactive timer set to 30 seconds.

U try a different rom after wiping everything?

njmeyers83

Dec 4, 2010
I've had the issue with aokp #28 and axiom crossbreed. I have tried doing fresh installs and even going back to stock.

njmeyers83

Dec 4, 2010
Right now I'm on Axiom Crossbred with the Franco kernel. I've experienced the issue on the leaked 4.0.4 and stock. Did fresh installs each time.

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Right now I'm on Axiom Crossbred with the Franco kernel. I've experienced the issue on the leaked 4.0.4 and stock. Did fresh installs each time.

is not so difficult, put the stock google images, don't install any app, press the power button to switch off the screen..does it stay off? yes: problem solved, no: go for warranty

njmeyers83

Dec 4, 2010
I was afraid of that. I got the phone in trade for my iPhone 4s. Hahahaha. Worst case scenario I'll do an insurance replacement.

Data Medics

Sep 4, 2014
The issue is with the USB port on the phone. Try cleaning it out and using a thin knife or tool bend the inner contacts tab toward the front screen side of the phone.

That should resolve the issue.