(28 November 2010) iDialer v0.54 - Open Source edition

Search This thread

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
pie works fine with the alternate webview.dll. im assuming that the reason I get the can't connect error with my original dll is that this rom probably is using the newer pie.and yes data is connected.is there any info or non cabbed reg file I can get to enable gv calling card profile?

You can create your own REG file.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Supware.net\iDialer]
"myNumber"="18005551212"
"service1type"="callingcard"
"service1title"="GVCallBack"
"service1data"="18005551212p1234p;#"

The 18005551212 should be replaced by your GV number, the 1234 should be replaced by your GV PIN.

FSTNG

Mar 26, 2007
perfect that's what I was looking for.hopefully that will work vs the callback issue with pie. il try editing the reg once I pull off the road. thanks!

FSTNG

Mar 26, 2007
Well after creating the calling card profile it does call GV and try to dial the number but I think it dials too fast because it won't register on the google system. It does get past the "press 2" prompt and then I hear the # at the end but the actual phone number i'm trying to dial goes through too fast and it must be missing a digit or two... sighhhhhh

edit: well I took the 2 out of the calling card script and added some pauses so now when I dial, i wait for the prompt then I just press 2 myself on the dialpad then the script dials the number... so at least its working without a whole lot of hassle for me but still not ideal.

Last edited:

ajay88

Mar 15, 2007
Glendale
Difficulty replacing webview.dll

I'm having some difficulty replacing the webview.dll from my HD2. I have Core Cell EVO, and every time I use total commander to rename webview.dll, it never actually changes it. Ive also tried to connect it to my pc and change it through active sync, but I get the same problem...

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
I'm having some difficulty replacing the webview.dll from my HD2. I have Core Cell EVO, and every time I use total commander to rename webview.dll, it never actually changes it. Ive also tried to connect it to my pc and change it through active sync, but I get the same problem...
Webview.dll is a part of the ROM so you have to use a program that will allow you to overwrite ROM files. I don't use Total Commander so I'm not sure exactly how it handles that, but with Resco Explorer it overwrites ROM files... all you hav eto do is Copy the file to the Windows folder and tap "Overwrite". Not sure about the renaming method you're using.

tomc585

Sep 9, 2009
I have icontacts and idialer working with google voice. How can i set it up so i can use them for dialing out either google voice or my phones account at will. Can I just install the idialer (not idialer_gv) then i will have 2 icons for the dialers? thanks.

mooseman2142

Jun 27, 2010
I am getting the "unexpected error" also.

I am running a HTC HD2 TMOUS, 21XX ROM. I access the google.com/voice/m/sms page via IE and it's fine... anyone know what the problem is / what is the fix?

Also I should mention, iDial only works AT ALL if I first LOG OUT of my google voice on IE. If I am already signed-in and the cookie has me to "Stay signed in", the iDial doesn't work at all (the login dialogue never shows). So the procedure I've been using is to log out of google voice on IE, then use iDial, type in my login, then receive error.

Last edited:

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009

mooseman2142

Jun 27, 2010
I had heard that advice and I mentioned my situation a little earlier:

iDial only works AT ALL if I first LOG OUT of my google voice on IE. If I am already signed-in and the cookie has me to "Stay signed in", the iDial doesn't work at all (the login dialogue never shows). So the procedure I've been using is to log out of google voice on IE, then use iDial, type in my login, then receive error.

Can you tell me exactly the process that worked for you? Did you log in via IE and then stay logged in?

p.s. i'm glad i finally found someone! thanks for your help.

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
I had heard that advice and I mentioned my situation a little earlier:

iDial only works AT ALL if I first LOG OUT of my google voice on IE. If I am already signed-in and the cookie has me to "Stay signed in", the iDial doesn't work at all (the login dialogue never shows). So the procedure I've been using is to log out of google voice on IE, then use iDial, type in my login, then receive error.

Can you tell me exactly the process that worked for you? Did you log in via IE and then stay logged in?

p.s. i'm glad i finally found someone! thanks for your help.

Try signing into Google Voice using PIE, not directly from iDialer..

You could also try this: make a backup copy of WEBVIEW.DLL in your windows directory just in case it doesn't work. Then download this different WEBVIEW.DLL and use a file explorer (like Resco or Total Commander) to copy it to your Windows directory and overwrite the original WEBVIEW.DLL.

mooseman2142

Jun 27, 2010
Yes, I am speaking about PIE. If I sign in to GV via PIE, iDialer doesn't work at all. There is no error, no login, it just closes.

I have seen the webview.dll fix but it was warned that it cannot be used for my ROM edition.

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
Yes, I am speaking about PIE. If I sign in to GV via PIE, iDialer doesn't work at all. There is no error, no login, it just closes.

I have seen the webview.dll fix but it was warned that it cannot be used for my ROM edition.

You could try it anyway as long as you back up the original. If it doesn't work you can just restore the original.

mooseman2142

Jun 27, 2010
i got the calling card dialer to work (that wasn't working before either). Any problems with using this?

This thing is kind of slow... but I feel like the callback way is probably also somewhat slow right?

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
Alright, I think I might know what will fix your problem. In the registry, navigate to: HKCU/Software/Supware.net/iDialer. Now modify myNumber to be your cell phone number (not your GV number). You also have to make sure that Google Voice's default number is the same as your cell number. Hope that works.

Top Liked Posts