Hulu not working after OTA update

Search This thread

jimmyg41

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm stock, not rooted. Updated to 4.0.4 yesterday. Hulu doesn't work for me anyore. When I try to load a video I get a message saying that there's network issues with my network (Sprint). I thought maybe it was my connection but I'm well over 1 Mbps right now and Netflix works fine. Anyone else stock with the new OTA update that can test this out on a 3G connection?

jimmyg41

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Also wanted to note that the app works fine on wifi. Tested that last night. I've done PRL and profile updates just in case. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work.

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
I'm stock, not rooted. Updated to 4.0.4 yesterday. Hulu doesn't work for me anyore. When I try to load a video I get a message saying that there's network issues with my network (Sprint). I thought maybe it was my connection but I'm well over 1 Mbps right now and Netflix works fine. Anyone else stock with the new OTA update that can test this out on a 3G connection?

Also wanted to note that the app works fine on wifi. Tested that last night. I've done PRL and profile updates just in case. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work.
Nobody has replied yet so figured I'd offer you the perspective from an app developer. When coding an application to work over an internet connection, there are a few different ways to verify what type of network connection is active before initiating. The app can determine and only work over WiFi, or 3G, and in some cases can determine a WiMAX/LTE type of connection. The app could be programmed to only work over WiFi, or WiFi/3G or WiFi/3G/WiMAX/LTE, all depends on the application.

Since you state it works over WiFi, but not on the Sprint network, I find that very odd.
If the application worked over your sprint network connection before and now it does not .. we'd want to look at what changed between the before/after states.

Maybe if you could screenshot and post up the exact error message and that might provide some technical details to help narrow down the issue.

Hope some of that background is slightly helpful in moving towards a resolution!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyg41

jimmyg41

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Here you go and thank you for the response.
425742a9-4ad9-ba9f.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nobody has replied yet so figured I'd offer you the perspective from an app developer. When coding an application to work over an internet connection, there are a few different ways to verify what type of network connection is active before initiating. The app can determine and only work over WiFi, or 3G, and in some cases can determine a WiMAX/LTE type of connection. The app could be programmed to only work over WiFi, or WiFi/3G or WiFi/3G/WiMAX/LTE, all depends on the application.

Since you state it works over WiFi, but not on the Sprint network, I find that very odd.
    If the application worked over your sprint network connection before and now it does not .. we'd want to look at what changed between the before/after states.

Maybe if you could screenshot and post up the exact error message and that might provide some technical details to help narrow down the issue.

Hope some of that background is slightly helpful in moving towards a resolution!